The GREAT Stephon "STARBURY" Marbury Appreciation Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You wack a$$ man you definately high today, first of all I thought you would shut up, I guess not you said yourself you aint gonna feed this arguement, You never know you might bite on those trades, I thought you were stupid enough too, but I guess you didn't want a trade. You got to stop the love, you only critisize, and complement people for your favor. You brag about rep points.

Now if you would play basketball with me one on one you wouldn't win. One on One with Knicks knowledge you would loose, overall you lost.

You hate Jamal Crawford, I personally don't care for him, but you hate him, so you considered a hater as well right? You made threads about Jamal Crawford that were disrespectful. You want me to find that too? You posted Sh!t about Jamal Crawford too. He don't make as much as your Marbury does.

As a true fan for the game you should be watching game 7 of the Eastern Semi Finals right? Cause I don't want to respond to your bullsh!t.

I havent been high in over a week. I dont really care about rep points, i think most people know im jokin when i do that.

Are you saying i would lose because of my knicks knowledge? I guess we both take a L there. Watching this team has probably made both of us worse.

I never said i hated jamal crawford, i have clearly said i like everyone on the team. I have criticised crawford alot because i think he can be alot better then he is. All it would take is a better shot selection, more aggressive going to the hoop (even if he misses, hes likely to get fouled), and more effort on defense. I have always said he has great ball handling skills. The reason why i made that thread is because i see him often get way too much credit.

Allan Houston made alot of money like marbury. Starbury played through injuries for years, and he showed alot of heart last year. I remember him playin when you could tell his knee was really messed up.

Its wrong that you would make things up like saying he doesnt pay the government taxes or he gives his taxes back to the community or whatever. I think i know what you were tryna say but it doesnt really matter. Hes given millions over the years, including the 1 million dollars he donated to new orleans. Some of the things you said were real low and cheap shots.

I did watch game 7 and them damn smelltics won. I do hate KG but not as much as you hate marbury. I respect KG for being alot more humble off the court then he is on the court, and i respect him because im sure he gives alot back to the community. I hate him on the court because He acts like a f*ckin moron hitting his head and chewing on his jersey. He instigates stuff with other players and as soon as they step to him he runs away. I can prove this if you want me to. The celtics as a team acted like they had won the championship after several of their regular season games, and after eliminating the hawks and cavs from the playoffs. I seem to have better and more fair reasons to hate KG then you when it comes to starbury, and its wrong to ever completely hate a basketball player because almost all them making money do great things for the community.

Im sorry that this had to go this far. Im gonna put this behind me now.
:beer:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good idea, I am don't want to fight with a Knicks fan I just got mad about the thread title thats all, but I am now pissed the Celtics won. GOOD thread by abcd.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Good idea, I am don't want to fight with a Knicks fan I just got mad about the thread title thats all, but I am now pissed the Celtics won. GOOD thread by abcd.

sorry 126. If somethin like this happens again ill private message you and try to avoid all this.

Go Pistons!!!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
sorry 126. If somethin like this happens again ill private message you and try to avoid all this.

Go Pistons!!!!

My bad for the personal sh!t, sorry. I agree PMing is the best to resolve things like this.

If not the Pistons then lets go Lakers, Spurs, or HORNETS!

stevie

Benchwarmer
I understand why people like and dislike him. But I cannot understand how you all love a guy who has never lead us to a win in a playoff series. Please explain to me.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I understand why people like and dislike him. But I cannot understand how you all love a guy who has never lead us to a win in a playoff series. Please explain to me.

Hes currently my favorite player but Patrick ewing is my favorite ever. Starbury can change this if he does what hes capable of doing this year. He never lead us anywhere except to the playoffs in his first season but i was very impressed with the heart he showed in the 06-07 season, he didnt just have enough help. Not everyone choses the most popular/liked player as their favorite player. Thats what the stans do, hop on the lebron/dwayne wade bandwagons.

Wow so this is what happens when school's out for MSG? :lol:

How much free time do you have dude?

Bottom line with Marbury is that he's getting a fresh start. Granted it's been like the 5th one of his career but it is what it is. He's got a lot to prove after the disastrous season he just had so lets see what he does. If it doesn't work out I think Marbury would be a hilarious Dancing With The Stars contestant dressing up in those flamboyant outfits, talkin all about jesus and people reacting to his ridiculous neck tatoos.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^^

Unfortunatly for the MSG33 haters i got this week off from work.

No work, No school :)

His disastrous season? I proved that he had a reason to leave the team, despite having an arguement with Isiah. If you dont know already marbury left the team because his basketball mentor aka Robert Williams aka Mr. Lou, who was very influential in marbury life and taught him everything....passed away.

I dont blame him for having the surgery. It was clear that isiah had it out for him. His heels were bothering him for years. Now he'll come back and "dominate." If he doesnt, i guess i lost.

You should say "no homo" after admitting you watch dancing with the stars. Thats a loss :laugh:

I have to admit marbury would be funny on that (not that i watch that show). I could see him winning with all the talent he has. Dont hate on his gangsta neck tattoos. Not everyones into tiger woods, hockey, and country/rock music :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol! Hes not great but if he plays good for the next 2-3 years he can still be a hall of famer. I see most of you hate him on this site. Lets see what he does next year, Good Luck Steph!!:gony:

metrocard

Legend
lmaoooooooooooooooooooo, and dats great, a playoff appearance and then get swept?!??!?!lmaoo, man im done wit u

Well, your previous comment still stands wrong.

"When you?re happy and your smiling, haters are frowning. When you have a clear conscious and your mind is free, others are confused. When you can see where you?re going and no longer living in the dark, others are blinded by your light." - Stephon Marbury

Hating just makes you look mad stupid, give it up brother.

George M.

Benchwarmer
lmaoooooooooooooooooooo, and dats great, a playoff appearance and then get swept?!??!?!lmaoo, man im done wit u
Hey dude.Marbury may not be the quintessential PG ala JKidd or Nash but the fact that this current batch of Knicks suck is NOT Marbury's fault. That dubious distinction goes to our former Pres. of Operations named Isiah DUMBASS I mean Thomas.That pendejo as Metrocard always says(Pendejo is Dumbass in Spanish for those who don't know) absolutely fielded the worst possible match of players around him. I.E poor perimeter shoooters and poor perimeter defenders as well as 1 dimensional front court players. This dumbass Thomas had me fooled for quite a while until about 20 games into this past season.Once the whole situation crystalised in my mind,I figured out that this moron (Thomas) gave away our frontcourt defenders(K.Thomas and N.Mohammed) for 1 dimensional players in the frontcourt and on the perimeter and used the excuse that these new players were "athletic". Hopefully Walsh and Mike D wipe away the bad memories of Isiah Dumbass sooner than later.

metrocard

Legend
Bro...most of us are from NYC...all NYers have a good command of Spanish curses.

Starbury will ressurect his career under D'Antoni. He has shown he's willing to change his style for the coach's system(He did it under Brown, and Isiah). But you can't expect to go far with clowns like Curry and Crawford on your side.

jimkcchief88

All Star
lol! Hes not great but if he plays good for the next 2-3 years he can still be a hall of famer. I see most of you hate him on this site. Lets see what he does next year, Good Luck Steph!!:gony:

Its not that most of us hate Steph on this site, we just don't have a man crush on him like a select few that shall remain nameless. We are all Knicks fans and hope all our players do well. The problem is Steph has no heart and is a cancer in the lockeroom so he is a bad team leader. This is a contract year for Steph so we can only hope that at least money will be the motivation for Steph to show up this year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Well, your previous comment still stands wrong.

"When you?re happy and your smiling, haters are frowning. When you have a clear conscious and your mind is free, others are confused. When you can see where you?re going and no longer living in the dark, others are blinded by your light." - Stephon Marbury

Hating just makes you look mad stupid, give it up brother.

Thats a great quote from starbury. Just because hes happy people think hes on drugs. It just shows that much of todays society isnt really happy, if they think you need drugs to be happy. Thats why their all confused about marbury, they dont know why he looks so happy so they say hes on drugs. Marburys gonna prove some of the haters wrong next year but some of them will hate no matter what he does.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Bro...most of us are from NYC...all NYers have a good command of Spanish curses.

Starbury will ressurect his career under D'Antoni. He has shown he's willing to change his style for the coach's system(He did it under Brown, and Isiah). But you can't expect to go far with clowns like Curry and Crawford on your side.

Somehow I missed how Steph changed his for LB and Isiah. Please give examples. While you are at it please explain what Eddy and Jamal's play has to do with Steph??? You could flip the arguement and say Eddy isn't scoring because our 20 mil point guard isn't properly feeding Eddy in the post or getting the ball to Jamal in positions where he can score. Steph is our "best player" so he should be able to elevate others and thats his responsibility as the point guard. Your man crush is showing.

metrocard

Legend
Somehow I missed how Steph changed his for LB and Isiah. Please give examples. While you are at it please explain what Eddy and Jamal's play has to do with Steph??? You could flip the arguement and say Eddy isn't scoring because our 20 mil point guard isn't properly feeding Eddy in the post or getting the ball to Jamal in positions where he can score. Steph is our "best player" so he should be able to elevate others and thats his responsibility as the point guard. Your man crush is showing.

Well, being in the midwest; I could see how you missed the games and not see Marbury change his game for Brown/Thomas.

They wanted Marbury to be more of an assist guard; feeding the ball to Curry, assisting off pick and rolls. Marbury done this, he hasn't dominant the ball as he usually does.

The result?

Crawford and Curry averaged career highs under ; (that statement kills your theory that Marbury can't "elevate" other's performances.) Its more about the support casting than Marbury's faults. You don't go into the slums of Columbia with a butter knife and a water pistol. Curry and Crawford aren't recognized as "big guns" in the NBA. Marbury was a 20-23 ppg scorer consistent; totally out of Crawford/Curry's range + his 8 assist a game. Offensively Marbury is just a superior player. Defensively, who isn't better than Curry/Crawford?

Isiah and Isiahsexuals like you were happy with this.

The reality was; as Crawford, Curry, Isiah and his Isiahsexuals were in happy land; Knicks were losing games and sank to the level as the worst team in the NBA.

When Marbury is the main focus, we made the playoffs. He was surrounded by assist key role players and we made a big turn around in Marbury's first session as a Knick.

Adding Crawford/Curry just adding a losing formula

Not to shit on you hard; but what the fuck you know about "properly" feeding someone in the post?

Curry doesn't in position quick enough; he plays like theres 50 seconds left on the shot clock. Having Curry as the primary option is one of the best ideas to having a terrible predictable turnover prone soft ass offense. Marbury did feed Curry; just because Knicks didn't have sucess with the whole Curry is Shaq idea doesn't mean its Marbury's fault. Curry isn't THAT good and will never be that good. Isiah really tried to inflate his numbers for force feeding him minutes. Its like giving Eddie House 40 minutes a game. He'll probably average 20 ppg. Does it make it a good idea? NO. House is terrible defensively and cannot play PG due to his limitations.

Can't believe Isiahsexuals are still lurking.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well, being in the midwest; I could see how you missed the games and not see Marbury change his game for Brown/Thomas.

They wanted Marbury to be more of an assist guard; feeding the ball to Curry, assisting off pick and rolls. Marbury done this, he hasn't dominant the ball as he usually does.

The result?

Crawford and Curry averaged career highs under ; (that statement kills your theory that Marbury can't "elevate" other's performances.) Its more about the support casting than Marbury's faults. You don't go into the slums of Columbia with a butter knife and a water pistol. Curry and Crawford aren't recognized as "big guns" in the NBA. Marbury was a 20-23 ppg scorer consistent; totally out of Crawford/Curry's range + his 8 assist a game. Offensively Marbury is just a superior player. Defensively, who isn't better than Curry/Crawford?

Isiah and Isiahsexuals like you were happy with this.

The reality was; as Crawford, Curry, Isiah and his Isiahsexuals were in happy land; Knicks were losing games and sank to the level as the worst team in the NBA.

When Marbury is the main focus, we made the playoffs. He was surrounded by assist key role players and we made a big turn around in Marbury's first session as a Knick.

Adding Crawford/Curry just adding a losing formula

Not to shit on you hard; but what the fuck you know about "properly" feeding someone in the post?

Curry doesn't in position quick enough; he plays like theres 50 seconds left on the shot clock. Having Curry as the primary option is one of the best ideas to having a terrible predictable turnover prone soft ass offense. Marbury did feed Curry; just because Knicks didn't have sucess with the whole Curry is Shaq idea doesn't mean its Marbury's fault. Curry isn't THAT good and will never be that good. Isiah really tried to inflate his numbers for force feeding him minutes. Its like giving Eddie House 40 minutes a game. He'll probably average 20 ppg. Does it make it a good idea? NO. House is terrible defensively and cannot play PG due to his limitations.

Can't believe Isiahsexuals are still lurking.
Good post, metrocard. You ROASTED the haters!

Eddy Curry just flat out sucks. Even when he averaged all those points and rebounds, he was turnover prone(averaged 3.5 turnovers), had no defense(averaged below a block and a steal) has no passing ability(which is why teams were able to easily stop him last year with double teams) and his free throw percentage was horrible. His rebounding was also below average(7 rebounds per game for a 6-11 starting center that averaged 35 minutes per game is below average).