I think Melo was exposed yesterday, and he will suffer a dramatic drop-off soon.

CoolClyde

With such a lax work ethic, I predict a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

so, what you're saying, Melo is gonna turn into an Orange Blob Man...

...hater.

Benchwarmer
so, what you're saying, Melo is gonna turn into an Orange Blob Man...

...hater.

coffeescreen.gif
coffeescreen.gif
coffeescreen.gif

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Even though this thread is a joke, the only thing that got exposed was Mike Woodson.

This game reeked eerily similar to that Hawks series against Orlando.

Hoping the result is different though.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Among all you posts, this, I have to agree!

Last time Woodson coached during playoffs, after winning 4-3 the first round:

#2 Magic vs #3 Hawks
Game 1, Hawks lost by 43
Game 2, Hawks lost by 14
Game 3, Hawks lost by 30
Game 4, Hawks Lost by 14

This series marked as the most lopsided four-game sweep in NBA playoffs record. And marked the end of Woodson tenure with the Hawks!

2009 Playoffs, after winning 4-3 first round:

#1 Cavaliers (w/LeBron) vs #4 Hawks
Game 1 Hawks lost by 27
Game 2 Hawks lost by 20
Game 3 Hawks lost by 15
Game 4 Hawks won by 10

I seriously hope Woodson isn't trying to break his own record, for most lopsided playoffs sweep.

Edit: Woodson is a great regular season coach, no question about it. But as a playoff coach, he is the worst, for his inability to adjust during the game and throughout the series. Coaches adjust for the playoffs, but not him. He is just downright stubborn as a mule!

You know I didnt wanna say it..I thought it alot on saturday. It has all the makings of his ORL series...

Melo had his worst game. hopefully, of the series when we lost by 33. Would you have felt better if he went for 40 and we lost by 4?

Chill with your knee jerk reactions and lets see what game 2 has in store for us, this series is far from over imo.

Come on guys Melo just has heavy bones :teeth:

Honestly though, we mixed apples with bananas and grapefruits and that'S why we didn't build a championship team.

We started off in July 2010 with D'Antoni as HC and signed 'his' player in Amar'e Stoudemire.

Then we traded half our roster including a decent point guard named Raymond Felton for Melo, a guy who never played well under D'Antoni and in combination with Stoudemire.

Then we sign a third near max. contract guy in Tyson Chandler this fall, instead of a much needed PG like Chris Paul or Deron Williams in an attempt to make Amar'e and Melo work.

D'Antoni gets fired and Amar'e gets injured and all of a sudden Melo looks like the old Melo, the real Melo. Chandler has been fantastic all season, but he'S just not a scorer and has zero post moves. We drastically improved on defense thanks to him, but our offense actually further declined, because the spacing is even worse now when all 3 are on the court.

What I'm saying is: We started with a run and gun, no defense HC and signed an athletic pick and roll PF, probably the best in the league in that regard. Unfortunately we didn't sign an MVP type PG like Paul, Nash, Rose to complement Amar'e. Instead we traded away our starting 5, bar Amar'e, for a player who is very good, but a misfit in D'Antoni's system and not a good compliment to Amar'es game.

D'Antoni gets fired and Woodson does a good job, Melo comes alive, but all of a sudden Amar'e struggles, because the spacing is not good with him, Melo and Chandler on the floor. Unfortunately STAT has no post game and is a subpar defender, if we're honest for one second he's not a good fit for the Woodson type of basketball and a bad addition to Melo and Chandler who are made for the half court game.

We can bend it and flip it upside down, at the end of the day the team is not well composed and there is a fundamental imbalance.

Miami are very good, no question, but our offense was very very very bad and we got exposed to the fullest. I mean we're talking about a Knicks team that failed to beat Toronto, Charlotte, Cleveland, Sacramento, New Orleans etc. our offense sucks. It's plain and simple.

Only changes we can make in the offseason are to build this team for Melo and try to get more front court depth. We need highly efficient players coming off the bench, a stopper, a rebounder, a scorer and a passer/ball handler. All good teams are build like that.

Amar'e/Melo/Chandler doesn't work. Lin or no Lin.

(And Lin himself is pretty much only a sophmore, Miami destroyed him in the regular season. He needs time himself to grow as a player and cut those turnovers down.)

I love Amar'e, but it's time to trade him. He's a D'Antoni player and simply has no post game. He can't play with Chandler or in any system that ain't run and gun (especially with no exceptional PNR PG).

elleclouds

Rookie
Yeah, but it showed he was trying. It's also different this time. If Melo explodes in Game 2 after not having a good Game 1 last year, he won't be adjusted to by the Heat like Boston did last year because our team is deep. His effort was there yesterday, and it's not like we haven't seen Melo play well against the Heat recently, so this thread is pre-mature.

I agree. Melo is a top 10 player in this league. Just because Lebron is damn near number 1 doesn't make Melo a bum. Dude can score at will when he is on, but he just isn't Lebron and not many players are.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Oh and to the guy calling melo fat and questioning his off season work should give it a ****ing break. What you doing with ur life son? Dude isnt even fat. Hes a ****ing big thick dude. Its his size that help him be the down low scoreer that he is. Give it up with the melo hate. God amare doesnt get criticized near what melo does and he makes more money, and isnt close to the player melo is. Jesus christ I cant stand some ****ing knicks fans. This is why when I was struggling to watch ****ing duhon, lee, crawford, nasty nate I would have never come to boards like these to talk to some of these fans. If its this way now I can only imagine how it was back then.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yes! Great size can help you score down low, it's true

LeFlume

All Star
Colin Cowherd did bash him big time on "The Herd" today. He went on and on and on. It was brutal..10-15 minutes Melo rant :boohoo:

We should have went for Andrew Bynum in 2005. Best center in the league today, hands down!

It was a mistake to miss out on him and select Channing Frye and Nate Robinson instead.

David Lee was a good pick, but not getting Bynum was stupid.

I'm 100% sure he's the kryptonite to Miami's defense, because nobody on their roster can contain Bynum.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Premature thread. The Heat destroyed the Knicks on all levels and no one should be content with that, but to go on a Melo bash is stupid. Melo was clearly taken out of his game by sometimes 3 defenders BUT Amare never took advantage of the situation.

I criticize Amare A LOT, just check my posts. IMO he just roams around too much and doesn't command the ball. Seriously, if you're Melo's sidekick and you see the defense totally raping him WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE IT TO THEM AND FORCE THEM TO CHANGE THEIR DEFENSIVE SCHEME???? For christs sake Jorts was more aggressive than Amare. The first qtr Amare had that big dunk and he was hype but what happened after that??? His intensity is fake and he seems to only talk tough and prefers to embarass players on the Bobkittens.

I would love to see our two starts shoulder some blame and tell the fans that they have to step up and play better. Not "we" but "I"! Everytime Amare talks its "we" have to do this and "we" have to do that. Fukk that! If you want to be a leader, put a boulder on your shoulder and prove why your a star.

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk

Lebron James has never been question about his high-level of offense or defense in any season of his career....Jordan/Bird/Magic/Pippin are the only Point-Fowards with the same high-level of offense/defense as Lebron.

Carmelo & Tracy McGrady are high scorers....when giving the right headcoach they could challenge any NBA player for the scoring title in the regular season.

p0nder

Starter
Only thing exposed in game one was fake ass bandwagon fans and the REFS clear bias toward the cHeat.

Melo is gonna shove that crow down people's throat tonight.

elleclouds

Rookie
We should have went for Andrew Bynum in 2005. Best center in the league today, hands down!

It was a mistake to miss out on him and select Channing Frye and Nate Robinson instead.

I'm 100% sure he's the kryptonite to Miami's defense, because nobody on their roster can contain Bynum.

And noone in the league can contain Lebron... Wade is pretty good too:agreed:

Den318

Benchwarmer
There was no bias...:boohoo:

What do you expect a Melo fan to say? Get ready for another beating from the Heat tonight. I love the Knicks, but we are not in Miami's league. The Heat is so much better than the Knicks as Lebron is so much better than Melo.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
What do you expect a Melo fan to say? Get ready for another beating from the Heat tonight. I love the Knicks, but we are not in Miami's league. The Heat is so much better than the Knicks as Lebron is so much better than Melo.
There was no bias...:boohoo:

You two mark-ass bitches can get the F*CK off the KNICKS forums now you Lebron cock suckin, Wade chokin, Bosh jerkin pussy fagg*ts.

I really hope your just joking about us passing on Bynum...i reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyy hope your joking.

Den318

Benchwarmer
You two mark-ass bitches can get the F*CK off the KNICKS forums now you Lebron cock suckin, Wade chokin, Bosh jerkin pussy fagg*ts.

You and Melo epic fail!!! 2 more games and you and Melo can get the f*ck out of the playoff!!! How is Melo's dick taste? 6 playoff games with the Knicks and 6 epic fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!