Emergency Game Thread - Game 3, Heat At Knicks

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Its not his fault that JR smith can't shoot the ball to save his life.

Which is wierd because I thought thats the only reason we are paying him so much money...to score the basketball!

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Woody relies on JR and Melo too much.
When those two have bad games, Knicks lose. Woody needs to make adjustments during the game, which he doesn't seem to do.

Jinki?s

Rookie
Fields missed too many open shots. Melo wasn't as good as usually is. Besides JR, no one got buckets. Defense was solid, but come on...

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo is not the blame for the loss tonight. Miami gave him no light what so ever and never game him the chance to get in his sweet spots. Melo is really the only offensive opt for NY. Jr is too inconsistent.

Melo & Woodson is the blame for tonight loss....when Lebron caught his 4th foul it was time for us to take a double-diget lead, by adding strength to our defense by adding Jefferies to clog-up Wade & Miller, plus change our scorin option to Tyson & Novak by Melo & Davis setting them up as a big movin lineup.
JR shouldnt have been on the court once Lebron was gone.

LeFlume

All Star
You can't blame someone for a loss when you're not expected to win in the first place. Remember that the Knicks were huge underdogs in this game. If you gonna put the blame on someone at least you should be expected to win. We lost to a superior team with superior talent. Don't you melo haters see that? :boohoo:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
You can't blame someone for a loss when you're not expected to win in the first place. Remember that the Knicks were huge underdogs in this game. If you gonna put the blame on someone at least you should be expected to win. We lost to a superior team with superior talent. Don't you melo haters see that? :boohoo:

Careful dude, you're making sense.

You may get banned.

elleclouds

Rookie
It wasn't just the number of freethrows but the timing. Game 1 was pure refball. We probably could've won this series if it wasn't for the refs in game 1. They should be investigated! TEAM KNICKS SINCE 88! :)

No..No..No.. not even close

iSaYughh

Starter
I wonder what D'antoni and Walsh are thinking right now?

Shameful to be a Knick fan today. I'm not sure I think the Knicks could cover a spread in a series vs MIA, let alone a legit win. :barf:

ozwizard7

Rookie
Melo & Woodson is the blame for tonight loss....when Lebron caught his 4th foul it was time for us to take a double-diget lead, by adding strength to our defense by adding Jefferies to clog-up Wade & Miller, plus change our scorin option to Tyson & Novak by Melo & Davis setting them up as a big movin lineup.
JR shouldnt have been on the court once Lebron was gone.
I cant understand how people cant see this refeeres.

Did you remember flagrant foul to called Chandler ?
Ok that was in miami home-court

Same happens in NY j.anthony foul hardly with a screen but there wasnt any call on him.

Its a foul.
If you do that miami or lebron it is called FLAGRANT
If miami do that to knicks it isn't foul ...

---

When carmelo wants ball battier or lebron grabs him,pulls him etc and these arent fouls.
When carmelo pushs lebron in front legit it is called foul.

---

Carmelo driving 3 heat players go to him directly with pushes, he fakes and battier etc fell on him but THERE WONT BE ANY CALL.
Lebron drives and if you touch him its a foul.

---

Lebron had a terrible game.
6 turnovers 1/9 shooting and fouls...
Referees are here to help him 10 free throw lets raise you to 15 pts in a terrible half.
Lebron shoots fairly good.
If anyone touch lebron or push him out of the momentum lets call himm fouls,flagrants.

----

Melo is better scorer,better finisher and better offensive player than lebron but they let lebron to shoot 20 free throws in a game and let carmelo to 6,7 free throws in a game.
Of course melo is negative sides too but they're not in the offense.
%20 shooting.
You cant do this hardly,foully defence even in Europe.
If there were a standart i'll say its ok its playoffs but lebron plays like untouchable meanwhile you can do anything to melo in the other side

----

I'm watching NBA since 2000-2001 and i haven't watched any player or team that much PROTECTED !
But i think that protection cant last to finals.
Eventually in Finals tougher team than New York would beat Heat easily.
Without referees help Lebron cant play in clutch.
His mental toughness is very low and his offense is based on referees easy calls.
Oklohama,Lakers i don't know but they can stopped easily in Finals

CA7

Scoring Champ
I cant understand how people cant see this refeeres.

Did you remember flagrant foul to called Chandler ?
Ok that was in miami home-court

Same happens in NY j.anthony foul hardly with a screen but there wasnt any call on him.

Its a foul.
If you do that miami or lebron it is called FLAGRANT
If miami do that to knicks it isn't foul ...

---

When carmelo wants ball battier or lebron grabs him,pulls him etc and these arent fouls.
When carmelo pushs lebron in front legit it is called foul.

---

Carmelo driving 3 heat players go to him directly with pushes, he fakes and battier etc fell on him but THERE WONT BE ANY CALL.
Lebron drives and if you touch him its a foul.

---

Lebron had a terrible game.
6 turnovers 1/9 shooting and fouls...
Referees are here to help him 10 free throw lets raise you to 15 pts in a terrible half.
Lebron shoots fairly good.
If anyone touch lebron or push him out of the momentum lets call himm fouls,flagrants.

----

Melo is better scorer,better finisher and better offensive player than lebron but they let lebron to shoot 20 free throws in a game and let carmelo to 6,7 free throws in a game.
Of course melo is negative sides too but they're not in the offense.
%20 shooting.
You cant do this hardly,foully defence even in Europe.
If there were a standart i'll say its ok its playoffs but lebron plays like untouchable meanwhile you can do anything to melo in the other side

----

I'm watching NBA since 2000-2001 and i haven't watched any player or team that much PROTECTED !
His mental toughness is very low and his offense is based on referees easy calls.

I like the new guy

Alucard77

Rookie

I am willing to bet the NBA will protect the Heat and Lakers all the way to the finals. You know, ratings and all.

At this point, I am not to far from saying that the NBA does indeed fix games.

Do I think the Knicks had a shot? No, I don't. I don't even think if the Refs called the game properly that they would have a shot. However, I still thing that the NBA fixes games. Sorry, these Refs cannot be this bad. And if they are this bad, continue to be this bad year in and year out.

Peter

Benchwarmer
Fields missed too many open shots. Melo wasn't as good as usually is. Besides JR, no one got buckets. Defense was solid, but come on...

He is never a good 3point shooter, lucky he got one in. Miami knows who they never leave him open, that is novak.

Peter

Benchwarmer
real **** if all we're gonna do is blame Melo for the loss then I cant take anyone on this site serious

Coach should be blamed. No movement when melo got his ball, everyone else stand around and wait for the last second to shoot 3 point, but not everyone shoot like novak.

The heat is winning because they are healthy, focused, played together long enough to know their positions and play great defense. We lost because of injuries and the team is still trying to find its identity. trades,signing and coaching changes in one year will do this to any team....and we still made it to the playoffs. I know when we finally settle down with a permanent group of ballers...play Woodson Defense...gel together...we'll go far in the post season.

With all the crap the Knicks went thru this year...we should be thankful that they still are playing. I expect a better year in 2013. Our core just needs time to gel properly, practice and stay focused (like the Heat).

CoolClyde

This Loss Hurts

game 3 loss goes to Wood Son. starting Novak and keeping him in the game
when he cannot do ANYTHING, is a waste of space. horrific coaching move.

Jorts/Girafferies combo was EXCELLENT, yet Jorts does not return for rest of game?
Is this Wood Son holding him accountable for not shooting when he had an open shot? ridiculous!
Giraffe came back for scant moments, but I think he's still hurting. I was waiting for Jorts return
the entire game! WTF?!

iso Melo. when he's on, Knicks have a chance at winning, when he's off, Knicks have no chance
at all, especially against a powerhouse team. poor strategy.

Wood Son is in love with Junior Swish and Melo, but the lack of ball movement, coupled with
turnovers and bricks by Carmelicious led to the Knicks downfall this game, and probably the season.
if both players are not hot, Knicks lose.

See how every other winning team passes the ball around the horn, ball movement, player movement,
getting open threes, pick and rolls, backdoor plays... Knicks have next to nothing like this, instead
concentrating on iso's for Melo and letting him run the point. lamelo indeed.

LeBone was not on, yet he managed to overcome his deficiencies and chants of "a$$hole" to forge a blowout.
he is worth his weight in gold, and it is INSANE that he makes the same amount of money as STAT,
the self-inflicted.

unfortunately, I think Wood Son has put the nails in his own coffin with this loss, I don't think D'oh-lan
will have him back, especially if Phil Jackson is available. Phil will bring with him an offensive AND
defensive game plan...

all this being said, not having Jeremy Lin playing makes a world of difference.
Baron von Diddy stlll can't play major minutes, and Mike von Bibby sucks, but Wood Son still loves him.
true PG's rule the NBA. game over.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
Coach should be blamed. No movement when melo got his ball, everyone else stand around and wait for the last second to shoot 3 point, but not everyone shoot like novak.

it wasn't just melo. when JR had the ball everybody stood around and watched.:barf:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Its not his fault that JR smith can't shoot the ball to save his life.

Which is wierd because I thought thats the only reason we are paying him so much money...to score the basketball!

he actually said yesterday his main duty is to pass, not shoot :smokin:

Benchwarmer
I wonder what D'antoni and Walsh are thinking right now?

Shameful to be a Knick fan today. I'm not sure I think the Knicks could cover a spread in a series vs MIA, let alone a legit win. :barf:

Are you serious??!! First of all, who cares what D'Antoni thinks right now? He's no longer the coach!! He quit, remember?

After all the good that the Knicks did this season, are you REALLY shameful? Perhaps you should stop being a fan then.

Have you looked at the Heat's stats lately?
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/Mia/seasontype/2/miami-heat