Gints trade Shockey...

Akamu

The King
Trading Shockey was a good move, he had a HUGE ego and a ball hog mentality, I use to like him but he was a jackass and needed to go. They won the superbowl because he wasn't there to mess it up with his greediness. The team didn't even want him on the sideline, that's why you saw him in the stands and away from the team.

Micheal Strahan got his ring finally, I am very happy for him, one of the greatest NFL players ever and has one of the best personalities that you can commend. If he retires it's kool with me, he's beat up and finally accomplished what he wanted to do.

I like Tiki Barber a lot when he played, but it's sad that he didn't get to win a superbowl, maybe if he just woulda stayed 1 more year, but o well too bad for him, I still have his jersey heh.

PS. The term "Gints" that people use sounds real ghey, never liked it!

Paul1355

All Star
I hate this move. Big Shockey fan. Eli has his wish. No Tiki, Shockey or Strahan. His team now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8364800...ockey-to-Saints

FINALLY

Look at last season we beat the top teams in the playoffs without Shockey we really dont need him. Boss has proven to be a good TE and will only get better. Trading him for two picks is the smartest thing we could do...have you noticed that our GM has been awesome at drafting players. Look at all the draft picks we used last year i think everyone produced. Shockey was a clubhouse problem and he is injury prone so there is more negative to him then many people think. Yes he is a good TE but chemistry is what its all about and now that he is gone Eli can even out his passing not just to Shockey all the time who would bytch if Eli didnt throw enough passes to him. We have good young players that will only get better, Shockey had to go.

Trading Shockey was a good move, he had a HUGE ego and a ball hog mentality, I use to like him but he was a jackass and needed to go. They won the superbowl because he wasn't there to mess it up with his greediness. The team didn't even want him on the sideline, that's why you saw him in the stands and away from the team.

Micheal Strahan got his ring finally, I am very happy for him, one of the greatest NFL players ever and has one of the best personalities that you can commend. If he retires it's kool with me, he's beat up and finally accomplished what he wanted to do.

I like Tiki Barber a lot when he played, but it's sad that he didn't get to win a superbowl, maybe if he just woulda stayed 1 more year, but o well too bad for him, I still have his jersey heh.

PS. The term "Gints" that people use sounds real ghey, never liked it!

The Giants won because the defense was playing insane, and the offense made the plays needed to win. It was not like our offfense became all world when Shockey left. No.. we did JUST ENOUGH.

That said, I agree he was a distraction, and probably needed to go. But I am not so sure that we'll be better off.

And Strahan and Tiki had their egotistical moments too, but no one seems to hash on them the way they do Shockey. He is going to have a monster rest of his career with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

Paul1355

All Star
The Giants won because the defense was playing insane, and the offense made the plays needed to win. It was not like our offfense became all world when Shockey left. No.. we did JUST ENOUGH.

That said, I agree he was a distraction, and probably needed to go. But I am not so sure that we'll be better off.

And Strahan and Tiki had their egotistical moments too, but no one seems to hash on them the way they do Shockey. He is going to have a monster rest of his career with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

Shockey's gonna land bad on his ankle or something stupid and be out for weeks just watch his injuries will add up...an once the saints get a good TE Shockey will bytch again just like he did wit the Giants lol. I see it happening. Anyways back to the Giants, they are better off..they won without him and now its just another distraction off the team. We have enough talent to have Eli(who is lookin like Peyton) able to spread out his choices to all the recievers and TE's rather than Shockey getting 10 passes a day. The team IS better off...Shockey was good during the season but the season is not were the Giants impressed and all of a sudden became amazing it was the playoffs without Shockey and all his injuries...we are better off.

Akamu

The King
NY Giants were always known for their defense! I was extremely happy with that superbowl they won. They knocked off one of the best offensive teams in NFL history in an incredible physical display! Best game I've ever seen it was perfect 18 and 1.

Jeramey Shockey would have screwed our chances, he always would want a play to involve him getting the ball. The coach would have to think "what does shockey want to do? how can we involve Shockey for the next play?" it's not about Shockey! it's about winning and if he happens to fall in a play then he falls in a play.

Our offense isn't amazing but yes they did just enough, BUT our offensive line however was AMAZING! and our running game is pretty good, Brandon Jacobs is the f*cking man 6'5 running back steam rolling people! Plus we have a NEW Tiki Barber in the young Ahmed Bradshaw with his speed and cut through game! Ward seems alright as a back-up he had his moments-

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
It was a move that would have to happen, sooner or later, he didn't give a shit for the team and he was a bad character in the locker room.

Good luck though

dre48ny

Rotation player
There were rumors that they were trying to swing a deal for jason Taylor involving Shockey. I would have loved that move personally. That would have immediately filled Strahan's void. Now he goes to one of our foes in the skins!!

Paul1355

All Star
There were rumors that they were trying to swing a deal for jason Taylor involving Shockey. I would have loved that move personally. That would have immediately filled Strahan's void. Now he goes to one of our foes in the skins!!

we have Justin Tuck...he's a Jason Taylor in the making.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Could not agree more that Shockey needed to go. Face it, Kevin Boss has virtually the same amount of talent without all the bullshit and attitude. The team did better without him and without Tiki Barber. Football is very simple when it comes to passing...HIT THE OPEN MAN. Shockey wanted to try and catch the ball even when surrounded by 3 players, and didn't like to block. Seriously, you're a TE...your basically a more fit OT with hands and decent speed.

Could not agree more that Shockey needed to go. Face it, Kevin Boss has virtually the same amount of talent without all the bullshit and attitude. The team did better without him and without Tiki Barber. Football is very simple when it comes to passing...HIT THE OPEN MAN. Shockey wanted to try and catch the ball even when surrounded by 3 players, and didn't like to block. Seriously, you're a TE...your basically a more fit OT with hands and decent speed.

Kevin Boss has shown you he is virtually as good as Shockey based on what? A handful of games?

Shockey has 27 td's in 6 years.... He is faster, stronger, and more atheltic than Boss.

He is a much better player. But that said.. it was probably best he go.

Paul1355

All Star
Kevin Boss has shown you he is virtually as good as Shockey based on what? A handful of games?

Shockey has 27 td's in 6 years.... He is faster, stronger, and more atheltic than Boss.

He is a much better player. But that said.. it was probably best he go.

He's a good strong blocking TE, but he did get alot of passes thrown to him, he was expected to make big reception yards as a TE. Now that Eli has some good young recievers and the amazing Plaxico, shockey wasnt needed as a receiving TE anymore and thats what he wanted to be. So i hope he does good with Sean Payton and the Saints...and I hope Boss turns out to be a solid TE for the future. But Shockey had to go.

clumsy

Rotation player
Shockey is beast, but i think it was getting to the point where it was irreconcilable between him and mgmt..

The Giants get hurt with this move. Boss' is taller with less weight than Shockey, so no way can he get the same leverage in Blocking

Seeing how Eli's accuracy is still suspect he is probably a better offensive threat tho passing wise. Hopefully Boss also doesn't drop passes thrown right at him.

Paul1355

All Star
Shockey is beast, but i think it was getting to the point where it was irreconcilable between him and mgmt..

The Giants get hurt with this move. Boss' is taller with less weight than Shockey, so no way can he get the same leverage in Blocking

Seeing how Eli's accuracy is still suspect he is probably a better offensive threat tho passing wise. Hopefully Boss also doesn't drop passes thrown right at him.

Eli has shown to be one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL when the Giants began winning last season, especially during their road winning streak. Now that he won the super bowl, his confidence is 100% and thats all Eli needs to perform. The pressure is off his back from all the bad games he use to have, he's gonna be a great QB.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Eli has shown to be one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL when the Giants began winning last season, especially during their road winning streak. Now that he won the super bowl, his confidence is 100% and thats all Eli needs to perform. The pressure is off his back from all the bad games he use to have, he's gonna be a great QB.
I completely agree with what you said... And looking back on it now... I think trading shockey was the right move. How many TD catches did shockey have this year?

th3realicon

Rotation player
It hurts to admit it but we really need Plax. Without him the team went downhill. Even our Earth-Wind and Fire triade was not the same without Plax wrecking havoc at WR. There were rumors about us being interested in Q but i still think if Plax gets away without any jail time we should give him another shot. I am pretty sure he is not going to shoot himself twice. :)

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
It hurts to admit it but we really need Plax. Without him the team went downhill. Even our Earth-Wind and Fire triade was not the same without Plax wrecking havoc at WR. There were rumors about us being interested in Q but i still think if Plax gets away without any jail time we should give him another shot. I am pretty sure he is not going to shoot himself twice. :)

No pun intended I presume? lol! :thumbsup:

th3realicon

Rotation player
Well the other shot he gave it to himself. lol

Btw if it wasn't for Syracuse you would have been worshiping the same teams as i do.
Rutgers/St Johns is more like me. :p

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Well the other shot he gave it to himself. lol

Btw if it wasn't for Syracuse you would have been worshiping the same teams as i do.
Rutgers/St Johns is more like me. :p
I love cuse football and basketball. I could careless that they suck in football, I love them! btw if you ever get the chance to see a Syracuse basketball game at the carrier dome, Go. Great experience.