Can Bargnani be moved?

Paul1355

All Star
I tweeted Brian Getzlinger who is a frequent guest on TKB radio led by Knicks reporter, Tommy Dee. Brian G told me this after i asked if we could realistically trade Bargnani after July 10...

@hoopscritic: @PRussomanno just checked. It is 60 days but only if he player's salary is aggregated with another player's. can be traded alone anytime

So for all of you who think the Bargnani deal is a bridge to a bigger deal, well it is possible. We will see.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
it says he can be traded alone anytime, doubt seeing anyone of value comming back forth 10 million

have to wait 60 days for some big tickets

Wargames

Starter
i still say the knicks should keep him until 2015. The knicks wont get anything decent for him look what the raptors took basically a late first and 2 bad contracts. If the knicks are smart.... and they will hold him and in 2015 use his contract alongside, amare's and Tyson's to go after younger FA's with offer for Max Salaries.

Even if the knicks strike out on their first choices it will fu*k up a whole bunch of other team's cap situations by forcing them to pay max money on one player. The second choices aren't bad either. Plus the knicks would have shumps bird rights and can sign him to something fair as well.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Why move him? Just think what if his play was a vince Carter move? And lack of motivation, we can get a major upgrade if he can still bring it. People thought vince was done because he was averaging the teens those last few months in Toronto. Traded to a nets team that weren't in the playoffs at the time of the trade and carries them to the playoffs then the next year he led the playoffs in scoring.... People get tired of Toronto and a whole lot of people here will be eating their crow if this pans out

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
The last 2 seasons Toronto been trying to move Bargani, but couldnt bc Bargani performance is only worth $3M to $4M per.
Our Knicks organization is still the gullible-fool to take on over-paid players contracts that are twice the salary of the players worth.
Being we are New York BIG-APPLE the capital of tourist where a 23 win season Knicks team could sell-out 30 games out of 41 games in MSG, making a decent profit each win or lose season by keeping our cap above $75M per gives the Knicks owner a team worth $400M to $500M in ASSETS .. having a half a billion asset in just one of the many organization u own puts u where in our society???

skisloper

Starter
The last 2 seasons Toronto been trying to move Bargani, but couldnt bc Bargani performance is only worth $3M to $4M per.
Our Knicks organization is still the gullible-fool to take on over-paid players contracts that are twice the salary of the players worth.
Being we are New York BIG-APPLE the capital of tourist where a 23 win season Knicks team could sell-out 30 games out of 41 games in MSG, making a decent profit each win or lose season by keeping our cap above $75M per gives the Knicks owner a team worth $400M to $500M in ASSETS .. having a half a billion asset in just one of the many organization u own puts u where in our society???

Woodson is our coach and Melo is our guy. Once u accept that the trade makes sense. Camby was not going to play and Novak on this team is worthless. Now u take bargani who can do what Novak does and we save close to 5 million for the fa class of 2015. The mistake was signing Camby and Novak when both would not be an asset to our team. Now we admitted the mistake and have made a trade for a guy that does what Novak does nd a little more.

Paul1355

All Star
I have yet to see someone on the Knicks in the Woodson era that lacks the drive to be better at their game. Even the injury prone Amare has been working his hardest to get back in shape. Now you could say its his work ethic and this is true, but I don't think Woodson would play Bargnani if he won't bring 100%.

Paul1355

All Star
Why move him? Just think what if his play was a vince Carter move? And lack of motivation, we can get a major upgrade if he can still bring it. People thought vince was done because he was averaging the teens those last few months in Toronto. Traded to a nets team that weren't in the playoffs at the time of the trade and carries them to the playoffs then the next year he led the playoffs in scoring.... People get tired of Toronto and a whole lot of people here will be eating their crow if this pans out

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Even if bargnani does well it will be hard for someone to say he is worth 11 mil per year.

He would have to post up 20 ppg.

skisloper

Starter
Yeah Yeah .... how long I been bashing and complaining bout that? LOL
Same episode as headcoach Karl and ISO-Melo .... big roster change each season

I have decided to embrace it as nothing is changing for the next 5 years except maybe Woodson.

petescud

Starter
I know i too have been a culprit of getting rid of Bargniani, but what if he still has game.....he had a great offensive game at one time

New New York

Quiet Storm
I know i too have been a culprit of getting rid of Bargniani, but what if he still has game.....he had a great offensive game at one time

I am starting to feel the same...I guess it was just the zeal at which we went after him...all those picks just did not seem to make sense, that said maybe Grunny believes there is something still there, if he returns to form then what he does for this offense is crazy...still I hate 7ft players -regardless of what they do on offense- who can't rebound...the same way I hate 7ft players who blow layups! There are things that you should be able to do just off size alone and when you can't it says something about your heart!

Like you said there was a lot there at one time...in 2010 he would have been a dream to have had in Dantoni' offense.

But like Stat he has not done Jack since then...but also like Amare he only has 2 more years like 90% of our team so lets just role with it and maybe we are surprised if not...well he's off the books and did not hurt our cap situation...just our picks and those to me are very very precious.

petescud

Starter
Yeah but our picks were crappy ones anyways. Our first rounder was orignally OKC's pick if i'm right. So thats like a 25-28th pick imo. And the 2nd round picks usually don't pan out in the NBA