Knicks' D'Antoni prepared for success despite unchanged roster

Paul1355

All Star
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3611773&w_cid=widgets:scoreboard:nba:

Looks like he is thinking Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins will be great... he says: "I really think that the talent surprised me, there's a lot of young guys that are very good and we can do well with what we have."

umm were did he mention Mardy Collins? We know he likes Wilson Chandler by listening to interveiws with him and Walsh, they sound like they think Wilson has the most potential our of every young player on this team.

Collins shot 36% in the summer league games. He did not impress. I wish he did, but he didn't. There is a slim chance he will get sufficient playing time.

Paul1355

All Star
he said young players, meaning, Chandler, Collins, Roberson, and probably Gallinari

Just saying that Collins could be dropped with all these new guys. His time to to get minutes was to impress in the summer league and he really didn't impress at all. Chandler and Roberson impressed and Gallo got hurt so he got a pass. Collins is the only one that played and didn't do that good....just don't be surprised if he is a reserve.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just saying that Collins could be dropped with all these new guys. His time to to get minutes was to impress in the summer league and he really didn't impress at all. Chandler and Roberson impressed and Gallo got hurt so he got a pass. Collins is the only one that played and didn't do that good....just don't be surprised if he is a reserve.

There is something left out, but dont feel bad because alot of people leave out these small things.
Everytime Mardy Collins were on the court with Wilson Chandler, Roberson, and even Gallo, their performance improved and went up a level (they had confidence in Collins).
It was simular to Allan Houston performance with Ward, or Patrick Ewing with Oakley, its having confidence in your teammate.

Dantoni is saying something we all knew and know, that Isiah did put some talented young players on this team that playingtime will boost their confidence and performance.

This same article on the 27th of Sept. was Dantoni trying to justify and add clarity for Donnie Walsh 26th early morning interview meeting Friday with the same ESPN reporters.

NEW YORK -- The pause between the question and Donnie Walsh's answer was so long, you actually began counting. Two seconds, three seconds, four ?

What, Walsh had been asked, had been his biggest accomplishment of the offseason aside from hiring Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

Walsh, however, is different, and evasiveness has never been one of his strong suits.
So after pondering that particular question longer than he pondered any other Friday during a 45-minute meeting with reporters and columnists, Walsh spoke the truth:

"Um," he said before his prolonged pause, "I haven't accomplished anything. I had to think about that, but I haven't accomplished anything yet.

"But I haven't said I did either, except to form a plan, I guess, and I'm going by that plan. We're going to see what guys on this team we can keep, and what guys we can't."

The last sentence should catch your eye the most when Walsh was at the last 18 Knick Games last season. It was his decision to let Isiah Thomas continue coaching the team. Rather than see the reaction of the players when a coaching change is made.

Donnie Walsh interview sounds like he was hired in August, and Dantoni interview sounds as if the Knicks are still in Vegas playing the SL games where veteran players came to work out too...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think that just having allan houston and a healthy marbury back will make us a better team. I dont have high expectations but i wouldnt be suprised if we exceed most peoples expectations, which im guessing is around 30 wins.

Like Queensbridge rapper Tragedy Khadafi said 3 years ago:

"I feel im needed like the knicks need Marbury"

Thats still the case, hes the only player on this team thats capable of leading us to the playoffs and a 1st round embarrassing exit, which wouldnt be his fault. He will be deserving of alotta praise if he can just get this group of clowns to the playoffs. If he can do this even the haters will be on his dikk (no homo). :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
I think that just having allan houston and a healthy marbury back will make us a better team. I dont have high expectations but i wouldnt be suprised if we exceed most peoples expectations, which im guessing is around 30 wins.

Like Queensbridge rapper Tragedy Khadafi said 3 years ago:

"I feel im needed like the knicks need Marbury"

Thats still the case, hes the only player on this team thats capable of leading us to the playoffs and a 1st round embarrassing exit, which wouldnt be his fault. He will be deserving of alotta praise if he can just get this group of clowns to the playoffs. If he can do this even the haters will be on his dikk (no homo). :lol:

SG-Allan Houston performance always needed a Defensive PG-Ward or Childs for him to be trully a threat to Knick oponents.

Marburys is another story, the only SG that I've seen Marbury most effective with consistantly to make his team a big threat to their oponents were SG-Steven Jackson when they were on the Nets.

I have watched in Marbury career where teammates have meshed well with Marbury to win a couple of games and then they just stop.
And you dont see it again from the two.

Paul1355

All Star
There is something left out, but dont feel bad because alot of people leave out these small things.
Everytime Mardy Collins were on the court with Wilson Chandler, Roberson, and even Gallo, their performance improved and went up a level (they had confidence in Collins).
It was simular to Allan Houston performance with Ward, or Patrick Ewing with Oakley, its having confidence in your teammate.

Dantoni is saying something we all knew and know, that Isiah did put some talented young players on this team that playingtime will boost their confidence and performance.

That is true...maybe Mardy helps the players out a little bit. BUT he can't help himself and improve his own offensive game. It's great to help the team, but if you can only score shooting 36% in a summer league game...that is garbage compared to every other guard in the NBA. Maybe they had confidence in Collins because he was one of the guys on the Knicks team that had a few years experience. Just that he didn't impress enough to stand out like Chandler and Roberson did.