Swizz Beats to remix knicks theme song

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
?It?s showtime!? XXLMag.com has learned that the New York Knicks tapped Swizz Beatz to upgrade their longtime theme song, ?Go NY Go.?
Following in Q-Tip?s footsteps, Swizz was asked to bring his signature sound to NY?s famed basketball team.
Asked how the deal came about, the superproducer?s rep told XXL: ?[Swizz] is from from the Bronx. [The Knicks] always try to get people that have that connection, people who they feel could really pay homage ?cause they represent that culture. Plus, [with] the new sizzle that they have with Carmelo [Anthony] and Amare [Stoudemire], they want to give people an updated but still vintage song that reflects the old [song]. It?s just a lil? more spicy.?
The track is set to premiere in time for the playoffs, which begins on Saturday, April 16. Swizz is also set to film a short video for the theme along with several of the Knicks all-stars this week, that will appear on the MSG network shortly. ?Jesse Gissen

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/04/swizz-beatz-upgrades-knicks-theme-song/

NICE! cant wait to hear it should be fresh, gotta love swizz

?It?s showtime!? XXLMag.com has learned that the New York Knicks tapped Swizz Beatz to upgrade their longtime theme song, ?Go NY Go.?
Following in Q-Tip?s footsteps, Swizz was asked to bring his signature sound to NY?s famed basketball team.
Asked how the deal came about, the superproducer?s rep told XXL: ?[Swizz] is from from the Bronx. [The Knicks] always try to get people that have that connection, people who they feel could really pay homage ?cause they represent that culture. Plus, [with] the new sizzle that they have with Carmelo [Anthony] and Amare [Stoudemire], they want to give people an updated but still vintage song that reflects the old [song]. It?s just a lil? more spicy.?
The track is set to premiere in time for the playoffs, which begins on Saturday, April 16. Swizz is also set to film a short video for the theme along with several of the Knicks all-stars this week, that will appear on the MSG network shortly. ?Jesse Gissen

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/04/swizz-beatz-upgrades-knicks-theme-song/

NICE! cant wait to hear it should be fresh, gotta love swizz
Wow I'm pumped to see this one,i always wondered if there was going to be a new one.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
is it saturday yet?? i mean this song has me hyped but playoffs is where its at. im canceling a shitload of plans to watch that game haha

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Smh?

is it saturday yet?? i mean this song has me hyped but playoffs is where its at. im canceling a shitload of plans to watch that game haha

Cmon why you acting like a newbie what plans could you have possibly have had on a saturday playoff day ? oh wait wait one with the KNICKS making their debut in 7+yrs huh. its not like they just determined that playoffs start saturday this date has been set since the season began .....LOL Enjoy the Game and Lets Go KNICKS !

smokes

Huge Member
Swizz Beats are probably my least favorite production studio in mainstream hip hop.

In terms of the tunes they release they are pretty crappy but their patented sound is a really nice sound imo.

It's like g-funk for 2010.

Pretty hyped for this beat to drop!

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
wow.........

Ya, that was really awful. That and the fact that Amare looked incredibly awkward during that lol.

I'm hoping that wasn't the official version, but I don't see why they would be doing if it wasn't.

I was expecting some sort of a hardcore, real beat oriented remix. What's up with the techno? Who's producing this, Akon?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Cmon why you acting like a newbie what plans could you have possibly have had on a saturday playoff day ? oh wait wait one with the KNICKS making their debut in 7+yrs huh. its not like they just determined that playoffs start saturday this date has been set since the season began .....LOL Enjoy the Game and Lets Go KNICKS !

lmaooooo, no man its just that its Saturday; but definitely ill be watching when we tipoff our post-season.

Lol what a piece of shit!

Sounds like a techno anthem....

Never been a fan of Swizz Beatz. Some of his early productions were good, but the last 5-6 years his stuff has been awful most of the time.