WTF are some of these "guests" doing?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Crazy⑧s;253267 said:
We know you'll get it done, Rady. All in good time. The preview you gave me grows on me every time I look at it, and it'll look all the better in O&B.

Plenty of cool features on there as well.
What preview and why I haven't gotten it yet? :smokin:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Because having a good front page will attract more members into the community and help it to grow. It is something worth caring about.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible without really having enough knowledge about web design but I do know wordpress especially is ridiculously easy to do (not sure how easy it is to make it run in conjunction with the already existing forums though).

Mainly I think the front page should just be very clean and crisp and defined. Once the front end is there, getting regular content up will be great and people will be inspired to create even better stuff for such a pimp looking site, which in turn will reach greater and greater audiences.

We all know knicksonline.com is without doubt the best Knicks website on the whole internet which is pretty damn spectacular given that it's basically just a forum. Add on some gloss around it and you could have something real special.

Honestly the main page doesn't bother me a bit. i spend no time on it as I get straight to the goods: our forum. In fact I kind of like it so I know I am in the right spot. Some sites/apps are updated every other day you have to relearn the dang things. And I know the idea is to have a bunch of new members, but that always causes choas. I would rather have less members that dig and participate than more who join just to scan the front page for xyz. I come here to hear the opinions of the old school posters....

carlito1171

Rookie
I've joined even though I have lurked for quite sometime....I'll try to be more active and post in the threads...nice to have a place to talk about the greatness be witnessed in the Orange and Blue this season so far....

smokes

Huge Member
I believe changing the news and headlines to reflect current blogs/articles is
a major improvement towards updating: out with the old, in with the new.

I hope you don't do change the site too much just to appease the few.
I've grown accustomed to it the way it is, and like it just fine. IMHO.

Yeah keeping things up to date really is the main thing. Having an up to date look and feel to the site would be better imo but that's just cosmetic.

The point being when someone visits the site for the first time and sees articles, box scores and news that are two years out of date, a lot of people will immediately just click off and go elsewhere because it doesn't look like an active website. That seems to have been the case for quite a while on the front page.

CA7

Scoring Champ
KO isn't for the weak hearted you gotta bring substance and knowledge to fit in and not just post a bunch of stats like realgm for example

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
While there is always room for improvement, KO is definitely the best NYK fan forum online IMO and Im happy to be a member myself.

Sent from my LG-P999

QBoro

Rookie
I've been lurking for two years and have read all the criticism, rumors, fits of rage and meltdowns when we was the team in the league that other teams Stepped On and then over. So I signed up recently just to see links and images. Granted I don't look at any other pages in this forum since I'm not seeking peas and carrots but THAT MEAT!. I seep out so much Orange and Blue that I am The Blue Man Group lost member cause of the Orange. as far as a new user perspective the glitz wouldn't matter to me just keeping the forum post simple is good enough.

(*resources used: Lin = Glitz, carrot, peas and a overblown "knick fan base")
(Meat: insightful criticism)

2012 Veteran Knicks = 1993 Hard Nosed Knicks

CoolClyde

I've been lurking for two years and have read all the criticism, rumors, fits of rage and meltdowns when we was the team in the league that other teams Stepped On and then over. So I signed up recently just to see links and images. Granted I don't look at any other pages in this forum since I'm not seeking peas and carrots but THAT MEAT!. I seep out so much Orange and Blue that I am The Blue Man Group lost member cause of the Orange. as far as a new user perspective the glitz wouldn't matter to me just keeping the forum post simple is good enough.

(*resources used: Lin = Glitz, carrot, peas and a overblown "knick fan base")
(Meat: insightful criticism)

2012 Veteran Knicks = 1993 Hard Nosed Knicks

one of the best first posts i've ever read. rep!