Knicks vs Rockets Mon, Dec 17 Game Thread:

knicksin60

Starter
You have to give it to the Rockets for winning their two NBA finals games against the Knicks this season. Since they won't be making the playoffs this season they needed to get excited about something.

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
As much as Felton has shown flashes of excellence he has been the reason for most of the Knicks' losses this season. The guy cannot guard anyone that is quick and when he is missing his shots he allows the other teams to make big runs. I really hope that Melo and Amar'e don't suffer any late season injuries because Felton as the main offensive option is a guarentee 1st round sweep for the Knicks.

:agreed:, In our loses Felton has been horrible takes way to many shots and misses most if them .

knicksin60

Starter
Woodson leaving Felton in the game when he is chucking gives me negative flashbacks of Pat Riley not benching John Starks in game 7 of the finals.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
As I said on page three of this thread, I'm more thinking about Melo getting better. We will need him to beat the Nets. We won't see Houston in the playoffs or the Finals.

Rob Low

Rotation player
When Shump comes back he'll be the one guarding the other teams best perimeter player so I don't think that'll be too big of an issue come playoff time.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Now all these posts are blaming the loss on not having our 3 best players. We just beat the lakers and the heat without those same 3. And the rockets suck, they lost to the raptors. I mean if that makes you feel better about the loss then cool. I'm not too thrilled and I'm glad i missed it tonite i would have snapped at Felton shooting us out another game as is being suggested.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Also doesn't it bother anyone that melo doesn't play through injuries like other stars? He seems to sit out our biggest games and as great as he has been and i love every minute but he isn't exempt from critique. Like man up and play

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight .. the Knicks looked like to much going to Melo, and to much going to the peremeter for shots .. thats a picture of the Melo's Nuggets daze for 8 seasons, the team depended on Melo's 30 points for 82 games.

I believe Linsanity got a grudge against the Knicks organization ..
Lin is 2-0 on us

Kiyaman

Legend
How do u beat the Rockets .. put their bigmen in early foul trouble ..
but our soft-players want to shoot from the peremeter all game long

knicksin60

Starter
Tonight .. the Knicks looked like to much going to Melo, and to much going to the peremeter for shots .. thats a picture of the Melo's Nuggets daze for 8 seasons, the team depended on Melo's 30 points for 82 games.

I believe Linsanity got a grudge against the Knicks organization ..
Lin is 2-0 on us

Lin only plays well against the Knicks and when Harden is not in the lineup. He is a streaky player at best and far from the superstar player that he was last season.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I am so glad I wasn't able to see this train-wreck of a game.

From what I have seen in the box score, there are 2 positive things:

1- Tyson outrebounded a very good rebounder (Asik).

2- Copeland scored an efficient 29 points, wonderful from a rookie.

Again, I am glad I didn't see the game!!

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
I was at the game tonight and was a bit disappointed that many Knicks fans were booing Lin. Show some appreciation for last season.

Copeland looked very tough.

We didn't move the ball that well tonight which is why we lost. We also just didn't hit the 3's at a high rate.

Let's hope we get our mojo back soon!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Basketball is a strange sport sometimes....we blow out the Heat twice and get blown out by the Rockets twice!

We beat The Spurs and lose to The Mavericks.....there are gonna be games like this and teams that some how beat other teams consistently that on paper should not (remember how we could not seem to beat the Cavs in 2010!) Or remember how Isiah led Knick teams played The Finals bound Cavs team really well!

Kinda happy the home win streak is over

Look this is not an excuse but if Melo is truly the MVP of The League then we ought to lose games when he is not here....that said we should never ever fall behind at home by 23 pts (lost count if it got any hire than that) but this game has a different feel if Melo plays.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Basketball is a strange sport sometimes....we blow out the Heat twice and get blown out by the Rockets twice!

Actually, that's not strange at all.
It's called match-ups.

The rockets penentrate well, and they have some good shooters. Their guards are quick and crafty.

The heat backcourt is bad (Chalmers is an average PG, Wade is in the decline)

Whilst houston has Harden who is a very dangerous SG, and Lin who we know is a good penetrator.

So the way i see it, houston played on our weakness (defensively, our backcourt has an old slow defender in Kidd, yes he is a good defender, but he faces problems defending fast guards. And we have felton, who gets beaten by super fast guards in the defensive end)

What makes up for that previously mentioned weakness is our star, carmelo anthony.

Yes, we need shump back in order to beat a team like houston. With him, our backcourt is better defensively!

erivera

Benchwarmer
without melo who's going to be the main scoring option for this team? it has to be felton. copeland should get more opportunities but felton has to be the guy. let's not forget jr smith got into foul trouble early when he was hot. having to sit him tonight hurt. also we don't have our best perimeter defender on the court.

TakMan

Rotation player
This is what I was talking about when I fired a warning shot regarding Chandler's performance. He managed to guard a 33% FG D-Leaguer, in the paint, and turn him into a 50+% 20+ point player. Some people thought his performance vs Brooklyn was 'smart'. I guess when the team is winning many are oblivious to the hazard signs.

CoolClyde

so many monday morning QB's on here. Felton's fault, Chandler's fault, Wood Son's fault.
Novak = 1 triple. tonite was a weird nite, lots of players around the league sh*it the bed.

NY Giants got clobbered yesterday, Knicks looked terrible tonite (other than Hopeland), and the
NY Jets are the worst team in the NFL. heartbreaking losses all around. sad time for NYers.

Rockettes have Knicks number right now, Hardon is one of the best players in the league;
NYK did not guard the paint and Houston dominated the fast break points.

leave it to Wood Son to straighten the team out... stop pointing fingers, this home loss was inevitable,
as much as I hate Lin now, it was good to see him do well, let's hope it's the last time that happens.

I liked how Prigger/Copeland combo sparked team, let's hope Wood Son noticed too and keeps that going.
at least we have a bright spot to take away from this loss.
:gony:

smokes

Huge Member
This is what I was talking about when I fired a warning shot regarding Chandler's performance. He managed to guard a 33% FG D-Leaguer, in the paint, and turn him into a 50+% 20+ point player. Some people thought his performance vs Brooklyn was 'smart'. I guess when the team is winning many are oblivious to the hazard signs.

SMH... You need some new material.

petescud

Starter
Lin can say anything he wants-he wanted to show the MSG fans, he still had it...not a huge deal. We lost. We couldn't hit shots (even FT's)...we move on. Hey the heat lost to the Wizards..lol