Who's dunk was better vs. Miami?

Who's dunk was better vs. Miami?

• Total voters

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

This one is obviously the best dunk in terms of the situation.

My favorite one is Sprewell's. That's also my favorite Sprewell dunk.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Spree.....that was the game Houston hit the game winner but what folks forget is that Spree had 20 in the first half to keep us in it and that dunk was a huge momentum shifter because Mia. had built a sizable lead in the first half and that capped off a run to get us back in it!

Just a lil history lesson

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Spree.....that was the game Houston hit the game winner but what folks forget is that Spree had 20 in the first half to keep us in it and that dunk was a huge momentum shifter because Mia. had built a sizable lead in the first half and that capped off a run to get us back in it!

Haven't seen that game aside from clips since it was live. I have it on my Knicks Dynasty DVD I'm still gonna watch. Appreciate the lesson!

smokes

Huge Member
I remember the box scores etcfrom those games. Highest scorers around the 20 point mark. 80-70 final scores and stuff. Those were the days. I can understand why they want to have this fast paced game because it's obviously a lot more popular with the non-die hard fans, but anyone that watched basketball back in the 90's knows thats the way the game should be played!

la2ny

Starter
I remember the box scores etcfrom those games. Highest scorers around the 20 point mark. 80-70 final scores and stuff. Those were the days. I can understand why they want to have this fast paced game because it's obviously a lot more popular with the non-die hard fans, but anyone that watched basketball back in the 90's knows thats the way the game should be played!

WORD!!!!

Also Ima have to go with the Spree dunk because of the situation even though STAT had a little more flair...Pat on Zo was one of the most memorable Knick "in yo face" jams ever.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer

wrong...that Sprewell dunk is from 2000 semis GAME 5 which we lost 87-81.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I only have games 3 and 7 from that series I recently re-watched game 3 and it was 68-68 after 4 quarters lol. Anthony Carter hit a ridicolous runner to win the game in OT. Good old times...
Classic series. I don't remember much from them other than than a few things from it. Game 7 I'll never forget. Chris Childs was heroic in the fourth quarter. Scored all of the points until Ewing got a put-back dunk.

Sprewell throwing the ball up in the air. Man.

The comeback Knicks really got my heart pumping.

My favourite Spree dunk is the one on Jaren Jackson in the 99 Finals. We looked like a beaten team after those first 2 games in San Antonio. We didn't have anybody to guard Duncan and Robinson with Big Pat out. Then Spree played his heart out in all 3 games in NY and made us proud. We lost, but we didn't get embarrassed by a much much better team, thanks to Spree and grandma Johnson, who played their hearts out and showed some great leadership and desire.