Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Stat? Are you serious? Once a great player became a great turnover machine. Every time he enters the game, we fall behind if we are not behind already.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
I love how Knick fans have stuck around the Garden after all these years, but damn are some stupid. Imagine you're Amare: you have 10 years of experience in the NBA, during which you dominated when healthy. Okay now you have a knee injury. I'm going to come back and get back to vintage Amare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5nobRIhRw

Amare really looked awesome last year when he played, there is no denying that. But it's easy for some to forget how much he sucked when he initially came back, as he struggled to settle into a rhythm. He looked just as hopeless/clueless on the court as he did Tuesday night.

You can absolutely opine that he's done, but I think that is an impatient/naive/irresponsible thing to say. At the very least, he should get time to settle into game shape and get into a rhythm, because he's obviously not at that point.

IMO, the Knicks are best served to lift these restrictions, and let the guy play. It will be painful at first, but I find it hard to believe that Amare Stoudemire has become a worse basketball player than me because of a knee surgery.

Okay, I'll understand if you all don't agree with my logic, but he's had maybe 30 minutes of action this year including the preseason. I'm just trying to get people from giving up on this guy, because I simply don't think he's done, I think he can give us what he gave last year, and also because the Knicks are paying him 20 million+. If that cost is sunk already, then this team is ****ed.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I love how Knick fans have stuck around the Garden after all these years, but damn are some stupid. Imagine you're Amare: you have 10 years of experience in the NBA, during which you dominated when healthy. Okay now you have a knee injury. I'm going to come back and get back to vintage Amare:

Amare really looked awesome last year when he played, there is no denying that. But it's easy for some to forget how much he sucked when he initially came back, as he struggled to settle into a rhythm. He looked just as hopeless/clueless on the court as he did Tuesday night.

You can absolutely opine that he's done, but I think that is an impatient/naive/irresponsible thing to say. At the very least, he should get time to settle into game shape and get into a rhythm, because he's obviously not at that point.

IMO, the Knicks are best served to lift these restrictions, and let the guy play. It will be painful at first, but I find it hard to believe that Amare Stoudemire has become a worse basketball player than me because of a knee surgery.

Okay, I'll understand if you all don't agree with my logic, but he's had maybe 30 minutes of action this year including the preseason. I'm just trying to get people from giving up on this guy, because I simply don't think he's done, I think he can give us what he gave last year, and also because the Knicks are paying him 20 million+. If that cost is sunk already, then this team is ****ed.

This is a dumbest post i have seen in a long time.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Excuse me? knickerbocker12 unlike many other posters thinks about a little bigger picture than here and now. And well, he's right about Amare in many ways. Let's be honest, Amare did struggle badly right after he got back and he was able to get his rythm back and put in quality minutes despite his very limited PT. Both media and fans started calling for him to regain his starting spot for a reason. And that reason was Amare played *phenomenal*, at least on the offensive end. His first 5-6 games were bad to average, but then he started putting some crazy numbers like 21 pts and 6 boards on a 1.000 FG% in 20 min. We need to think positive, it's early November, we're four games into the season, let the team figure it all out. Amare will be fine and so will be the Knicks, just give them some more time than four ****ing games.

Kiyaman

Legend

Amare is water annd ISO-Melo is oil .... they dont mix

skisloper

Starter
Amare is water annd ISO-Melo is oil .... they dont mix

Amare sucks so far but playing in 5 minute spurts will not help. He is trying and pressing so hard. This is moronic of the Knicks to limit him. Limit for what so he lasts an entire season. He won't.

We need a center for 6 weeks. Try amare and let him play 25 minutes. If his knees go he will retire and if he sucks then its over. I vote one last chance since Tyson is out.

Prig
jr
melo
metta
amare

then
shump
bargiani
felton
martin
hardaway

Kiyaman

Legend
We need a few draft picks for this year and next year .. Garage Sell starts on ThanxGivin ..
Our 2013-14 season are a reminder of our 2011-12 season ..
JRsmith may have a few wins up his sleeve, but trading him for ???, with a 2014 2nd round draft pick would be a golden-move for us.
To bad our Knicks organization hasnt been draft & coach KEEPERS since Willis Reed & Holzman.

metrocard

Legend

Well, lets hope for Amare to have a miracle comeback and give us something. I prefer defense over offense and that's not something Amare is known for.

metrocard

Legend
We need a few draft picks for this year and next year .. Garage Sell starts on ThanxGivin ..
Our 2013-14 season are a reminder of our 2011-12 season ..
JRsmith may have a few wins up his sleeve, but trading him for ???, with a 2014 2nd round draft pick would be a golden-move for us.
To bad our Knicks organization hasnt been draft & coach KEEPERS since Willis Reed & Holzman.

Knicks inability to keep their draft picks and have a loyal front office is what kept them out of a championship for almost half a century.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well, lets hope for Amare to have a miracle comeback and give us something. I prefer defense over offense and that's not something Amare is known for.
Even so, he at least blocked a lot of shots in his first season with the Knicks. Even if he won't be good on defense, he might bring some energy with blocks.

I'm on board with him starting at center again, or at least getting a lot more minutes. I don't get this alternating games thing. It's like trying to be a bodybuilder by alternating days of heavy lifting and doing push-ups and sit-ups.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
why don't you explain why you think that's the dumbest post instead of being an ass.

Here we go. I called your post dumb in response to you calling some of knick fans stupid.
Lesson number1: Show some respect if you want to be respected.

Lesson number 2: Go and read countless posts written by smart posters , who care about this team, about Amares inability to defend, rebound and post up. His inability to coexist with key players like Melo and Tyson. You whould have to remove those two in order for Stat to be effective on the offensive end. Even when he was 100% healthy, he could not do those things, necessury to win.
Offense? Its non existent now. 8 out of 10 times he simply turnes the ball over or his shots get blocked easily by average players.
You dont need to defend Amare. He is making $100 million for doing nothing. I would love to be in his position.
If you put him in the starting five, like some posters suggested, you are going to pay. By losing more games that is. There is no time to experiment in a very tough conference. Send him to the D-League for a month or two, see if he can improve, then bring him back.

KBlack25

Starter
For the record, if we took Amare off the books tomorrow, we'd free a grand total of $5 mil in cap room.

Criticizing the Amare deal is fine, but the reality is the Knicks are in this situation with or without him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here we go. I called your post dumb in response to you calling some of knick fans stupid.
Lesson number1: Show some respect if you want to be respected.

Lesson number 2: Go and read countless posts written by smart posters , who care about this team, about Amares inability to defend, rebound and post up. His inability to coexist with key players like Melo and Tyson. You whould have to remove those two in order for Stat to be effective on the offensive end. Even when he was 100% healthy, he could not do those things, necessury to win.
Offense? Its non existent now. 8 out of 10 times he simply turnes the ball over or his shots get blocked easily by average players.
You dont need to defend Amare. He is making $100 million for doing nothing. I would love to be in his position.
If you put him in the starting five, like some posters suggested, you are going to pay. By losing more games that is. There is no time to experiment in a very tough conference. Send him to the D-League for a month or two, see if he can improve, then bring him back.

Good point towards the poster ....
butt dont get it twisted about Amare co-existing with Melo, Tyson has nothing to do with that.
Tyson coexisted with Jared Jefferies & LinSanity better than he meshed with any Knicks teammates.
Amare spent 6 years on one of the NBA top-3 same-page teams .. while Melo & Kenyon Martin refuse to co-exist for 6 seasons.
Did Melo & Iverson co-exist? NO!
Did Melo & Ty Lawson co-exist? NO!
Did Melo & Billups co-exist? HELL NO! thats why Melo wanted out of Denver.
Do Melo & Felton co-exist? No No No
Kenyon Martin sat on the IRL on Denver's bench with a max contract, untill the day PG-Billups leadership arrive as a Nuggets teammate.

Lastseason, u nor I seen PG-Felton or PG-Kidd in a lineup with Amare on the court.
What we did see was rookie PG-Prigioni, JRsmith, and Melo, in the lineup when Woody gave Amare playingtime.
Everytime Amare got playingtime u would see Melo or JR leading the point to a "one on one" halfcourt-set offense.
Have u ever seen PG-Nash run a "one on one" halfcourt-set offense? not untill Kobe became his teammate LOL

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hey Kiyaman, thanks for the comment about my response to that poster.
Now, i am not twisting anything. If you watch tapes when Stat and Tyson are on the floor at the same time, they bump into each other on the offensive end and on the defensive end as well. They both need some space to operate effectively which is not possible when they play together.

Kiyaman

Legend
For the record, if we took Amare off the books tomorrow, we'd free a grand total of $5 mil in cap room.

Criticizing the Amare deal is fine, but the reality is the Knicks are in this situation with or without him.

Well put ....
The important question are will Woodson keep running an "isolation" one on one play on every offensive-possession for Melo's 40 plus minute games, and JRsmith 30 minute games???
This question is important because it dont look like Melo & JR 2013-14 teammates are putting much effort to win running this isolation-system .. they all might follow Amare .. Tyson out for 4 to 8 weeks...

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey Kiyaman, thanks for the comment about my response to that poster.
Now, i am not twisting anything. If you watch tapes when Stat and Tyson are on the floor at the same time, they bump into each other on the offensive end and on the defensive end as well. They both need some space to operate effectively which is not possible when they play together.

What u left out is Melo or JR, or both are in that lineup too, playing the PG.

Why Woodson has not made a bench-unit with Amare is the question???

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I would try Stat at center, KMart at PF, Prig at point, Shump(who doesnt belong to starting line up anyway), JR as a bench unit and see what they can do. I doubt Woody will do it though. He prefers to alternate Stat and KMart which is a joke IMO.

skisloper

Starter
I would try Stat at center, KMart at PF, Prig at point, Shump(who doesnt belong to starting line up anyway), JR as a bench unit and see what they can do. I doubt Woody will do it though. He prefers to alternate Stat and KMart which is a joke IMO.

Trade Melo for Gasol/Hill and some 2nd rounders.....
we keep Hill , Gasol expires hes gone and we have 2 draft Picks....

Lakers would want Melo with Kobe.

skisloper

Starter
Trade Melo for Gasol/Hill and some 2nd rounders.....
we keep Hill , Gasol expires hes gone and we have 2 draft Picks....

Lakers would want Melo with Kobe.

I know this is the least we should get for Melo as we end up with nothing...

anyone with a realistic trade that another team would take Melo and we get something in return to build on....

Just think we can do better with Melo's max contract then giving it to melo when he will be out of his prime.