Glen Grunwald

Forrest17

Rotation player
He definitely has done very well... A few moves of his has confused me a bit, but there is no question he has made our team better, and if he is able to improve the guard situation then he should be rewarded with getting the actual title of GM, and not just this "temporary" kind of status he has right now.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He somehow forced D'Antoni to work together with defensive-minded Woodson + despite an outside push to try to acquire Paul he landed us one of the best defensive centers in the league. He's got my respect. :)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm thinking that Grunwald pretty much knew that we had no chance at Paul or Howard.

Might as well pick up a good defensive center so we can contend THIS YEAR.

Paul1355

All Star
Grunwald has been a solid GM

He is a great GM. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Donnie Walsh started it and Glen Grunwald is finishing it.

I wouldnt call Grunwald a great GM but he has been impressive.

He is addressing the needs that Knicks fans have been screaming for. Size!

And signing Bibby is a perfect cheap option.

Our team looks pretty legit

Douglas/Bibby/Shumpert
Fields/Shumpert/Walker
Melo/Williams?/Fields
Amare/Jeffries/Jorts
Chandler/Jordan/Jorts

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he worked closely with Donnie and gained experience and now with these moves and turning the knicks into a force with the addition of Chandler was spectacular, if he's able to land crawford without giving up fields or douglas ( as were trying to do, douglas and fields are not being offered ), then he's setting us up with a solid starting 5 and a deep bench depending if you wanna bring crawford as the 6th man. we can take it this year and he'll be NY's hero

Wargames

Starter
I want to say he is impressive but its still to early, the knicks are in a great spot, we actually got a FA Center at fair value and S&T for chandler cleared up enough money to sign the equivalent of two separate 2.5 contracts.

There are rumors we're trying to take advantage of Atlanta's mistake (amazing that the knicks are the team taking advantage of another teams mistake) to get JC and maybe barea will come for basically nothing to win another ring. But lets be clear this is all thanks to donnie. How man GM's would have the courage to tank 2 years and trade dimes for pennies just to make a team a contender again.

Chandler basically ended the bidding for his services once he heard new yoek was interested because we had Amare, and Melo. Last year the knicks got the steal of the draft in fields and this year shumpert is look like another fine prospect. I do think the T-Mac deal wasn't the best but who knew miami was in the runninh like that. The original plan had been lebron & bosh/Amare. However, Amare and Melo has just as much potential.

So while I like what I see so far I wont be able to give a fair opinion until Grunwald has left and you can judge his moves in hindsight.

Wargames

Starter
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/13/s...lds-plan-speak-softly-and-sign-a-big-man.html

This is a pretty interesting article.

Also not quite on topic but another interesting article on the Knicks defense

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203430404577095021063607132.html

So in theory on defense the knicks will rotate off their man to cover the ball handler. This is good in theory since Bigs like Chandler and Jefferies know how to rotate from their man to man coverage to cover the ball handler. In fact that is what they both do very well defensively.

Then add in the fact that both Billups and TD got injured last year trying to run under the screen and it makes even more sense.

so more signs of competency.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im liking that article on Grunwald, very interesting read. definitely sounds committed and that move he made on chandler was gold exactly what i've wanted us to do the cp3 was a pipe dream and it only would've led to a season lost but now were contenders anyway you look at it. especially in the east and if we can add Crawford at the 2.5 mil deal were in for a long season( the good kind )