We are WEAK at the SG position

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Make no mistake 20 million for Fields is laughable...
But Screw Dolan and let him pay it....

Wouldn't be shocked. If anything, the scrutiny that'd boil up about him being grossly overpaid might well encourage him to develop a shot and some reliable handles. A shooting guard that's not even a triple threat without a shot has no spot on this roster.

JR needs to add a playmaking game, himself.

Without Shump, we really are in a spot of bother at the 2. Certainly have more faith in JR than Fields, however, which makes Fields contract all the smellier.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;241609 said:
Wouldn't be shocked. If anything, the scrutiny that'd boil up about him being grossly overpaid might well encourage him to develop a shot and some reliable handles. A shooting guard that's not even a triple threat without a shot has no spot on this roster.

JR needs to add a playmaking game, himself.

Without Shump, we really are in a spot of bother at the 2. Certainly have more faith in JR than Fields, however, which makes Fields contract all the smellier.
please god no, we do not need Laundry Folds

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Yes RT @NYsportsFan11 @TommyDeeTKB Do you think the Knicks are going to make a move to add a SG?

Give Gruns his time people!!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Considering the fact that all we have left to offer is the BAE and vet min which won't get us much in terms of an alternative, I don't see why not, esp if it won't affect our salary cap.
We do not have the BAE.

we only have a S&T for 2.1mil and Vet min.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Just saw a tweet that the Knicks were looking at Mo Evans again.

Jonah Kaner ‏@TheKnicksWall
‪#Knicks‬ are looking at Mo Evans, according to @IanBegley.

Seriously doubt there's a lot of validity behind it if we've already signed a pair of Euro league escapees.

I think Fields is a good fit for this team?when he?s not deferring. IMO, he had an impressive rookie year, I saw an above average guy playing the 2 sometimes 3 but his game suffered a bit trying to adapt to his star team mates. The second year he seemed to be playing way too unselfish and rarely looked like he wanted to score? just contribute in other areas of his game. Besides there was just too much drama last year and the constant changes in players and staff can also confuse and dispirit a young NBA player.

This is his 3rd year, which I think will be a more defining year of his actual capabilities?allowing real chemistry to set in.

The Toronto Raptors contract is a Hugh one, not sure if Landry is worth it, but I feel the figures involved were meant to cause some discouragement within the Knicks brass, a blatant distraction in the least.

The Knicks are known for throwing away a lot of money on players just to see them underachieve after the money?s in the bank. Hopefully that trend will stop now that we have a coach that will hold his team/players accountable and keep them under control. If we lose Landry he'll be missed a bit but his recent services can be replaced. I wouldn't mind bringing him back, he just needs to be focused and gain some extra courage. Woody and some team mate chemistry will do the rest.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;241621 said:
^

Just saw a tweet that the Knicks were looking at Mo Evans again.

Jonah Kaner ‏@TheKnicksWall
‪#Knicks‬ are looking at Mo Evans, according to @IanBegley.

Seriously doubt there's a lot of validity behind it if we've already signed a pair of Euro league escapees.
HoopFocus.com ‏@HoopFocus
With limited roster spots, the New York #Knicks are considering adding Maurice Evans to the roster: http://wp.me/p2tf04-v1 #NBA

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think Fields is a good fit for this team?when he?s not deferring. IMO, he had an impressive rookie year, I saw an above average guy playing the 2 sometimes 3 but his game suffered a bit trying to adapt to his star team mates. The second year he seemed to be playing way too unselfish and rarely looked like he wanted to score? just contribute in other areas of his game. Besides there was just too much drama last year and the constant changes in players and staff can also confuse and dispirit a young NBA player.

This is his 3rd year, which I think will be a more defining year of his actual capabilities?allowing real chemistry to set in.

The Toronto Raptors contract is a Hugh one, not sure if Landry is worth it, but I feel the figures involved were meant to cause some discouragement within the Knicks brass, a blatant distraction in the least.

The Knicks are known for throwing away a lot of money on players just to see them underachieve after the money?s in the bank. Hopefully that trend will stop now that we have a coach that will hold his team/players accountable and keep them under control. If we lose Landry he'll be missed a bit but his recent services can be replaced. I wouldn't mind bringing him back, he just needs to be focused and gain some extra courage. Woody and some teamate chemistry will do the rest.

That right there is a decent post.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

The Knicks are known for throwing away a lot of money on players just to see them underachieve after the money?s in the bank. Hopefully that trend will stop now that we have a coach that will hold his team/players accountable and keep them under control. If we lose Landry he'll be missed a bit but his recent services can be replaced. I wouldn't mind bringing him back, he just needs to be focused and gain some extra courage. Woody and some team mate chemistry will do the rest.
Great post +1

Who really knows how Landrys gonna turn out in year 3. He could find his fit and make us happy we kept him or we could have the complete opposite.

Who knows? :shrug:

finestrg

Rotation player
FIELDS $$ cannot be used for another player...
We have I think Vet minimum left...
There is no player better then fields that we can get at the vet minimum...

Respectfully disagree. I view most every player I mentioned a page or two back to be a better talent than Fields. The few others are at least on par -- I personally think they're all superior - the ones I mentioned that are as old or younger than Landry at the very least have more upside/ability. And they'd all come much cheaper. There's not one player I mentioned that would require more than the vet minimum (maybe CDR, depending if he's gotten any offers yet which is why we should've reached out to this guy already -- why wait for some team to offer something we can't? We should've came strong with love, a contract offer and maybe the promise of a starting SG role weeks ago. Just my humble opinion). Every other guy would come for the league minimum. I'd argue that they're all superior to Fields and don't get me wrong, I like Fields. Just not at $20M..

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Great post +1

Who really knows how Landrys gonna turn out in year 3. He could find his fit and make us happy we kept him or we could have the complete opposite.

Who knows? :shrug:

Nothing to lose and a 6-8 guard who can defend, rebound and hustle only helps does not hurt........Plus he's Lins buddy :)

Paul1355

All Star
u can not be serious .. for five straight seasons JR.Smith & Melo were the main reason Denver Nuggets stayed a first round playoff team.
I dont see Durant & Harden, or Dirk & Terry, or Duncan & Ginobli as being a consecutive first round playoff team.

JR.Smith spreading the floor is a joke .. JR lives on the 3 point line, plus goes to the foul line once every 4 games.
Cut out all the funnies

Shump just had ACL surgery, Shump wont be Shump till the 2013-14 season....Stop listening to early medical report decisions before the surgery, teams always give fans early recovery reports....Lin's medical report had him playing in the playoffs.
J.R Smith can spread the floor because he can make an outside shot. Fields CANT

Smith has the ability to score 30 points any given night, FIELDS CANT.

J.R played suprisingly good defense adn rebounds well. He passes better than Fields. He has better ball handling skills than Fields.

So your solution to SG is matching the FIelds offer sheet paying him over 6 mil a year???? Are you Isaiah??

He costs too much money doesn't fit the team. We need shooters, not slashers at the 2 spot.

AND Fields minutes went down significantly once Woodson realized Shump and J.R were better and more efficient than Fields. It was like Fields was a waste of playing time.

finestrg

Rotation player
Just curious -- what do you guys think of Jodie Meeks? I know he's not the tallest SG out there (ain't the smallest either, he's 6'4"), not known for his defensive ability and pretty much one-dimensional on offense -- but man, what a dimension. Very good outside shooter. No idea what he's worth (vet minimum? Less?) and if Philly plans on bringing him back (I mean they would've already if they really wanted him, no?) but there's no question his shooting stroke would be a welcomed addition here, maybe even as a starter. Imagine a lineup of Meeks and Novak setting up outside, Lin orchestrating, Melo and Amar'e in the middle? That could be deadly...And that's only one combination..

So what'd ya think? Jodie Meeks.. Possibility or no? Could this guy be had for the vet minimum, maybe with a promise to start? When I think of Meeks, I can't help but think of how effective Paxson/Steve Kerr/BJ Armstrong and even Craig Hodges were for the Bulls during MJ's heyday. Meeks is pretty much on par with all of those guys, maybe better...

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
As of right now i agree we are weak at the SG position, however i feel this issue will be FIXED before the season starts. Our front office knows Shump is out some of the season, they are not going into MSG with just JR as our legit SG.. i feel there is more to come. Trust me there will be alot of talent still left for vet min signings, it's all about patience.

FIELDS? loved him his rookie season but FIELDS is not the answer for the Knicks at the SG spot

1. He's not a SG, his natural position is SF...

2. Having Fields on the floor eliminates the necessary floor spacing that is ideally needed.

3. Fields every year has disappeared in the Playoff's

4. Fields just plain flat out does not fit with this style of basketball we play, Fields would shine on teams like the Nuggets, Suns, Cavs, Bucks etc etc.