The Symphony Of Science

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
A stepping stone.

This is not all of SOS's videos. If you enjoy them, let them inspire you to look further in to the miracle that is existence!

RIP - Carl Sagan - Thanks to LJ for the inspiration.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Crazy⑧s;158108 said:
Enlightened/bitter

Lighten up, crazy8s.

I am sorry you were offended, but I was not speaking about the content, which, to me, is interesting. It is just funny to watch and listen to this because it mixes weird pictures, voice alteration, techno music and funny pictures of old people, moving in slow-motion.

It is basically like dropping shrooms.

As for atheism, I respect atheism, when it is devoid of cynicism and bitterness toward theism. Mean-spirited atheism is, to me, like mean-spirited theism, not conducive to building bridges with one another, which will ultimately make it so that we can all be connected by mutual respect and compassion.

PEACE, brother.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lighten up, crazy8s.

I am sorry you were offended, but I was not speaking about the content, which, to me, is interesting. It is just funny to watch and listen to this because it mixes weird pictures, voice alteration, techno music and funny pictures of old people, moving in slow-motion.

It is basically like dropping shrooms.

As for atheism, I respect atheism, when it is devoid of cynicism and bitterness toward theism. Mean-spirited atheism is, to me, like mean-spirited theism, not conducive to building bridges with one another, which will ultimately make it so that we can all be connected by mutual respect and compassion.

PEACE, brother.

Oop..Sorry.

I presumed you were of other intent.

It is interesting, isn't it!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Crazy⑧s;158304 said:
Oop..Sorry.

I presumed you were of other intent.

It is interesting, isn't it!

Definitely: in addition to being fascinating, I just thought they were so funny. I should have made that clear. My favorite was #2, with Hawkings.

I watched all four, plus some others on youtube. They aren't really attacking religion, but, rather, they are promoting the spirituality of atheism, science, etc. I am all for that.

I support people trying to find the beauty inherent in real spirituality, which is not what one gets from focusing on religious rules and bickering over trivialities.

At the same time, atheism can also become rules-based and self-righteous.

We need to respect others, no matter what, as part of what we believe.

Good post.

PEACE

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Definitely: in addition to being fascinating, I just thought they were so funny. I should have made that clear. My favorite was #2, with Hawkings.

I watched all four, plus some others on youtube. They aren't really attacking religion, but, rather, they are promoting the spirituality of atheism, science, etc. I am all for that.

I support people trying to find the beauty inherent in real spirituality, which is not what one gets from focusing on religious rules and bickering over trivialities.

At the same time, atheism can also become rules-based and self-righteous.

We need to respect others, no matter what, as part of what we believe.

Good post.

PEACE

Personally, I can't see what's more spiritually uplifting than being interlinked with every infinitesimal part of something as amazing as the universe.

If there are any rules to be applied, IMO, the most outstanding is to be a protecter of this one, great amalgamation of life! It was/is/continues to be everything.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Crazy⑧s;158435 said:
Personally, I can't see what's more spiritually uplifting than being interlinked with every infinitesimal part of something as amazing as the universe.

If there are any rules to be applied, IMO, the most outstanding is to be a protecter of this one, great amalgamation of life! It was/is/continues to be everything.

If you listen to video #2, you hear a woman say that science is the mind of God. This is a huge abstraction, like that of much of spirituality, which is great. That's deep! I try to urge atheists to think like her: immerse themselves in finding meaning in science or "reality," independent of antagonism toward religion. However, this all still requires abstraction: it is just how our mind works.

Unfortunately, many atheists I have met find meaning in being antagonistic toward religion. This makes them suffer: frustration, wanting to control others, by changing them, etc., needlessly. One cannot avoid suffering, if being antagonistic. I think we can propose our ideas, but we must respect others [in the process] and even be ready to see some beauty in their beliefs.

And religion is not just about people pseudo-scientifically explaining the world to themselves, though many foolishly do. I know that religion does not, in many instances, tell me about the physical world. Many others realize this. We love these figures and books for much deeper, non-scientific reasons. This is why people will always have faith.

For example, to me, spirituality, learning about, and from, The Buddha, Jesus, Krishna (Hinduism), Mahavir (Jainism), Nanak (Sikhism), Lao Tzu (Taoism), the various Saints [from amongst the religions], is about the very practical teachings they blessed us with. They tell us how we can be happy, right now (not in heaven or paradise), how to overcome suffering, how to be compassionate, how to find the shame that brings our egotistical fortresses tumbling down, and, most importantly, how to truly love.

Found in both theism and atheism, it is the icy, neglected, mechanical heart that has been the perpetual foe of inner progress. We are not empirical machines.

Last edited: