MIKE D plays DEFENSIVE Players so STOPPP THE NONSENSE.

Lets also try to remember, this is the beginning of our turn around. We can't get everything over night. Lets get Melo, that should be our next biggest goal. If we secure that imp piece, then we get the smaller, but some what equally imp pieces.

Or, maybe Moz surprises us, and starts to contribute. Theres still time for that. Maybe Earl barron. But we are still infants on the rise. Of course we'll have needs.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ron. We average 107-108 pts a game. Far from 120. We give up 105-106 a game. The point differential is below two. Us giving up 101-102 a game would mean we're putting some sort of concentration on the defensive end. Right now the teams primary focus is to outscore opponents only...

Oh.. my bad.

I slacked a little and didn't go look up the exact numbers. I'm tryin to watch the Jets so you'll have to excuse me..

The point is tho that our team is obviously putting in some work defensively or else we'd have a worse deferential, ie -- even, or us giving up more than we score on average.

There's really nothing to argue on this issue.

Lets also try to remember, this is the beginning of our turn around. We can't get everything over night. Lets get Melo, that should be our next biggest goal. If we secure that imp piece, then we get the smaller, but some what equally imp pieces.

Or, maybe Moz surprises us, and starts to contribute. Theres still time for that. Maybe Earl barron. But we are still infants on the rise. Of course we'll have needs.

OK maybe I'm expecting a bit too much too soon, but I just want some obvious things corrected. I think if we do we'll be much better off in the playoffs this year and next...

Oh.. my bad.

I slacked a little and didn't go look up the exact numbers. I'm tryin to watch the Jets so you'll have to excuse me..

The point is tho that our team is obviously putting in some work defensively or else we'd have a worse deferential, ie -- even, or us giving up more than we score on average.

There's really nothing to argue on this issue.

Big win for the Jets. I think they'll win it all now...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Point differential is all that matters most. I keep saying it in game threads when same ppl complain even after wins.

What we happen to score or what our opponent happens to score is arbitrary.

I wonder if it would get the same reaction if we had an extra-ordinary defensive system, and won games 85-80 much of the time, with a league-worst type of offense.

I don't think it would beget as much misunderstanding and conflict. Mainly bc there's an emotional nostalgia and ingrained sentiment in sports that defense is the always unsung hero and true seasoned sports fans know this.

I Concur, People have to realize that i this system all Stats are inflated. This system made Duhon and David Lee look like Malone and Stockton. I would just like to add this, I don't think our "defense" is horrible but rather it is our 22nd ranking in rebounding that must be addressed. Felton, Fields, Chandler Turiaf, Douglas, even Stat and Gallo have all shown they can play reasonable on the ball defense. While our post defense could improve, its our lack of rebounding that is hurting us the most. While AR and Mozgov could conceivably help us out on the boards they are just way to inexperienced and underdeveloped to see any meaningful minutes. While I am not the biggest fan of Gallo or Bill Walker, Shawne Williams. These guys at least are consistent enough in their roles that I wuld rather bite the bullet and play them over AR and Mozgov.

This is not D'Antoni's fault, he is just sticking to his teams strengths and has accepted that right now we are not going to be able to bang with the Lakers and Celtics with this team right now. I trust in Walsh to address this problem as his job is not just to please D'Antoni or sell tickets but to bring in the proper personal to win a championship.

I Concur, People have to realize that i this system all Stats are inflated. This system made Duhon and David Lee look like Malone and Stockton. I would just like to add this, I don't think our "defense" is horrible but rather it is our 22nd ranking in rebounding that must be addressed. Felton, Fields, Chandler Turiaf, Douglas, even Stat and Gallo have all shown they can play reasonable on the ball defense. While our post defense could improve, its our lack of rebounding that is hurting us the most. While AR and Mozgov could conceivably help us out on the boards they are just way to inexperienced and underdeveloped to see any meaningful minutes. While I am not the biggest fan of Gallo or Bill Walker, Shawne Williams. These guys at least are consistent enough in their roles that I wuld rather bite the bullet and play them over AR and Mozgov.

This is not D'Antoni's fault, he is just sticking to his teams strengths and has accepted that right now we are not going to be able to bang with the Lakers and Celtics with this team right now. I trust in Walsh to address this problem as his job is not just to please D'Antoni or sell tickets but to bring in the proper personal to win a championship.

How is AR underdeveloped for a 19-20 year old when he's had success in this league? This is what I dont understand. Sure he needs to work on his 15 footer, but he can give us rebounding and blocked shots. He's done it before...

moneyg

Starter
How is AR underdeveloped for a 19-20 year old when he's had success in this league? This is what I dont understand. Sure he needs to work on his 15 footer, but he can give us rebounding and blocked shots. He's done it before...

your right.... AR is developed... he just dust fit in O'antonis offense...

and AR is best suited as a 3...maybe not in our system... but in most systems..... ands there is a log jam there...

so we never really seen him play PF on in O'antonis system...

give me a break...thats not his game....he just doesnt fit guys....

unless... our coach changes.. his schemes

your right.... AR is developed... he just dust fit in O'antonis offense...

and AR is best suited as a 3...maybe not in our system... but in most systems..... ands there is a log jam there...

so we never really seen him play PF on in O'antonis system...

give me a break...thats not his game....he just doesnt fit guys....

unless... our coach changes.. his schemes
AR = Trash

Another Gerald Green type player , He'll be out the league soon unless Minny resurects his career

moneyg

Starter
AR = Trash

Another Gerald Green type player , He'll be out the league soon unless Minny resurects his career

AR is no needed on this team but is better than what we have seen as a knick.. with minutes he can produce but he does make mistakes in the process ...thats his problem..

he is always goin 100 MPH.. doesnt undrstand pace..he does have skills though...its also a mental thing with him now

AR is no needed on this team but is better than what we have seen as a knick.. with minutes he can produce but he does make mistakes in the process ...thats his problem..

he is always goin 100 MPH.. doesnt undrstand pace..he does have skills though...its also a mental thing with him now

He doesn't have skills he is overrated David Lee was a fan favorite so Donnie didn't want to look like he gave him away just for Cap space and Turiaf, so they hyped AR in that deal. After watching the Pre season you could tell AR skills weren't what they thought. This is his 3rd year in the league and it will probably take another 2-3 years before we see considerable growth. We don't have that time because STAT is in his prime and we need to try to compete now.

moneyg

Starter
He doesn't have skills he is overrated David Lee was a fan favorite so Donnie didn't want to look like he gave him away just for Cap space and Turiaf, so they hyped AR in that deal. After watching the Pre season you could tell AR skills weren't what they thought. This is his 3rd year in the league and it will probably take another 2-3 years before we see considerable growth. We don't have that time because STAT is in his prime and we need to try to compete now.

he does have skills.. he showed it in GS.. with limited minutes...aight..then he got injured...

now it seems like he lost his confidence.. we just dont have thr patient for him.. but to say he lacks skills..is inaccurate