BREAKING: Bargnani to the Knicks. KnicksTape self destructing?

Wargames

Starter
the biggest upside of this trade will be in 2015 when the knicks will be positioned to add a lot of young but still proven talent and this time keep most of their own talent. Even if the knicks havent drastically improved they are still a playoff team.

The reason the Heat got to be the Champs was Wade was already on the books and they just needed money for 2 free agents.... same goes for the knicks come 2015.

They will have Melo, and a core of roleplayers. All they need to add is some Lebron/Durant Stoppers (why I focus on Hibbert, and Leonard) and we even get our draft pick that year to add to our core. Hell even signing JR is smart cause at 5 a million he would be a steal as a 4th or 5th best scorer.

By that point the Heat will be arguably older (sh*t wade's knee's might not even make it) and who knows if the thunder will ever recover from losing Harden.

p0nder

Starter
Gave up not much to get less in return. The first round pick hurts in 2016.. I hate giving up picks, especially for guys that aren't producing. A first rounder, even in the later picks can turn out to be great players.

Barni is a chucker, a weak post player and lumbers up and down the court. He's like STAT but softer and without the athleticism. Coming from a Raptors organization that was terrible on defense and had a losing culture I don't see value outside of potentially making room for another roster spot for a summer league guy or something.

As a canadian who watched the raptors pick this guy and develop him into a poor player I am not especially happy with this deal. It was moot because Camby wasn't getting PT and novak had cooled off some, losing PT to copeland and JR. Barni does the same things (hit 3's, get injured) as camby/novak so it doesn't really matter. The raptors had been looking for someone to take this contract off their hands and found the Knicks willing to give up more then they should have. A box of Primo Pasta and a DVD of the Coach D'antoni show circa 2010 would have gotten us Barni.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
i swear people dont understand the value of expiring contracts. please stop girling about out pick...we will trade, stats bargs or t.c. expiring and get a pick. maybe 2 of there contracts and land a big fish... dolan isnt into rebuilding. so come 2015 he'll snag another big name to play with an older melo and young shump. stop worying about the pick. it can had back if needed. now that thats out of the way is bargs not better then novak? thats an obvious yes so from a talent standpoint we clearly upgraded. and idk about yall but bargs actually plays post defense. problem is he was point on the wing alot in toronto...stop crying..ny fans are never satisfied. if we would have stood pat yall would be whining about how we stood pat. this last decade of futility has really tarnished all of our perceptions and expectations... the roster...I REPEAT THE ROSTER WAS UPGRADED! with a long summer to go.

metrocard

Legend
Trading away the draft picks is always dangerous. If Raptors draft an impact player, it will haunt for 5+ years just like all the other draft picks we missed (hell, look at what not drafting Rondo did to us)

p0nder

Starter
Plays post defense? Are you kidding? Barni is a cardboard cut out. At best he will put his hands straight up in the air and not jump to meet the defender. I honestly wondered how many posters this guy is on, but then realized it's not that many because he's soft like pasta sauce and doesn't protect the rim. at all.

A pick is a pick. It is what it is. After years of sending picks away for high-priced, over hyped, under-performing players, yeah I'm a bit weary of giving up multiple picks for a #1 pick that has never produced and never will. Maybe we move him sooner in a package for something better... maybe we don't. The trade makes us better in 2016, unless that 2016 pick turns out to be a better player then Barni, which is highly likely (2016 will be a talent loaded draft, David Lee was the 30th pick, Rondo was #21, Tony Parker was #28)

I'm not saying we should have stood pat, but I'm not happy with this trade as our "major upgrade" of the off-season that makes us a title contender. Think about it, is having Barni on the team going to make a difference when we face Hibbert and the pacers again? I'm not saying it was a terrible deal and we got fleeced but I have doubts that Bargni will be healthy next year and contribute to a team that has championship aspirations.

knicksin60

Starter
Trading away the draft picks is always dangerous. If Raptors draft an impact player, it will haunt for 5+ years just like all the other draft picks we missed (hell, look at what not drafting Rondo did to us)
It gave the Knicks one of the greatest players of Puertorican descent to ever play at the NBA level.

Kiyaman

Legend
STUPID Ridiculous Foolish trade of the 2013 offseason ....
Grunwald = Isiah idiotic-mess
RED-FLAG !!!

Copeland is twice the better player of a 14/5 C-Bargani .... Do the B-Ball math?
Would u give up a future 1st and 2nd rounder just for Copeland?
Bargani's all-around performance is barely above Novak's performance, which would've been a equal trade when comparing performance. Let Toronto eat their own over-paid contract to Bargani.
A backup (20 minute) old-head Camby is 10 times better than Bargani.

This type of trade shouldve been for Portland LaMarcus Aldrigde or Utah Milsap

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Plays post defense? Are you kidding? Barni is a cardboard cut out. At best he will put his hands straight up in the air and not jump to meet the defender. I honestly wondered how many posters this guy is on, but then realized it's not that many because he's soft like pasta sauce and doesn't protect the rim. at all.

A pick is a pick. It is what it is. After years of sending picks away for high-priced, over hyped, under-performing players, yeah I'm a bit weary of giving up multiple picks for a #1 pick that has never produced and never will. Maybe we move him sooner in a package for something better... maybe we don't. The trade makes us better in 2016, unless that 2016 pick turns out to be a better player then Barni, which is highly likely (2016 will be a talent loaded draft, David Lee was the 30th pick, Rondo was #21, Tony Parker was #28)

I'm not saying we should have stood pat, but I'm not happy with this trade as our "major upgrade" of the off-season that makes us a title contender. Think about it, is having Barni on the team going to make a difference when we face Hibbert and the pacers again? I'm not saying it was a terrible deal and we got fleeced but I have doubts that Bargni will be healthy next year and contribute to a team that has championship aspirations.

Our best upgrade is gonna be shumps growth. Shump has gary Payton potential.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks talking about limiting Stat to 20 mpg and not playing on back to backs for the duration of his career. If true you can see why Grunny pulled the trigger on this deal in light of this and all the question marks about many of the players from last year coming back.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Knicks talking about limiting Stat to 20 mpg and not playing on back to backs for the duration of his career. If true you can see why Grunny pulled the trigger on this deal in light of this and all the question marks about many of the players from last year coming back.

How bullsh!t is that though? Gets me so angry...100 mil...wow.

Paul1355

All Star
Stat will always be the sixth man unless injuries from other players force us to play him. His days as a starter are over in NY. It is not his ability per say, even though Bargnani is a better compliment to Melo and Chandler, but its really his health.

Less risk playing him 20 min than 30+ every night. I don't agree with back to backs tho, he isnt 50 years old.

Wargames

Starter
How bullsh!t is that though? Gets me so angry...100 mil...wow.

Knicks knew the risk but I won't get mad man... Nobody was coming here for less the knicks were a joke organization around the league and its not his fault he is injury prone (save for that fire extinguisher incident) when he got here. Also him coming here was the catalyst for the changes that got the Knicks making it to the second seed last season.

Two more years and the Knicks should go all in and using his expiring (alongside Tyson's and bargnani) make a team of lebron killers around Melo and win some chips.

Anyhow its Dolan's money....

New New York

Quiet Storm
Knicks knew the risk but I won't get mad man... Nobody was coming here for less the knicks were a joke organization around the league and its not his fault he is injury prone (save for that fire extinguisher incident) when he got here. Also him coming here was the catalyst for the changes that got the Knicks making it to the second seed last season.

Two more years and the Knicks should go all in and using his expiring (alongside Tyson's and bargnani) make a team of lebron killers around Melo and win some chips.

Anyhow its Dolan's money....

Great point about Stat bringing credibility to us

When Miami signed Lebron and Bosh players knew they had to link up to win and frankly David Lee was not a player by himself that was gonna attract a lot of big named players although he is proving to be the better value than Stat! But Lee was an Isiah player and The Knicks needed a makeover

Stat's MVP like showing his first year in NY made players want to come here...just him signing with us made Melo want to be here and the two of them put NY back on the map

Stat ushered in a new regime that took The Knicks from being a joke back to respectability and now trying to build a champion and none of this occurs if we sign Lee Boozer or even Bosh. Stat's boldness and leadership stimulated our fan base. Its hard to imagine now us not being on nationally televised games but before Stat we got one a year (I think that's an NBA mandate) to being on a couple times a week!

Its hard to say that one season was worth 100 million, yet in a lot of ways it was because the impact it had on the culture

+1 Wargames