Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Most tellingly, perhaps, Isiah Thomas is close to Dolan, Wesley, Grunwald, Woodson and others with the Knicks, according to sources. The former Knicks president and coach is still a very influential voice in Dolan's ear, and those behind the scenes say he is lukewarm toward Lin.

http://iamagm.com/article/espn-repo...n-melo-was-confused-by-linsanity#.UA4B7qDUSKJ

aren't you guys happy to hear that Isiah Thomas is still influential to the Knicks. We're goin to get the chip. That just bolsters our FO.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
This thread will be at page 500 by the time the season starts book it.

well also see alot more of this as the season goes on

tumblr_m79lyickxT1qi0dkv.gif

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
For you, you know who you are. :mrgreen:

"Well, I think Jeremy Lin is a good player. He's going to have more success.
Tebow is a good kid, but he's honestly going there to be the backup.
Jeremy Lin is going there to be the starting point guard, and he did some
incredible stuff. I want to see him do well. That's one of the greatest stories
I've ever seen, to be honest with you, as long as I've been involved with the NBA."

~Charles Barkley

If Lin were still a Knick the only thing you'd be hearing out of Barkley's mouth is how overrated he is & how he doesn't deserve that contract. I can't take anything Barkley says about a Knick, or ex-Knick, seriously. He's so biased against this franchise it's not even funny.

CoolClyde

Taking Stock of Jeremy Lin's Value

didn't know whether to put this in Lin thread or Dolan appreciation thread, it comes down to Lin's worth vs Dolan's stubbornness/stupidity/pride

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/32639/taking-stock-of-jeremy-lins-value

good article on value, I particularly like one fan's perspective in the comments section:

"Let's get real. NY b-ball fans haven't had a white face to cheer for since Bill Bradley. Those $1500. courtside seats are filled with corporate giveaways and Spike Lee. White NY quickly adopted him as their own as heartily as the Asian community. That was the essence of Linsanity. The huge Asian community now has threatened to never again attend an event at the Garden. The Dolans, who held NY hostage when a Westside stadium was a possibilty owe NY fans and the City much more than it would have cost to pay Lin. Imagine the City filled EVERY nite with the Insanity from a concert or Major sporting event and the HUGE tax revenues from restaurants, hotels etc. the Westside stadium could have brought to NY. Plainly put, the Dolans have screwed NY again and do not deserve to run that once proud franchise."

jimkcchief88

All Star
didn't know whether to put this in Lin thread or Dolan appreciation thread, it comes down to Lin's worth vs Dolan's stubbornness/stupidity/pride

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/32639/taking-stock-of-jeremy-lins-value

good article on value, I particularly like one fan's perspective in the comments section:

"Let's get real. NY b-ball fans haven't had a white face to cheer for since Bill Bradley. Those $1500. courtside seats are filled with corporate giveaways and Spike Lee. White NY quickly adopted him as their own as heartily as the Asian community. That was the essence of Linsanity. The huge Asian community now has threatened to never again attend an event at the Garden. The Dolans, who held NY hostage when a Westside stadium was a possibilty owe NY fans and the City much more than it would have cost to pay Lin. Imagine the City filled EVERY nite with the Insanity from a concert or Major sporting event and the HUGE tax revenues from restaurants, hotels etc. the Westside stadium could have brought to NY. Plainly put, the Dolans have screwed NY again and do not deserve to run that once proud franchise."

But see CC this is the crap I am talking about right here. So it's more important to have a racially mixed team that makes the paying fans feel more comfortable???? Can't have a bunch of wild n****s with tats running around that might go all Ron Artest at any second... How about put the team out there that gives you the best chance to win. If the asian community doesn't like it, oh well. Maybe then regular, real Knicks OF ANY RACE can afford to go to the games because ticket prices come down.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You make several excellent points but why would the FO leak they would match up to a billion dollars? why would they ask him to access his market value?

Knicks were trying to bring him back on the cheap, by front loading the offer of 5-5-3 in the final year, but nothing was definite they were just floating it around, Do you consider that fair value? Jeremy has stated that his agents contacted the FO prior to the last offer sheet signed. They knew how much it was and told him to sign it anyway. Grunwald was set to match but got overruled by Dolan.

Let this "ignorant" blackman help you out sista. It's called NEGOTIATING. With that billion dollar statement the Knicks FO hoped the Rockets wouldn't up the ante. When the Rockets did, Linsanity had to go because that price was "above market value". At least in the Knicks eyes and in the eyes of many others. I think real Knicks fans should be mad at Jeremy for taking the money and running.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Let this "ignorant" blackman help you out sista. It's called NEGOTIATING. With that billion dollar statement the Knicks FO hoped the Rockets wouldn't up the ante. When the Rockets did, Linsanity had to go because that price was "above market value". At least in the Knicks eyes and in the eyes of many others. I think real Knicks fans should be mad at Jeremy for taking the money and running.

real Knicks fan shouldn't be mad at anyone for taking the money. loyalty is a bunch of bull**** in the NBA. it's a business. get off your high horse.

real knicks fan can love/hate the decision but at the end of the day is still a Knicks fan.

CoolClyde

But see CC this is the crap I am talking about right here. So it's more important to have a racially mixed team that makes the paying fans feel more comfortable???? Can't have a bunch of wild n****s with tats running around that might go all Ron Artest at any second... How about put the team out there that gives you the best chance to win. If the asian community doesn't like it, oh well. Maybe then regular, real Knicks OF ANY RACE can afford to go to the games because ticket prices come down.

yeah Jim, this will be continue to an ongoing discussion unfortunately tinged with race just because... however, ticket prices will never come down, as corporate america is based in NYC, and they don't even pay for tickets after filing taxes. the billion dollar MSG renovation was for the sake of the mega-corps and high rollers while the white/asian community were filling out the sh*ttier seats and selling out the garden due to Linsanity. but, agreed, it's more important to have the best team out there for the sake of the O&B.
would Lin have made the team better irregardless of the poison pill?

this discussion will never end until we see how Lin does next season.
i'm sick of it, but i'm interested to read (psuedo) professional takes on the situation.

However you want to look at it or break it down the results still the same. Can we just move on and accept the fact that he is no longer in orange and blue. Instead we have a guy that actually played well with amare and wanted to be here in Raymond. We finally have depth at the point gaurd position something that we haven't had in years. There are too many reasons to be excited about this team and upcoming season to he harping over our nasty break up with linsanity

TakMan

Rotation player

"Let's get real. NY b-ball fans haven't had a white face to cheer for since Bill Bradley. Those $1500. courtside seats are filled with corporate giveaways and Spike Lee. White NY quickly adopted him as their own as heartily as the Asian community. That was the essence of Linsanity. The huge Asian community now has threatened to never again attend an event at the Garden..."

Firstly I'd like to know how this guy defines "The huge Asian community." Is there an organisation called The huge Asian community? Have their representatives called for an msg boycott? Are they represented by a considerably large number of asians? or just large asians? Freakishly tall asians? or a number of well endowed asians? Should anyone care? If people were going to the Garden to watch Lin (rather than the Knicks) play, then it's probably better he's gone. This way there are more chances their seats will be taken by people who want to watch the New York Knicks play. Also, this guy somehow appears to be implying that no asians attended MSG events prior to "Linsanity" and no asian will attend now it's ended.

That's not even my main issue with analyses of this nature. The main issue I take is that the best argument they can come up with, is that taking "Linsanity" away from New York and putting it in the hands of some other team is financial suicide. Simply put, they are taking for granted that "Linsanity" (a 25 game accomplishment) will continue in the long-run. So what if it doesn't? What if Lin is posting something like 12/6 at Houston (who will almost definitely be a losing team)? Will people keep watching him to the extent that they were during his stretch with us? And if he fades into NBA mediocrity will his shirt sales remain high? Note that he's not the only asian in the NBA; he may see his fanbase near Yi Jianlian levels. Right now Lin is an enigma. I don't see him performing anywhere near as well next year as he did with us. He's in a tougher conference and is supported by a cast of below average basketball players. Houston's 'vision' which he appears to share so much was clearly monetary. Yao Ming proved during the course of multiple seasons that he was a top player. With Lin, everyone's acting like he's the next best thing due to 25 good games in a condensed, peculiar season. I say Felton outdoes "Linsanity" next season.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
real Knicks fan shouldn't be mad at anyone for taking the money. loyalty is a bunch of bull**** in the NBA. it's a business. get off your high horse.

real knicks fan can love/hate the decision but at the end of the day is still a Knicks fan.

How about sitting out of the playoffs vs. the HEAT so as not to hurt your market value so you can take the money and RUN???(still on the high horse).

CoolClyde

...the cause of suffering is our clinging or grasping from the mental forces of greed & possessiveness,
of hatred & aggression, and of ignorance & delusion. And this clinging or grasping must be let go of.
The cause of most human suffering on the earth right now, is in our hands. Individually we grasp
at how we think it should be; we don't want things to change. Or we do want them to
change. We don't want to grow old and we don't want to lose certain things. We don't
want certain things to happen the way they do. So when you're suffering, see where
there is attachment, where there is grasping, clinging.

To unclench the fist of clinging doesn't mean that we don't respond to the world,
that we don't try to help. But we can let go of our clinging to an outcome--
deep down the cause of suffering is this gut level grasping of how it should be.
The more we cling, the more we suffer.

Jeremy Lin is gone... just let go.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
How about sitting out of the playoffs vs. the HEAT so as not to hurt your market value so you can take the money and RUN???(still on the high horse).

pretty much everyone and their mother told him to sit out the playoffs and now you want to use that as an excuse. that statement is such weaksauce and you using it as an argument pretty much sums up your bias towards lin.

why don't you blame melo for being greedy making the Knicks trade their whole team when he could've signed as a FA at the end of the season or why he came into the season so out of shape. (FYI: I don't care, it's for argument purposes)

im just ready to see the knicks play.