Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
^Above post is full of win.

D'Antoni seems to be really stubborn. He's much like Joe Torre in the sense that he has "his guys" and those are the guys who will get playing time.

I understand that Landry Fields is good but he wasn't getting anything done last night, meanwhile TD brought energy and defense that wasn't being played all game.

A good coach is one who adjusts his game plan accordingly. There is no reason Douglas should've been yanked. I think Mozgov should have played...or at the very least Turiaf...seriously, how often does D'Antoni's small lineup actually WORK!?!?

D'Antoni seems to be really stubborn. He's much like Joe Torre in the sense that he has "his guys" and those are the guys who will get playing time.

I understand that Landry Fields is good but he wasn't getting anything done last night, meanwhile TD brought energy and defense that wasn't being played all game.

A good coach is one who adjusts his game plan accordingly. There is no reason Douglas should've been yanked. I think Mozgov should have played...or at the very least Turiaf...seriously, how often does D'Antoni's small lineup actually WORK!?!?

You're preaching to the choir. Moz was playing well. Who knows after getting a rest and watching what we needed on the floor (defense & rebounding) he may have tried to give us more of that if he was allowed to play in the forth. But hey we'll never know. Players make adjustment all the time during a game.

Mike figured (incorrectly AGAIN) that his way would result in the win. Chandler on Blake was dumb. The only reason the clips didnt post up Blake every time down court was because that kid from Newark starting beasting.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean how often is it that the small ball strategy works? Most of the time when we play against any time with a size advantage we only win when one of their big guys has an off night.

That's why we get owned by teams like the Hawks, the Lakers, the Bucks...

Toons

is the Bo$$
Dude, he played 26:22 -- http://www.nba.com/games/20110209/LACNYK/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

It's not hard to look this stuff up.

It's impossible to play 40 minutes when you sit out the whole fourth quarter. D'Antoni went small in the fourth to try and gain some points back. It almost worked... almost. We got within three and then botched the game because of no interior presence.

D'Antoni likes to gamble like that. It sometimes pays off, but most of the time it doesn't. We got burned time and time again because we needed to double Blake Griffin when Chandler was guarding him. Posting up a smaller guy is fundamental basketball and scarily enough, for whatever reason, it works.... hmmm. :sarcasm:.

Mozgov's height alone on the inside would have worked out well. How you go 8-9 from the field and grab 6 boards in 26 minutes, and then not see daylight in the fourth quarter is beyond me.

Could you imagine scoring 18 very efficient points, and then being told to sit down... D'Antoni is just stubborn.

Mozgov single-handedly kept us in the game in the first two quarters, then D'Antoni sat him. It's not quite fair.

What was even more of a travesty, however, was him subbing in Landry Fields, who did nothing the whole game for Toney Douglas, who was a happy +16 when he was on the floor (compared to the rest of the team that were negative by mostly double digits). I even saw Toney look at Mike as he was heading to the bench and ask: "Why are you sitting me?"

The answer, Mr. Douglas, is because MD is an idiot.

omg you are an idiot.

i was replying to clyde&the pearl when he used a quote of mine to make it seem as if i said moz shouldnt play at all. those were quotes, so ''yesterday'' was referring to moz's big game when he did play 40 mins.

Toons

is the Bo$$

turiaf is injured :wtf:

do you guys even follow the knicks??

Toons

is the Bo$$
Dude, he played 26:22 -- http://www.nba.com/games/20110209/LACNYK/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

It's not hard to look this stuff up.

D'Antoni likes to gamble like that. It sometimes pays off, but most of the time it doesn't. We got burned time and time again because we needed to double Blake Griffin when Chandler was guarding him. Posting up a smaller guy is fundamental basketball and scarily enough, for whatever reason, it works.... hmmm. :sarcasm:.

Could you imagine scoring 18 very efficient points, and then being told to sit down... D'Antoni is just stubborn.

Mozgov single-handedly kept us in the game in the first two quarters, then D'Antoni sat him. It's not quite fair.

What was even more of a travesty, however, was him subbing in Landry Fields, who did nothing the whole game for Toney Douglas, who was a happy +16 when he was on the floor (compared to the rest of the team that were negative by mostly double digits). I even saw Toney look at Mike as he was heading to the bench and ask: "Why are you sitting me?"

The answer, Mr. Douglas, is because MD is an idiot.

BTW, Griffin had 20 pts and 6 rebs and 5 turnovers. Chandler guarding him was not the problem, we were killed by their guards... Foye dropped 17 in the 4th quarter, thats the most by a single player in the garden for the year. :smh:

BTW, Griffin had 20 pts and 6 rebs and 5 turnovers. Chandler guarding him was not the problem, we were killed by their guards... Foye dropped 17 in the 4th quarter, thats the most by a single player in the garden for the year. :smh:

Even though the Clips didnt abuse this matchup it was still problematic. Just having a mismatch like this on the floor makes it a problem. Defenders tend to lean towards this matchup every time down the court. Which takes attention away from where it was needed. Foye.

This is where having a player like Randolph getting minutes and confident can help. He's just as quick as Blake and he's long. Those two attributes alone suggest that he'd have an easier time disturbing what Griffin wants to do on offense. Probably never crossed MDAs mind. Defensive basketball is more than just straight up matchups youngster as you suggest. Teams have to play as a unit. Players should be guarding players that they are most likely to succeed against. There has to be a philosophy and a gameplan for each team.

Let me know when you're ready for your next lesson young buck...:peace:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Even though the Clips didnt abuse this matchup it was still problematic. Just having a mismatch like this on the floor makes it a problem. Defenders tend to lean towards this matchup every time down the court. Which takes attention away from where it was needed. Foye.

This is where having a player like Randolph getting minutes and confident can help. He's just as quick as Blake and he's long. Those two attributes alone suggest that he'd have an easier time disturbing what Griffin wants to do on offense. Probably never crossed MDAs mind. Defensive basketball is more than just straight up matchups youngster as you suggest. Teams have to play as a unit. Players should be guarding players that they are most likely to succeed against. There has to be a philosophy and a gameplan for each team.Let me know when you're ready for your next lesson young buck...:peace:

so, your saying randolph is a better defender than chandler?
if randolph was on blake, blake beasto would have gone for 38 n 16

did you see how much time came off the clock when blake tried to post chandler on the high post? only to have to kick it out and have foye save their ass? or did you just look at the box score again?

what you said in bold makes absolutely no sense. you bring up team defense in opposition to man defense, and then you give a tactic that supports man to man defense.... the knicks just need to go big, and play a zone.

felton
gallo
randoloph
amare
mozgov

so, your saying randolph is a better defender than chandler?
if randolph was on blake, blake beasto would have gone for 38 n 16

did you see how much time came off the clock when blake tried to post chandler on the high post? only to have to kick it out and have foye save their ass? or did you just look at the box score again?

what you said in bold makes absolutely no sense. you bring up team defense in opposition to man defense, and then you give a tactic that supports man to man defense.... the knicks just need to go big, and play a zone.

felton
gallo
randoloph
amare
mozgov

I'm saying a confident Randolph could in theory play Blake better than Chandler on the low block.

The point is I gave a tactic that this team doesnt use. This team has no defensive philosophy. I've mentioned numerous times that the Knicks need to play more zone...

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Why no 4th Quarter

I couldn`t believe it when no D-Toni benched Mozgod for the fourth quarter. He was changing shots, rebounding and scoring at will inside.

Then, we went dry and yet he still sat on the bench. No D-Toni is an idiot. When will we get a real basketball coach ?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I thought Turiaf was day to day, didn't know he was out entirely.

Epic fail, I'll admit it.

In my defense, though, I don't get to watch the games where I'm at, all I can do is follow the box scores and I miss things from time to time.

With that said all things considered Beast Griffin wasn't the problem. Letting Randy Foye drop 20+ points on us, on the other hand, is embarrassing.

There's absolutely no reason players such as Randy Foye and Louis Williams who are barely starters on their respective teams should look like all-stars when playing at MSG.

MusketeerX

Rotation player

Foye had a magnificent game, but the Chandler/Griffin matchup was the problem. Foye was open for many of his shots, because we needed to double on Blake.

One play in particular, where TD double off of Foye comes to mind. We had pulled to that three point mark, and TD comes off of Foye on the strong side (stupid mistake -- not sure if this was D'Antoni's 'defensive plan' or just a mistake by TD), and Foye pushes the game to six. If you don't need to double, you make that three point opportunity much more difficult.

metrocard

Legend
Called..............

neat-spiderman.gif