Coach K says Duhon will be a league leader in assist with Knicks

nyk_nyk

All Star
Duhon's success will depend largely on the players around him and thier health. Crawford is streaky, Curry is lazy and Zack doesn't score in transition. Q lost his jumper, Lee barely has one and Balkman never had one. Gallinari is still on watch, Jeffries is strictly utility, nate can help, james is a non-factor and Chandler may not play. I think he can average somewhere around 8-9 assists per game if Dantoni's system is incorporated well and guys improve their games from last season. I can't see him doing well any other way. I am looking forward to his on-ball defensive ability though.

Duhon's success will depend largely on the players around him and thier health. Crawford is streaky, Curry is lazy and Zack doesn't score in transition. Q lost his jumper, Lee barely has one and Balkman never had one. Gallinari is still on watch, Jeffries is strictly utility, nate can help, james is a non-factor and Chandler may not play. I think he can average somewhere around 8-9 assists per game if Dantoni's system is incorporated well and guys improve their games from last season. I can't see him doing well any other way. I am looking forward to his on-ball defensive ability though.
You must be joking. Oh i get it. You and JPZ17 are the nephews of coach K. He will never average that many assists. It is sensible to think that marbury will average that many next year but duhon is not as much of a point guard as marbury is. First we must surround marbury with average teammates. We will then see the resurrection of marburys career.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I love to look back on Threads like this to see how right or wrong we all were!

Looks like we were all either wrong! But being that Duhon is currently 4th in the league in assist, and dropped another 13 tonight, it looks like Coach K knew what he was talking about!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

wow u got it rite on da ball lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Duhon is a pretty good pg he's shown so far this year he could run a team and do it well, he's a really good floor general and could lead a team as a starter i wouldnt mind keeping him as the starter seeing how he could play for cheap and is only 26 yrs old. i see him in a Fisher type roll his whole career he knows what he's doing just add a superstar player and nice allstar capable players and big men and he'll be fine....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Well thanks for the support at the begining of your response LOL!

I posted it because it really took me back that Coach K would say that, I also noted that I did not co-sign his opinion.

I seriously doubt that Coach K's opinion is correct, but I really thought that it was worth discussing.

I also noted that his assist to TO ratio looked solid, but it was actually not much better than Steph's from the year before, meaning there was no need to assume he was for sure going to get that much burn over Steph

Seems like all the Marbury riders think this is a bad topic. Didn't we all see that coming? It's natural for coach K to support Duhon. He's always spoken highly of him. It should also be expected for there to be big talk about Duhon after he set a franchise record 22 assists against the Warriors. Oddly enough Marbury's name always seems to pop up even though he didn't play against the Warriors, hasn't practices or helped Duhon and wasn't in the building or even allowed any where near the team. But that's all besides the point. Will Duhon lead the league? Well that's quite a statement. I wouldn't go that far, but he did make Knicks history. There's no question he's a solid floor general.

Toons

is the Bo$$
how is it still too early to say he is doing well....but 3 games into the season it wasnt too early to say he was doing poorly...
hmmmm

jimkcchief88

All Star
I told you guys Duhon was a nice guard during the off-season and I was accused of being a Bulls fan in disguise by you know who. Now that Jamal is gone look for Duhon to step up his scoring to fill in the gaps. The Starbury crew is just hating the fact that the Knicks have moved on without thier boy. Just like that jealous ex-girlfriend that tell your new girl a bunch crap about you just to salt your game. The fact is Duhon never was the first option in Chicago and was buried on the bench behind Captain Kirk and Air Gordon. He was benched at the end of the season for skipping practice to attend the Duke-NC game. When the Bulls finally let Duhon off the bench, he dropped 35 on the Celts. Duhon was a great addition for the Knicks and it great to finally have a floor general again that will do what's good for the TEAM.

metrocard

Legend
11 and 8 in an offense like this is really mediocre, especially since his defense hasn't been good as advertise.

Marbury > Duhon.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
how is it still too early to say he is doing well....but 3 games into the season it wasnt too early to say he was doing poorly...
hmmmm

LOL.

Duhon has cleary more than lived up to the Knicks highest hopes and seems to be improving as he gets to the know the system and players better.

Right now, he's the most valuable player on the team. He brings everything to the team that we needed. He plays hard, puts the team first, is a leader, and knows how to make the players around him better. He's not the most talented player in the world athletically etc..., but he's one of the best PG's in the league because he knows how to play winning basketball and doesn't focus on his own scoring stats.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
man when they signed Duhon i was mad cause i thought that he'll take marburys place(which he did) but he waaaaaaay passed my expectations and i'm happy it happened

GetRealistic

Starter
LOL.

Duhon has cleary more than lived up to the Knicks highest hopes and seems to be improving as he gets to the know the system and players better.

Right now, he's the most valuable player on the team. He brings everything to the team that we needed. He plays hard, puts the team first, is a leader, and knows how to make the players around him better. He's not the most talented player in the world athletically etc..., but he's one of the best PG's in the league because he knows how to play winning basketball and doesn't focus on his own scoring stats.

Well said.

Musa

Rookie
Duhon - A Good Player

I don`t get it. Knicks fans are sometimes hard to understand / satisfy. When Walsh signed Duhon a lot of people wrote that it was a bad idea. Now the season started and Duhon plays very well. But there are still Knicks fans who claim that he is not the right guy for the Knicks. It's stupid.

Comparing Duhon to Marbury is just stupid because Marbury's time with the Knicks is up. He had about 4 years to prove to be the go-to-guy- All he showed was the fact that he is a 10 years old kid captured/trapped in the body of a 30 years old man. I feel sorry for him. He is talented but he suffers from mental disorder. He needs help.

Duhon might be a role-player. But nobody can deny that he does'nt make a good job.

I am fed up with Marbury's situation. Walsh has to find a solution asap.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don`t get it. Knicks fans are sometimes hard to understand / satisfy. When Walsh signed Duhon a lot of people wrote that it was a bad idea. Now the season started and Duhon plays very well. But there are still Knicks fans who claim that he is not the right guy for the Knicks. It's stupid.

The only people that claim that are people in love with Mebury. They are upset the Knicks/Duhon are playing well without him which only exposes them as Mebury fans over Knick fans.

New New York

Quiet Storm
11 and 8 in an offense like this is really mediocre, especially since his defense hasn't been good as advertise.

Marbury > Duhon.

Steph has nothing to do with it!

Not to mention 11 and 8 dont fully tell the story of Duhon's production, Duhon has not been turning the ball over I think he has something like 35 ast to 5 to's in the past two games, I don't care who's offense you're playing in that is getting the job done.

I'll say it again...Dantoni is to PGs as Walsh was to NFL QB's. But that is not to say Duhon hasnt been solid for us! And Coach K was right about him doing better than we all predicted.

You're saying 11 and 8 is not enough, but I doubt you predicted even those numbers for him this season!