Which SG can we trade Wilson Chandler for?

New New York

Quiet Storm
We are going to struggle because we have no ability to create our own shot in the half court. This is in large part because we have Wilson playing SG. I have said it before there is no way that he and Gallo can coexist.

Gallo is likely not going to be traded because teams want to see him go a full season without the back acting up.

So my question is what SG can we trade Wilson for

1. Rudy Fernandez: This is a pretty even trade. Portlad has one of the best young SG's in the league -Brandon Roy- and they have backup SGs in Martel Webster and Bayless. We could kill two birds with one stone by making it Wilson and Nate for Rudy and Blake. Wilson's shot blocking ability means he could play some backup PF for them too.

Portland

Miller/Bayless/Roy
Roy/Nate/Bayless
Wilson/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Wilson
Oden/ Pryzbilla

Still very much the team of the future in The West a great team on both sides of the ball! Probably the best shot blocking team in the League.

The Knicks

Blake/Duhon/Douglas
Fernandez/Douglas/Hughes
Gallo/Harrington/Jefferies
Harrington/Lee/Jefferies/Hill
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

The deal actually would save us about 900k in cap room next year while improving us this year. Likely still a sub .500 team but good enough to have legit shot at the playoffs. One catch would be that we would be asking a lot of Douglas as the backup SG, but he is a good scorer with a lot of confidence so he could adapt. Blake is for sure an upgrade over Duhon and would probably put up the same numbers for us Sessions would have.

2. Wilson for Cortney Lee: To tell you the truth I am not totally sold on this one even though in theory it makes sense for both teams. Yi is an ok scorer but his D is non existent -Jared Jefferies looked like Carmelo Anthony against him the other night- so Wilson would be an upgrade in that way for them. Plus Terrence Williams and Chris Douglas Roberts are two good looking SG's NJ has, and being that Lee has complained about being there since the trade I do not think NJ has him filed under their list of un-tradable list of players. For us Lee is coming off a great rookie season where he shot .400 from 3 in an offense that took almost as many 3's per game as us. I imagine he would be right at home in our offense, but I also imagine him being just as happy being a Knick as a Net. He can score but his ball handling is a little shaky albiet better than Wilson's.

Duhon/Douglas
Lee/Nate
Gallo/Jefferies
Harrington/Jefferies
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

Probably only 4 games better than if we had Wilson, but that makes a world of difference in terms of what pick of ours Utah ends up with!

3. Wilson and Curry for Stephen Jackson and Speedy Claxton: a bit of a goofy trade I admit, but actually works for both teams in a way. Curry gives G-State low post scoring and Wilson replaces Stephon Jackson at SF. Naturally the major perk for G-State is riding themselves of their disgruntal guard while getting a talented young player back in return.....I'd seriously discuss them throwing in a pick if it didnt help our cap

For us this deal actually saves us 4.9 million dollars in cap next year all while filling a void we have. I would do this trade in a heartbeat if we moved Jefferies for an expiring deal because it would bring us down to 15.3 million in cap. That would give us between 35 and 38 million to spend plus the MLE.

Knicks

Duhon/Douglas
Jackson/Nate/Hughes
Gallo/Al
Al/Jefferies/Hill
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

I'd give this team 38-40 wins. Jackson is a good defender so that helps, but again the cap implications is the whole key to this deal for me.

JayJ44

Starter
Great thread. I would trade Chandler for Fernandez in a heartbeat, not sure how thrilled Portland would be though. But it's a start. Not so sure about Courtney Lee, I feel he's kinda overrated. On the Magic, he didn't really have to do anything but hit open jumpers and play defense. The Jackson trade is an idea, he's a very good player. His contract is ass, but if we could get rid of Curry maybe it's worth it. At least we would get a productive player with an equally bad contract.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
If you are looking for talent NOW, Rudy Fernandez.

If we are looking for a raw player (so unlikely), Jeffries and Chandler for Morrow and Claxton. (We might have to modify this a little, i don't think the salaries match.)

Anthony Morrow has lots of potential IMO, dude doesn't get enought pt.

And if we do that, Hill gets more playing time.

I know it isn't the best idea, but what do you guys think?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd love to get Rudy in on the job. Much prefer to trade Gallo for him to keep our future 3 spot ensured throughout the next 3 years.

But the fact of the matter is that Portland don't even wanna hear about it.

They're as stacked at the 3 as they are at the 2. Infact, they're stacked throughout all positions now they've acquired Miller. Unquestionably they'd demand Lee for Fernandez which is bull shit.

Lee and Nate for Oden and Rudy. Seems much fairer, still an offer they'd shoot down in flames. We'll never get Rudy Fernandez.

Chandler + Curry for S Jax + Claxton...

Worth a look, Jackson's disgruntled and wants out... But again, would they bother? They have Maggete already and noone in their right mind would take on Curry's wobbling ass and ****ed knee.

You're gonna have to do better than these 3 for there being any point in even considering losing Chandler.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great thread. I would trade Chandler for Fernandez in a heartbeat, not sure how thrilled Portland would be though.

I'd love to get Rudy in on the job. Much prefer to trade Gallo for him to keep our future 3 spot ensured throughout the next 3 years.

But the fact of the matter is that Portland don't even wanna hear about it.

I kinda felt the same way as you guys when creating this thread in that I did not think Portland would go for the trade, but I think the reason we feel that way is because we realize how much we need a player like Fernandez and we just dont think Portland has as much a need for Wilson.

Now this is true we need Rudy a little more than Portland needs Wilson, and that is simply because we do not have a SG at all but this fact isnt a deal breaker. But when you look Portland's core of Roy,Aldridge,Oden,Miller...Wilson would fit in very nice with that bunch.

Now in my opinion the best SF for Portland would be Tayshuan Prince -just like Ray Allen would be a better fit than Rudy Fernandez- because he is a complimentary player who does the intagiables, But Wilson would do a lot of those same things. Wilson too is a complimentary type player who would hit shots as needed and would play defense for them. I think this role is better for Wilson than the franchise type player we are trying to make him into.

Not to mention Rudy Fernandez isnt a franchise type SG, but rather a Manu Ginobili type who just puts a team over the top.

I think a Rudy for Wilson and Jordan Hill is an even trade that makes both teams better. :thumbsup:

SilentJay

Rookie
Well, word has it DW wasn't willing to give Chandler to move up in the draft so I think he'd be hesitant to make a Chandler trade unless it is somehow linked to Curry or JJ for playeres on their contract years. I think there's a better option of getting someone dumb enough to want Larry Hughes and trade him (if there actually is someone out there). Word is (on the Bulls.com) that Donnie is actually considering a buy out. Better options of that than seeing Wilson out. Remember, him and Gallo are "the building blocks" of NY.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Fernandez deal would be a no brainer...for the Knicks. Portland has no use for Chandler since they're stacked at SF. Outlaw is a bit rusty from the off-season but POR trusts him and he is a really good player who can spread the floor with his scoring.

I think we could do much better than Courtney Lee. Wilson may not be a true SG but he is more dynamic and athletic. Lee would give us more 3pt shooting ability (do we really need more) and great on-ball defense (TD does that already). If we're going to trade for a SG then it should be one that can put up numbers and create their own shot at will. I hate to say it but someone similar to Jamal Crawford.

No one will dare trade for Curry. That issue is a dead horse.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Better options of that than seeing Wilson out. Remember, him and Gallo are "the building blocks" of NY.

That scares me. Chandler and Gallo as the "building blocks" of the Knicks. I agree with New New York. I don't think they can coexist as starters. It's pretty evident Chandler cannot play SG. The Knicks have a lot of needs. PG, SG and C.

I don't think we'll be making any trades this year. But come next offseason, Curry's and Jeffries' contracts will be quite valuable since they are expiring.

There were rumors a few months ago that Sacramento was considering trading Kevin Martin to try and dump salary. Jeffries + a 2012 pick for Martin. Then Curry + Chandler to GS for Monta Ellis.

PG-Ellis
SG-Martin
SF-Gallo
PF-Lebron
C-??? (maybe Lee again)

Terrible defensively but competitive with a lot of scoring.

Paul1355

All Star
Best move is probably Rudy Fernandez or any other young upcoming star that has shown some good offensive ability.

I know guys like Randy Foye, Jason Kapono, Steve Novak, Anthony Morrow, even Brian Cook and some others with bad teams that have some good skills and if the Knicks had them they'd really impress people. If we are going to jack up three's all the time then get guys who are the best at making them! These guys can all make three point shots like it's what they were born to do. We have good down town shooters like Nate, Gallinari, sometimes Chandler, and Al Harrington..but these guys i mentioned are pure three point shooters, were Foye is more the ahtletic small type of SG. Donnie should look in 2010 for a star and one or two pure three point shooters like a Kapono, Novak, Daquen Cook or Brian Cook.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We are going to struggle because we have no ability to create our own shot in the half court. This is in large part because we have Wilson playing SG. I have said it before there is no way that he and Gallo can coexist.

Gallo is likely not going to be traded because teams want to see him go a full season without the back acting up.

So my question is what SG can we trade Wilson for

1. Rudy Fernandez: This is a pretty even trade. Portlad has one of the best young SG's in the league -Brandon Roy- and they have backup SGs in Martel Webster and Bayless. We could kill two birds with one stone by making it Wilson and Nate for Rudy and Blake. Wilson's shot blocking ability means he could play some backup PF for them too.

Portland

Miller/Bayless/Roy
Roy/Nate/Bayless
Wilson/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Wilson
Oden/ Pryzbilla

Still very much the team of the future in The West a great team on both sides of the ball! Probably the best shot blocking team in the League.

The Knicks

Blake/Duhon/Douglas
Fernandez/Douglas/Hughes
Gallo/Harrington/Jefferies
Harrington/Lee/Jefferies/Hill
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

The deal actually would save us about 900k in cap room next year while improving us this year. Likely still a sub .500 team but good enough to have legit shot at the playoffs. One catch would be that we would be asking a lot of Douglas as the backup SG, but he is a good scorer with a lot of confidence so he could adapt. Blake is for sure an upgrade over Duhon and would probably put up the same numbers for us Sessions would have.

2. Wilson for Cortney Lee: To tell you the truth I am not totally sold on this one even though in theory it makes sense for both teams. Yi is an ok scorer but his D is non existent -Jared Jefferies looked like Carmelo Anthony against him the other night- so Wilson would be an upgrade in that way for them. Plus Terrence Williams and Chris Douglas Roberts are two good looking SG's NJ has, and being that Lee has complained about being there since the trade I do not think NJ has him filed under their list of un-tradable list of players. For us Lee is coming off a great rookie season where he shot .400 from 3 in an offense that took almost as many 3's per game as us. I imagine he would be right at home in our offense, but I also imagine him being just as happy being a Knick as a Net. He can score but his ball handling is a little shaky albiet better than Wilson's.

Duhon/Douglas
Lee/Nate
Gallo/Jefferies
Harrington/Jefferies
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

Probably only 4 games better than if we had Wilson, but that makes a world of difference in terms of what pick of ours Utah ends up with!

3. Wilson and Curry for Stephen Jackson and Speedy Claxton: a bit of a goofy trade I admit, but actually works for both teams in a way. Curry gives G-State low post scoring and Wilson replaces Stephon Jackson at SF. Naturally the major perk for G-State is riding themselves of their disgruntal guard while getting a talented young player back in return.....I'd seriously discuss them throwing in a pick if it didnt help our cap

For us this deal actually saves us 4.9 million dollars in cap next year all while filling a void we have. I would do this trade in a heartbeat if we moved Jefferies for an expiring deal because it would bring us down to 15.3 million in cap. That would give us between 35 and 38 million to spend plus the MLE.

Knicks

Duhon/Douglas
Jackson/Nate/Hughes
Gallo/Al
Al/Jefferies/Hill
Lee/Darko/Jefferies

I'd give this team 38-40 wins. Jackson is a good defender so that helps, but again the cap implications is the whole key to this deal for me.

Portland turned down trading for Lee because they didn't want to part with Fernandez... So I don't think they would trade him for Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
I know we are desperate for a SG......but to give up our future SF Wilson Chandler.

u guys believe in Gallo over Chandler???????
or Rudy over Chandler?????????

I guess we all should be respected for our opinion, but we will see 3 more years from now on who reach all-star status...

TunerAddict

Starter
I know we are desperate for a SG......but to give up our future SF Wilson Chandler.

I guess we all should be respected for our opinion, but we will see 3 more years from now on who reach all-star status...

I don't buy a guy who can't handle the ball at all and who settles for jumpshots 90% of the time ever becoming an allstar unless he actually decides to make changes...

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Chandler will never be an all-star. He should be the 3rd or 4th option on a team. Unfortunately the Knicks have very little talent so he is the 1st or 2nd option. Hence why the Knicks will be one of the worst teams in the east this year.

Come to think of it, when was the last time the Knicks actually had a group of legit talent? Probably since Spree and Camby were let go. *sighs*

Kiyaman

Legend
Chandler will never be an all-star. He should be the 3rd or 4th option on a team. Unfortunately the Knicks have very little talent so he is the 1st or 2nd option. Hence why the Knicks will be one of the worst teams in the east this year.

Come to think of it, when was the last time the Knicks actually had a group of legit talent? Probably since Spree and Camby were let go. *sighs*

We are talking about a kid that put in 32 mpg in 82 games averaging 14 pts, 5 rbd, and 2 ast, in (practically) his first season in the NBA.
The topper of it all is.....this preseason he looks fit to improve in every area from last season stats plus add some steals and blocks this season.

I would like a trade for Rudy with Gallo

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Fernandez deal would be a no brainer...for the Knicks. Portland has no use for Chandler since they're stacked at SF. Outlaw is a bit rusty from the off-season but POR trusts him and he is a really good player who can spread the floor with his scoring.

I think we could do much better than Courtney Lee. Wilson may not be a true SG but he is more dynamic and athletic. Lee would give us more 3pt shooting ability (do we really need more) and great on-ball defense (TD does that already). If we're going to trade for a SG then it should be one that can put up numbers and create their own shot at will. I hate to say it but someone similar to Jamal Crawford.

No one will dare trade for Curry. That issue is a dead horse.

+1 for you sir for having the courage to say what I have been thinking for the past two weeks!

New New York

Quiet Storm

actually read my initial post, I said I would trade Danillo before trading Wilson, but teams are probable leary of Danillo's back meaning they will not touch him.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Portland turned down trading for Lee because they didn't want to part with Fernandez... So I don't think they would trade him for Chandler

They viewed Lee as a backup player, Wilson would be a starter for them. Again throw Hill in the deal and that should even it out.

Miller/Blake
Roy/Bayless
Wilson/ Outlaw/Batum
Aldridge/Hill
Oden/Pryzbilla

Remember Outlaw is a FA and could bolt after this season so all of sudden they could have a void to fill at the SF. Make this trade let this team gel and they are in the Western Finals in 3 seasons.

well Chandler took ray allen completely out of the game last night.
He gets to the basket at will.
ANd he is on a team with like seven other scorers.
I dont know what you expect of him
plus as we saw in the celtics game
he has pretty much push hughes well behind him on the depth chart
I would not be so quick to trade the guy.

........45--37........

New New York

Quiet Storm
well Chandler took ray allen completely out of the game last night.
He gets to the basket at will.
ANd he is on a team with like seven other scorers.
I dont know what you expect of him
plus as we saw in the celtics game
he has pretty much push hughes well behind him on the depth chart
I would not be so quick to trade the guy.

........45--37........

Not knocking Wilson at all, in fact he is my favorite current Knick. But he is not a SG. He is not a good 1 on 1 player and being that we have no low post threat we need a player who can create their own shot.

I suggest Wilson because he does have some trade value (probably the most on the team) and we have damn near the same player in Gallo.

Playing Wilson at the SG is just like having Q-Rich playing SG -albiet with better shooting PCT-.

Think about Q-Rich's best seasons, they were with a pre injured Amare and during Curry's "breakout season". Spot up shooters need low post players to draw defenders off of them.

And I have seen no example of Wilson being able to get to the basket at will in a half court set, on the break sure, but not in the half court