Knicks vs Nets- Season Opener- Pre-Game Discussion Thread

CA7

Scoring Champ
I know 8's is working on a bomb GT for opening night so here's a thread to discuss the opening night match up between the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets

Any tweets from players, videos, columns, blogs, etc... post here

All relevant discussion post here

With that being said...Buck Frooklyn

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
WE need to come out hot in our brooklyn "2nd home" opener...

atleast JR will be back for that game so we should get some much needed scoring help off the bench.

I hope melo is not MIA for most of the night like last night, we need big statement games from him during these first 4 big games. Need to put our foot down and show we are back...

i dont like the idea of starting thomas at the 4 and dont like the idea of melo at the 4 vs BKLYN...hes gonna get worn out by humphs and brook on switches..

I know some of you are probably against this, but i would really like to start copeland at the 4 while amare gets back...(if camby is still a no go) gives us one more shooter, and a good scorer under the basket

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hopefully getting Camby/Smith back for the opener will help us a ton

I would start

Chandler
Anthony
White
Brewer
Felton

We seen Joe Johnson abuse Kidd in the post, so I wont start Kidd and wouldn't even play him at the 2 unless they went with Williams and Watson in the back court.

White and Brewer give us 2 perimeter defenders to start the game off with barring any switches on D one will always be on Johnson which slows him down

Kidd
Smith
Novak
Camby

These 4 would be the main guys off the bench. Kidd will run offense effectively. Smith and Novak will be the offensive punch to compliment Brewer and White. Camby will spell Tyson.

Prigioni
Copeland
Thomas

They will just be the main reserves. Thomas will play to add some more toughness inside, give us some fouls. As good as Prigioni and Copeland were they did it against 3rd stringers most of the time so I'm not sure Woody will play Prigs over Felton/Kidd/Smith and Brewer and White are better defenders than him. Copeland wont play over any of our front court guys

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think we have to start JR or else our starting lineup won't be able to score and Melo will have to try to do too much an probably be double teamed.

I would start

Felton
JR
Brewer
Melo
Chandler

and off the bench

Pablo
Kidd
Novak
Copeland
Camby

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think we have to start JR or else our starting lineup won't be able to score and Melo will have to try to do too much an probably be double teamed.

I would start

Felton
JR
Brewer
Melo
Chandler

and off the bench

Pablo
Kidd
Novak
Copeland
Camby

Cant run NBA teams like that.

Pablo/Kidd/Novak/Copeland would get abused defensively.

I'd go

Felton/Brewer/Anthony/Thomas/Chandler

7 left

Felton/Smith/Brewer/Anthony/Chandler

4 left

Felton/Kidd/Smith/Anthony/Camby

2 left

Kidd/Smith/Novak/Anthony/Camby

Start 2nd

Kidd/Smith/Novak/Thomas/Camby

9 left

Kidd/Smith/Brewer/Thomas/Camby

6 left

Kidd/Smith/Brewer/Anthony/Chandler

4 left

End Half

After watching how things are looking. Whether we need more O or more D. We play it like that. Now barring foul trouble who knows but this is how I would run it for the 1st half definitely

Rob Low

Rotation player
Cant run NBA teams like that.

Pablo/Kidd/Novak/Copeland would get abused defensively.

I'd go

Felton/Brewer/Anthony/Thomas/Chandler

7 left

4 left

Felton/Kidd/Smith/Anthony/Camby

2 left

Kidd/Smith/Novak/Anthony/Camby

Start 2nd

Kidd/Smith/Novak/Thomas/Camby

9 left

Kidd/Smith/Brewer/Thomas/Camby

6 left

Kidd/Smith/Brewer/Anthony/Chandler

4 left

End Half

After watching how things are looking. Whether we need more O or more D. We play it like that. Now barring foul trouble who knows but this is how I would run it for the 1st half definitely

Once we go to the bench, we could do some mixing and matching but I think we should definitely start with that five. They'll be playing against 2nd units so I don't see why they would get abused. Pablo is a solid defender and Kidd is still very good and with Camby protecting the paint I think they'll be fine.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Once we go to the bench, we could do some mixing and matching but I think we should definitely start with that five. They'll be playing against 2nd units so I don't see why they would get abused. Pablo is a solid defender and Kidd is still very good and with Camby protecting the paint I think they'll be fine.

The BK second unit is an unknown at this point and Johnson has already said D-Will or JJ will be in at all times, so we should separate Melo and JR to keep a scorer in at all times since STAT is out

Especially with us playing Miami the next night we can't have Melo logging too much wear and tear its gonna be difficult for us

Rob Low

Rotation player
The BK second unit is an unknown at this point and Johnson has already said D-Will or JJ will be in at all times, so we should separate Melo and JR to keep a scorer in at all times since STAT is out

Especially with us playing Miami the next night we can't have Melo logging too much wear and tear its gonna be difficult for us

Ya I agree that one of them should be in at all times but I think they should start and end the game together, then take turns resting.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ya I agree that one of them should be in at all times but I think they should start and end the game together, then take turns resting.

That could work too

at the 6 minute mark sub out JR put in Kidd/White/Novak whoever then at the start of the 2nd put JR back in and then Melo comes in at 6/7 minutes left and they finish the half.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think I'll keep my opinions in secret for the GT, but I like what you guys have said for sure. If we get enough good posts before the GT goes up, I'll add them to the thread itself.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;250949 said:
I think I'll keep my opinions in secret for the GT, but I like what you guys have said for sure. If we get enough good posts before the GT goes up, I'll add them to the thread itself.

yeah I wasn't sure when you were gonna put up the GT, KO has been kind deserted so hopefully we get everyone here for the opener

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
yeah I wasn't sure when you were gonna put up the GT, KO has been kind deserted so hopefully we get everyone here for the opener

Yeah, I was thinking, if possible, that I'd ask Rady to send out a message to literally every single registered user as a notification that 12-13 is under way at KO. I dunno!? :shrug:

What do you make of that? You're a major contributor, and the thoughts of those like yourself and NYk_Reloaded718 etc are always going to be listened to. Any backing I can get for the idea will be greatly appreciated as well.

I'm down for a stellar year at KO now that we have major contributors, as well as an influx of European posters (I say influx, I mean like 5 :lol:)

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;250951 said:
Yeah, I was thinking, if possible, that I'd ask Rady to send out a message to literally every single registered user as a notification that 12-13 is under way at KO. I dunno!? :shrug:

What do you make of that? You're a major contributor, and the thoughts of those like yourself and NYk_Reloaded718 etc are always going to be listened to. Any backing I can get for the idea will be greatly appreciated as well.

I'm down for a stellar year at KO now that we have major contributors, as well as an influx of European posters (I say influx, I mean like 5 :lol:)

idk 8's maybe going to other forums and promoting KO, twitter is a good tool

we have a great core of users and we get great discussion just gotta KO known all around

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

we have a great core of users and we get great discussion just gotta KO known all around

Do you have a twitter account? I wouldn't ever use one, that's for sure. If anyone does have a twitter account, please make use of it for the site.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;250954 said:
Do you have a twitter account? I wouldn't ever use one, that's for sure. If anyone does have a twitter account, please make use of it for the site.

yeah I use it to get consistent updates on sports mostly. I could make one for the site and interact with a lot of the other Knicks based twitter feeds and basically promote the site for people all over if you guys want me to

smokes

Huge Member
yeah I use it to get consistent updates on sports mostly. I could make one for the site and interact with a lot of the other Knicks based twitter feeds and basically promote the site for people all over if you guys want me to

Sounds like a great idea :beer:

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Wouldn't sweat it, think we'll have alot of posters in a few days, think most are lying in wait like me, I post when I am excited or have alot to discuss, right now between final preseason and day before the 1st is kind of dormant time, I am hear every day and when crazy's game thread comes up til past the end of the knicks run I will likely post damned near daily

For now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_ajGU42I0

Last edited:

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

I would try homeoftheknicks.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk