Chandler is out 4-6 weeks

clumsy

Rotation player
This is one of the deepest and best drafts in years. I personally would find a way to tank this season. Personally if we can get Joel Embiid, who looks to be at worst Dikembe Mutombo, i think i'll call this season a success.

LeFlume

All Star
I think we should give Jared Jeffries a call. Seriously, The dude is retired and available today. He is cheap and he knows our playbook, he's a hell of a defender and doesn't take any shots away from anybody. I'd say he is perfect solution for 8-10 week period.

skisloper

Starter
This is one of the deepest and best drafts in years. I personally would find a way to tank this season. Personally if we can get Joel Embiid, who looks to be at worst Dikembe Mutombo, i think i'll call this season a success.

we dont have a pick!!!! Just make STAT our center and let him play until his knees go out.

metrocard

Legend

This is excellent.

I think every Knick fan should pay attention to NCAA this season.

I'd hate to throw this season away but 4-6 weeks is a long time, because after those 6 weeks Chandler won't go into games beasting right away, it'll take him 2-3 weeks to get used the groove. So make that 6-9 weeks till we see Chandler at 100%

Without no center, expect us to look inferior to teams like the Bobcats and Jazz.

Also...Chandler is our only true big man on the roster besides Aldrich.

Amare plays like a homeless man, Bargnani is a 7 foot guy who plays like Steve Novak without the 3pt accuracy and Martin is really about to retire because he can't stay healthy.

We may very well see Ron Artest at center one of these days.

This is pretty awful to be a Knicks fan right now.

The Melo Plan has blown up in our faces.

tiger0330

Legend
Well I said in another thread that I thought we would be mediocre to start the season and I just hoped it wouldn't be below .500 mediocre. Chandler being out 4-6 weeks pretty much guarantees we'll be under .500 in December. At least he doesn't need surgery.

Too early to blow up the team but Woody needs to make changes, drop Bargs as a starter and esp don't play him at C with Chandler out. He plays like he is 6 ft and not 7 ft, so why play him at center.

Forget playing Timmy in crunch time, he's a rookie and not ready. Forget this alternate KMart, Amare line up. Bring in Ike or Powell and deactivate Amare until he shows something in practice or send him to Erie to tune up his game.

petescud

Starter
Without a true center on our team, we are toast...Amar'e if he plays center will be out for the year in a few months...i think TC doesn't come back for 2 months

metrocard

Legend
Season was over before it began.
I told you guys Chandler is injury prone and not having a reliable back up center would haunt us all season. 4-6 weeks means the rest of the season in Knicks land. But the season is pretty much over. An injured Tyson is a really REALLY bad player like we've seen. He needs his athleticism to be effective and he's bound to decline with this injury.

LeFlume

All Star
You said it best Metro. This sums it all up..

:beer:

tumblr_mvtiwk8o4C1rm63dwo1_400.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Guys read the article, he doesn't need surgery and the x-rays yesterday didn't show anything and it took an MRI to see the small fracture. I think it's realistic that he's back in a month. Even with Chandler the team was struggling, without him we become a punching bag.

metrocard

Legend
Guys read the article, he doesn't need surgery and the x-rays yesterday didn't show anything and it took an MRI to see the small fracture. I think it's realistic that he's back in a month. Even with Chandler the team was struggling, without him we become a punching bag.

I think having a hurt Chandler on the floor is almost as bad as having no Chandler on the floor. We're always in these lose-lose situations.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
This injury proves what we've all seen coming for months. I see no other team carrying as few big men as we do! If we had a few strong, athletic power forwards we could somewhat cover this injury. Instead we have Amare and Bargs. We don't even have anyone to set screens for Ray now!!!! K-Mart, Shump, and Metta are the only guys on this roster willing to scrap. Mello shows up in the fourth with all out hustle, but by this point, we aren't strong enough in the paint to stop anyone from scoring. Trading contested two's for layups is a tough recipe for fourth quarter success.

All the blame is on Dolan. It's a shame that anyone coming to try and run this organization has to deal with him. Donnie Walsh would have brought guys in to fill in the roles we needed. I look at every team and see at least 2 big guys that can rebound, screen, and box out. Hell looking at last nights game, I'd take bums like Josh McRoberts and Biyombo over Amare and Bargs. I actually like Bargs on the team with different big men, but Amare's presence makes our PF/C positions devastatingly horrendous. Even with Mello and JR SWISH, we'll have a tough time making the playoffs now.

LeFlume

All Star
Have you ever seen a player return earlier from an injury? I'm sure Chandlers absence will be longer than initially expected, much longer. :boohoo:

mafra

Legend
Have you ever seen a player return earlier from an injury? I'm sure Chandlers absence will be longer than initially expected, much longer. :boohoo:
Breaking bones always better than tearing ligaments or ripping muscle. Not like we need to worry about his jumper being rusty. Time to trade Amar'e, Felton and Shumpert for Grev Vazquez and D-Cousins!

tiger0330

Legend
I'm hopeful for one reason. When TC went back to the locker room for his x-ray, it came back inconclusive meaning the fracture was so small it couldn't be seen without an MRI. They said no surgery is required so I think TC is back in a month.

metrocard

Legend
we won games last season with a 3 at the 4, so therefore we can just avoid defense and rebounding entirely....small ball, the biggest gimmick in basketball.