Are the Knicks TANKING

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks LOSS to the Nets....if that aint TANKING nothing is.

President Donnie Walsh started training camp with a 23 win Knick team (Tanking).
Hiring Celebrity coach Dantoni looked good with his 2010 Plan for the New York Big Media.

During the Preseason games Donnie Walsh and Dantoni seen that there was no way they could "TANK" this season having 3 ending contract players (Marbury, Nate, and Lee) that came to camp with a 110% winning attitude....along with a 20-10 stat player Zach Randolph in the rotation....plus having an upcomming NBA Star in second season player Wilson Chandler performing well on both sides of the court.

There was no way that Donnie Walsh and Dantoni was going to let players: Marbury, Nate, Chandler, Zach, and Lee, lead this Knick team to a .550 winning season with only 5 to 4 teams in the Eastern Conference that would be better than these Isiah Thomas Knick players. The addition of a pass-first PG-Duhon whom dont look to shoot insured that he would be that ROCK leading the point so Marbury, Nate, Chandler, Zach, and Lee will be tough to stop in the 4th Quarter of all 82 games this season.

WAKE-UP to reality....this is a bussiness....the Knicks President had plans on TANKING this season before the 2008 draft night....and he been proving it throughout every move he made since offseason to now...

The 2010 PLAN got so many people blinded....that means YOU and I

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So, you think having a Duhon, Mebury, Chandler, Zach and Lee lineup would have won us a championship? And having zero cap space in 2010 is a good idea?

You need to wake up. It's about 2010. It's always been about 2010. It's about WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP. Have some freaking patience. We are in a much better situation now than when we started the year. I'm sorry, but Zach, Mebury and Crawford were not going to bring us a championship. Playoffs...maybe. But I would much rather be a contender in 2010 than perennial 1st round knock-outs with zero flexibility.

I'm not suprised the team is playing poorly. I was more suprised when the team was playing well.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There was no way that Donnie Walsh and Dantoni was going to let players: Marbury, Nate, Chandler, Zach, and Lee, lead this Knick team to a .550 winning season with only 5 to 4 teams in the Eastern Conference that would be better than these Isiah Thomas Knick players.

WHAT?

Stephony & Z Bo couldn't lead a fag to a gay bar!

I think the cap clear out spoke for you at the beginning of the season.

Every contract signed this season was inked because it was ultimately expendable come signing time.

Seriously, we all know that the future was set in stone as soon as Z Bo got the ass. We should all be thanking the Clips for making another poor decision by taking him off our over burdened hands.

Whether or not the season's being tanked is a massive ****ing call & to say that you know it's the case is chronically stooooopid!

I've said it before: I'd take the top 8 draft pick over a first round demoralization any day.

Considering our line up and the money that's been cut from the salary, we're a ****ing juggernaut!!

Donnie was handed a shocking mess & he's done well to save a $dollar and still get some wins with a (sadly but truly & I hate to say it) crap all round team.

Red

TYPE-A
As usual your thread/post is emotional and senseless.Are the Knicks tanking....AS IF THEY HAD ANOTHER CHOICE!!!As stated on another NYK blog site "The Knicks don't need to go into Tank mode to lose...just keep doing what they been doing".Once again I repeat...Marbury, ZBo, Crawford etc...wouldn't have made a difference!!! As evidenced by the last few years.The only positive thing about this year is cap space which is a lot. If 2010 is a "pipe dream" then what your saying is if we kept doing what we been for the PAST DECADE (frivilous spending on weak talent) would have miraculously worked this season-- that's the "pipe dream"I don't want to worry about championships, when right now I will take a COMPETITIVE team for 82 games. We can lose and have no room under the cap or we can lose and create cap space, what would you rather? HINT: We lose in both scenarios you stupid motherf*ckers!!!!!!

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
everything that's been done (for the most part) has been in preperation for 2010..yes we've aquired people like Hughes to add to our roster for the time being, possibly make that playoff run, but right now our best plans are to look to 2010 and do as much as we can to cut our salarys...as LJ said, people are forgetting after the trade of Zbo Craw etc that everyone was pretty content with this being a 'rebuilding' 'growing' season for some of the younger players..since we've been playn relatively well each night i think people are forgetting that..forgetting that this whole season is basically just a growth process and that we shouldn't really be going anywhere given our roster, before 2010...we obviously didn't make the trades to better our team right now..but come 2010 i think everyone will agree it was the right decison...idk what was up with the last game though, not playing harrington and nate down the stretch didn't make too much sense...that was a must win game for our playoff hopes and we didn't put up a fight.

jimmymootz

Rookie
yeah knicker23 got it right with that last comment, having Al and Nate on the bench down the stretch there was a mistake. Not positive but i think Dantoni alluded to his mistake in the post-game. And i also agree that 2010 was the plan since opening night against MIA, but as we saw from that night the team had some promise. They have been better this year and more fun to watch than years past...
As for the topic, i dont think these guys or the coaching staff has any plans of tanking here. The players may start to get a bad attitude though now that the locker room godfather Malik has departed. I just hope they dont lose it and totally self destruct now that the 40 game win plan is out the window.

Kiyaman

Legend
So, you think having a Duhon, Mebury, Chandler, Zach and Lee lineup would have won us a championship? And having zero cap space in 2010 is a good idea?

You need to wake up. It's about 2010. It's always been about 2010. It's about WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP. Have some freaking patience. We are in a much better situation now than when we started the year. I'm sorry, but Zach, Mebury and Crawford were not going to bring us a championship. Playoffs...maybe. But I would much rather be a contender in 2010 than perennial 1st round knock-outs with zero flexibility.

I'm not suprised the team is playing poorly. I was more suprised when the team was playing well.

WTF! where did u get winning a championship out of this thread....is dat good weed or somethin else u smoking....the Knicks will not win a championship with Celebrity coach no-defense Dantoni....did Nash, Joe Johnson, Marian, and Amare win a championship with him in Phoenix?

If the Knicks would've drafted Brook Lopez and hired Patrick Ewing as Dantoni's assistant coach maybe then "WE" could be talking about a future championship a season or two after 2010.
Toke toke and Pass that weed man...

RED....I think u are the #1 dum-dum in this forum....u should have played B-Ball before u talk B-Ball.

Crazy 8....dont be fooled about how these Knick Players performed under the reign of Isiah Thomas....Isiah needed alot of help in organization comunication between G.M., coaches, and players, he had no wins in this Knick organization once he fell out of good grace with Allan Houston.

Dont think that players with 6 year contracts dont act up in their 3rd, 4th, and 5th year and play like a super star in their final 6 year....it has been done throughout sports for so long.
Marbury & Zach would've had Star seasons with Lee, Chandler, Nate, and Duhon. Put those 6 players up against any Eastern Conference team in the 4th Qtr. this season and it would be hard for teams to stop that crew.

Knicker 23....the 2010 plan and all its trades could've went down this February and in the 2009 offseason. We wanted to build a winning % team this season that will make players want to sign with us....not have a blank roster hoping for any of the left overs to sign with us.

The 2010 plan is confusing once u find out all the NBA teams that will be under the salary cap to sign these players.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
WTF! where did u get winning a championship out of this thread....is dat good weed or somethin else u smoking....the Knicks will not win a championship with Celebrity coach no-defense Dantoni....did Nash, Joe Johnson, Marian, and Amare win a championship with him in Phoenix?

If the Knicks would've drafted Brook Lopez and hired Patrick Ewing as Dantoni's assistant coach maybe then "WE" could be talking about a future championship a season or two after 2010.
Toke toke and Pass that weed man...[/B]

So then, you must be happy with a perennial mediocre team that gets knocked out in the first round. Because the Mebury, Duhon, Chandler, Zach and Lee lineup would only be mediocre. Even with Ewing and Lopez.

The only difference between that lineup and last year's lineup is Duhon. Sorry, Duhon aint that good. Yet you continue to bash D'Antoni as if he's the problem. Never assigning blame to the players only the coaches (e.g. Isiah, D'Antoni, etc.)

You also have the typical New York sports fan short memory syndrome. Suddenly having Zach in the rotation would have been good. You've made many, many posts about how Zach was last year's problem. That Curry and Lee could have lead us to greatness.

Make up your mind dude and have some damn patience. You post like a little child. I would much rather win a championship. But I guess that doesn't matter to you.

You just want to complain about the past. Move on and provide some ideas for the future for a change instead of always complaining about bad moves in the past. Which I disagree with. Moving Mebury, Zach and Crawford was the best GM move made in a long time. But since you're satisfied with mediocrity you're disappointed.

TunerAddict

Starter
I never got the praise of Zach randolph in his scoring...

Dude shot 43% as a forward...Guy was on Crawford's level....

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Tanking

I do not believe that the Knicks are "tanking," but it would not be a bad idea.

Our plan is to be as good a team as possible in 2010. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires in June of 2011, i.e., just before the start of of the 2011 season. Given the economy and the fact that many teams are losing money, there is a real threat of a lockout which the owners can afford better than the players. Players union representatives are suggesting that any player who can opt out in 2010, should do so. A new Collective Bargaining Agreement is not likely to be as good for the players as the current one. Max salaries and the number of contract years are likely to be reduced. There will, therefore, likely be a great number of free agents in 2010 and not just the front line stars.

We do not have a first round draft pick in 2010. As matters now stand, our earliest 2010 draft position will be early second round. As the result of the Balkman trade with Denver, we have a choice of Denver's second round pick or the Clippers second round pick the rights to which Denver owned. We are certainly not going to get Ricky Rubio with that pick.

It is important that we draft well this year. Although the odds of getting a top three pick are not high, there is still a chance. And an 8th or 9th pick is better than 14th.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We do not have a first round draft pick in 2010. As matters now stand, our earliest 2010 draft position will be early second round. As the result of the Balkman trade with Denver, we have a choice of Denver's second round pick or the Clippers second round pick the rights to which Denver owned. We are certainly not going to get Ricky Rubio with that pick.

It is important that we draft well this year. Although the odds of getting a top three pick are not high, there is still a chance. And an 8th or 9th pick is better than 14th.

There are more rumors spreading that Rubio may actually come out in this year's draft. With the global economy going down the crapper, many Euro League teams are not paying their players on time and what they are owed. This has led to Ricky Rubio seriously considering entering this year's draft to get guaranteed NBA money.

Now, if we have the 8th or 9th pick this year, we could possibly trade that pick, plus a 2nd rounder (we have 2 of them this year) and maybe a player (Chandler?) and move up to the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft and get Rubio :pray: . That seems worth it to me and a hell of a lot better than making the 8th seed and getting knocked out in the first round.

TunerAddict

Starter
There are more rumors spreading that Rubio may actually come out in this year's draft. With the global economy going down the crapper, many Euro League teams are not paying their players on time and what they are owed. This has led to Ricky Rubio seriously considering entering this year's draft to get guaranteed NBA money.

Now, if we have the 8th or 9th pick this year, we could possibly trade that pick, plus a 2nd rounder (we have 2 of them this year) and maybe a player (Chandler?) and move up to the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft and get Rubio :pray: . That seems worth it to me and a hell of a lot better than making the 8th seed and getting knocked out in the first round.

Yes. Agreed.

Anyone is expendable to get Rubio, unless it is Gallo because that combo could very well be the next great guard duo.

JayJ44

Starter
*yawn* I've seen this exact same post from Kiya like 1,000 times.

I really like that trade, if the other team agrees to it. Chandler's value is very high right now. I've heard Washington is looking to trade their 1st round pick because they can't afford to pay him.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio

Perhaps Rubio will come out this year and trading to a better position in the draft is always a possibility. I do not believe, however, that we have any 2nd round pick in 2009. The Balkman trade gives us a 2010 2nd round pick, not a 2009 pick. And our 2009 2nd round pick goes to Portland via Chicago. I believe the loss of the pick is a remnant of the Curry trade. The absence of the 2010 first round pick is a remnant of the Marbury trade. Isiah continues to haunt us.

I wonder if Rubio declares for 2010, or contemplates doing so, whether he will limit the teams with whom he would be willing to sign. i believe Gallinari made it clear that he wanted either the Knicks or the Nets. I am not sure that Minnesota, Memphis or the like would be a pleasant destination for most Europeans. He does have the option of staying in Europe. An indication to that effect may make it easier for the Knicks to trade down to a position where Rubio would be available or with the team that selects Rubio.

But if we were to luck out and get Rubio, where is our big man?

Red

TYPE-A
RED....I think u are the #1 dum-dum in this forum....u should have played B-Ball before u talk B-Ball.

I believe the word you were going for is Dumb.
This dude calling me "dum" and can't even spell (we know everyone spells incorrectly on blogs, but you repeated it just like your opinions which indicates you had no idea how to spell it) smh....

Btw not only do I [and did play ball through college], I'm certified in New York as an athletic coach.

Now here are some responses to your thread. But first...

Crazy 8....dont be fooled about how these Knick Players performed under the reign of Isiah Thomas....Isiah needed alot of help in organization comunication between G.M., coaches, and players, he had no wins in this Knick organization once he fell out of good grace with Allan Houston.

Who's fooled about "how these Knicks performed under Thomas"? We performed miserably the last 5 seasons under numerous coaches. Also there are what 3 current active players from Thomas' years. That second line deserves no response, it's "dum"....

Dont think that players with 6 year contracts dont act up in their 3rd, 4th, and 5th year and play like a super star in their final 6 year....it has been done throughout sports for so long.
Marbury & Zach would've had Star seasons with Lee, Chandler, Nate, and Duhon. Put those 6 players up against any Eastern Conference team in the 4th Qtr. this season and it would be hard for teams to stop that crew.

Knicker 23....the 2010 plan and all its trades could've went down this February and in the 2009 offseason. We wanted to build a winning % team this season that will make players want to sign with us....not have a blank roster hoping for any of the left overs to sign with us.

The 2010 plan is confusing once u find out all the NBA teams that will be under the salary cap to sign these players.

So, lets see, if we added Duhon to last years roster we would of been harder to stop? And you have nerve asking someone what kind of weed they smoke?!?

The 2010 plan is (as admitted) "confusing" yet you refer to it as a "pipe-dream". My man you don't even understand the plan! "Some people are thought to be stupid, others open their mouths and leave no doubt"- nuff said.

Here are those responses...let's see what the jury thinks.

So then, you must be happy with a perennial mediocre team that gets knocked out in the first round. Because the Mebury, Duhon, Chandler, Zach and Lee lineup would only be mediocre. Even with Ewing and Lopez.

The only difference between that lineup and last year's lineup is Duhon. Sorry, Duhon aint that good. Yet you continue to bash D'Antoni as if he's the problem. Never assigning blame to the players only the coaches (e.g. Isiah, D'Antoni, etc.)

You also have the typical New York sports fan short memory syndrome. Suddenly having Zach in the rotation would have been good. You've made many, many posts about how Zach was last year's problem. That Curry and Lee could have lead us to greatness.

Make up your mind dude and have some damn patience. You post like a little child. I would much rather win a championship. But I guess that doesn't matter to you.

You just want to complain about the past. Move on and provide some ideas for the future for a change instead of always complaining about bad moves in the past. Which I disagree with. Moving Mebury, Zach and Crawford was the best GM move made in a long time. But since you're satisfied with mediocrity you're disappointed.

Damn! Thats mad funny... I just read dudes response to you and he mentioned my same point, go figure.

*yawn* I've seen this exact same post from Kiya like 1,000 times.

I really like that trade, if the other team agrees to it. Chandler's value is very high right now. I've heard Washington is looking to trade their 1st round pick because they can't afford to pay him.

Another member realizing you are not only repetitive but you make us sleepy.
Repeating your point is normal, especially when nothing has changed so I get it. Your opinion is your opinion. My issue is when you make a new thread to say the same thing without reiterating it in a proper thread that was already made.
You keep saying 2010 is a "pipe-dream" yet 1. you admitted you were confused
2. The plan isn't to acquire LEBRON JAMES (that's a wish), the plan is to at least clear cap, develop our youth (hopefully with playoff experience), get rid of dead weight and sign one if not two max contracts a.k.a superstars.

After what we as fans been through; that seems the closest to fielding a competitive team than we've been in years.

"It's not TANKING, we really suck"

metrocard

Legend

Duhon set this team back to what they're capable of.

Knicks are a playoff team...with a couple of players they don't need.

We could of been something with Lopez though, you can't front. He can score from inside and outside, defend, rebound, and block shots. Are you serious? Lopez would be averaging 18 and 10 and 2 blocks on this team making an all star apperance for the East.

Ewing would of optimized our defense a bit also.

Dude...you were an Isiah report, don't try to talk to Kiyaman and tell him he's satified with medicority when you were the biggest support of it for years.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Dude...you were an Isiah report, don't try to talk to Kiyaman and tell him he's satified with medicority when you were the biggest support of it for years.

That's the biggest load of crap and you know it. I've never supprted Isiah. Hating Mebury does not equal supporting Isiah.

You must be an Isiah supporter if you agree with Kiya's post. He wants the old Isiah lineup and no cap flexibility. Stop trying to start pointless arguments with me when you know I'm right. Hypocrite.