Kobe Bryant has absolutely no idea about Linsanity (VIDEO)

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
LOL i would love to see Lin school the shit out of Kobe..
playin it off as if he dont know that Lin has been terrorizin some of the leagues top PGs...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Lin will get his points and assists still I think Lakers should win rather easily. Even if Chandler will somehow contain Bynum (which is unlikely) Gasol is gonna destroy Jeffries anyway. And Kobe is matched up against Landry Fields so expect 30 pts without breaking a sweat.

portega1968

El Cacique
He did not show much when he got garbage time at the beginning of the season when the Knicks visited the Lakers.

Kobe also likes to play mind games.

I feel like him having to guard Lin tonight is a matter of karma, will happen, and he Kobe too will become a believer!!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Kobe is the most recognized NBA active player all over the world, even in soccer fanatic Europe every kid knows him. Ask about LeBron or Melo and you'll see just shrugs. Seriously, do you think that Kobe pays attention to a guy who's had just three amazing games so far? People, how many guys like Lin Kobe's seen over his career?

finestrg

Rotation player
bullshit kobes not dumb

Yeah I agree -- Bullshit is right...He knows exactly who he is and what he's been up to. It's been all over sportscenter for days now...You mean not one guy's been talking about it at Laker practices, in the hotels, out to dinner, on the bus rides, in the locker room? Come on...He just wants to come off like Lin and anything Knicks is beneath him, the douche-bag..Hey that's fine..

Win or lose (and it's hard to think we could pull this one out without either STAT or Melo, let alone both), I just wanna see Lin continue to play well. If he plays well tonight against this Laker squad and Kobe, it's a win in my book. If Lin, Chandler and Fields (3 out of our 5 future starters when we return to full strength----Shump and Novak too - with Novak's deep money stroke, I'd like for him to remain a key reserve in this rotation now) all play decent tonight and help make this a game, I'll be happy. I'd like to see us come in all loosey-goosey tonight, feeling no pressure..To me the pressure's square on the Lakers to win this game handily, with the Knicks down their 2 stars. Hopefully they come in overconfident, tired & flat off the OT win last night against Boston and we can capitalize..

I wanna see Lin continue to take it right to the opposition -- tonight it's Derek Fisher/Steve Blake...And I'm sure Kobe's gonna look to check him at some point...F it, take it right to his punk ass too! Stay aggressive young man!!!

Last edited:
tonights game will offer a solid reminder to those who claim we are a better basketball team with out carmelo and amare

beating the wizards, nets, and an inconsistent young jazz team isnt beating the Lakers

Lin will come down to earth tonight, and we will be exposed for what we truly are

playing with out our two best players.

not hating or being negative

just speaking the truth.

There's a good chance that Kobe hasn't been following the progress of Lin. I mean, why should he, especially when he's not playing against him?

Kobe has his own team and upcoming games to worry about. Most players don't know much about the other teams (former bench players) until the night before they actually play them. With such a cramp season filled with back to backs and little time for family,friends and self (and practice)....don't be surprised if he knows little about a pg that has just come of the end of the bench to beat STRUGGLING teams. As of now, Knick fans are just overly optimistic about Lin... including me. Sometimes this reaction will have the fan thinking everyone in the world is paying attention to what he/she is paying attention to. Unfortunately, this is not always the case...we are not the center of the NBA, not yet.

J-Lin's real test against real competition starts 2nite. :gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
After watchinig the video i think those fake reporters are subtly poking fun at Lin. Kobe stated at the beginning that he knew the name but wasn't familiar with his recent success. Still, the fake reporters continue to ask Kobe about Lin and attempt to make Kobe think Lin is equivalent to CP3 but then point to his 4 assists when Lin last played against the Lakers.

By now Kobe knows all about Lin and chances are he's not that impressed by the games and the competition it was done against. A guy like Kobe is only concerned about his team winning.

petescud

Starter
Well it took a last second shot to beat Boston (i watched the 4th Qtr). I think Pau will destroy Jeffries though. And yes, Landry is no matchup for Kobe. Still hoping for a miracle and a win though as the Lakers have struggled on the road. Go Knicks

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Kobe is one of the great actors in this league.
Don't surprise me.

The Lakers are a tough task for Lin. They got 2 good shot blockers in the middle (Gasol & Bynum). I'm sure the Lakers will run underneath the screens and force Lin to take outside jumpers.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
There's a good chance that Kobe hasn't been following the progress of Lin. I mean, why should he, especially when he's not playing against him?

Kobe has his own team and upcoming games to worry about. Most players don't know much about the other teams (former bench players) until the night before they actually play them. With such a cramp season filled with back to backs and little time for family,friends and self (and practice)....don't be surprised if he knows little about a pg that has just come of the end of the bench to beat STRUGGLING teams. As of now, Knick fans are just overly optimistic about Lin... including me. Sometimes this reaction will have the fan thinking everyone in the world is paying attention to what he/she is paying attention to. Unfortunately, this is not always the case...we are not the center of the NBA, not yet.

J-Lin's real test against real competition starts 2nite. :gony:

Thank you... These professionals aren't sitting on their couch watching ESPN like us. They wake up practice.. play games... then go to sleep and prepare to do it all over again... BUT... if we win tonight trust me EVERYONE will know who Lin is.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
REPORTER: Tomorrow night you go to New York and you deal with the Linsanity, you been following that story at all?

Kobe: WHAT?

lol

Lin is going to have his hands full tonight trying to go up against the twin towers. Jorts would of been ideal to have this game jorts could of spread the floor and hold his own down low, giving Lin more room to penetrate.Gasols going to mop the floor with jeffries/novak. We all know dantoni's going to play novak at the 4 when jeff comes out hope the shot's fall tonight im expectin a load of 3's.

Lin will get his points and assists still I think Lakers should win rather easily. Even if Chandler will somehow contain Bynum (which is unlikely) Gasol is gonna destroy Jeffries anyway. And Kobe is matched up against Landry Fields so expect 30 pts without breaking a sweat.

What? Are you serious bro?

Chandler is a beast, he contained everybody so far, even Dwight Howard. He'll give Bynum some....be sure of that. Jeffries locked people down the last couple of games. Gasol is very skilled and all, but he's also a bitch and JJ will give him a run for his money....It's an even matchup on defense imo, except for stupid 'superstar' calls from the refs in favor of Gaysol.

You're right about Kobe though, for all the great things he can do, defending is not a strength of that boy Fields. Kobe will destroy him without even shifting to second gear.

Under normal circumstances this should bea rather easy win for the Lakers, but I have faith in our guys :thumbsup:

You HAVE to be the most negative poster on this site. Are you really a Knicks fan or just a troll? :whack:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What? Are you serious bro?

Chandler is a beast, he contained everybody so far, even Dwight Howard. He'll give Bynum some....be sure of that. Jeffries locked people down the last couple of games. Gasol is very skilled and all, but he's also a bitch and JJ will give him a run for his money....It's an even matchup on defense imo, except for stupid 'superstar' calls from the refs in favor of Gaysol.

You're right about Kobe though, for all the great things he can do, defending is not a strength of that boy Fields. Kobe will destroy him without even shifting to second gear.

Under normal circumstances this should bea rather easy win for the Lakers, but I have faith in our guys :thumbsup:
ay who plays Starting SF for Lakers? world peace? if so im doubling the $hit out of kobe with fields and walker and living with the results from artest that man cant shoot worth spit.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
maybe it takes kobe going off on fields but at some point you're gonna see shump on kobe and he wont shut him down but he'll throw him off his game with those quick hands.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
maybe it takes kobe going off on fields but at some point you're gonna see shump on kobe and he wont shut him down but he'll throw him off his game with those quick hands.

Yea.. Shump on Kobe is gonna be interesting to see...