Latest Boozer rumor: to Knicks for David Lee

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That article has to be a joke.

A potential trade for Lee could cause an interesting conundrum for the Jazz, since both he and Paul Millsap play the same position and have comparable statistics. But such a move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base — given Lee's reputation for solid defense and hustle play.

...lolwut?

New New York

Quiet Storm

A potential trade for Lee could cause an interesting conundrum for the Jazz, since both he and Paul Millsap play the same position and have comparable statistics. But such a move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base ? given Lee's reputation for solid defense and hustle play.

...lolwut?

We should read into it this way..... "Such move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base- given Lee's clean reputation and lack of skin tone"

LOL

Utah does not want nor need Lee!

But, Lee is a good hustle player, and only a few people outside The Knick fan base knows how bad he is on defense

Paul1355

All Star

A potential trade for Lee could cause an interesting conundrum for the Jazz, since both he and Paul Millsap play the same position and have comparable statistics. But such a move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base ? given Lee's reputation for solid defense and hustle play.

...lolwut?

Lee is probably one of the worst defending big men in the NBA....whoever said that doesn't know what they're talking about. Period.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I think it would be a "ok" move. I means come on, get rid of David Lee?????? What's on thier mind to get rid of him? He and Nate are the only two Knicks that stepped way up this past season. They are the reason the Knicks' record improved from the season before. Getting rid of one of their key players is a dumb move.
But it is a "ok" move becuase we get back a good player in return. Carl Boozer is not a player to get. He's strong and a better shooter but we'll see.
My vote is to stay with Lee because you don't wanna lost the fans and Lee is a crowd favorite.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We should read into it this way..... "Such move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base- given Lee's clean reputation and lack of skin tone"

You're absolutely right with this. I live in Colorado and Utah is one of the most racist states I've been in.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I think it would be a "ok" move. I means come on, get rid of David Lee?????? What's on thier mind to get rid of him? He and Nate are the only two Knicks that stepped way up this past season. They are the reason the Knicks' record improved from the season before. Getting rid of one of their key players is a dumb move.
But it is a "ok" move becuase we get back a good player in return. Carl Boozer is not a player to get. He's strong and a better shooter but we'll see.
My vote is to stay with Lee because you don't wanna lost the fans and Lee is a crowd favorite.

It is the smart thing to rid ourselves of Lee's 12 mil per year request. The Knicks improve but over Nate and Lee career the Knicks haven't won more than 33 games in a season. By re-signing Lee to his stupid contract request won't allow us to sign anybody next offseason. Lee padded his stats all season long not going after block shots to stay in games and add to his double-double stats. Lee is a good player on the 6 mil per year base, had it been close to that he would of been back already. The pickup of Milicic and Hill allow us to free Lee and get something in return and gives us financial relief for next season. Makes you wonder what type of team player Lee really is?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
We all know the sports media is full of 5hit. They claim Lebron is superior to Kobe, when Lebron chokes in almost every playoff season.

They call Gasol Gasoft, when the Lakers simply had poor PG play and Kobe shooting 40% in the '08 finals.

It's just hard to respect anything they have to say.

As for Lee, as someone else stated, he is "one of the worst defensive bigs in the NBA." The guy moves out of the way of penetration, can't seem to provide competent defensive help or rotate to an offensive play on time.

Lee, defensively speaking, is a slimmer, whiter version of Eddy Curry.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
What does that mean? Defensively, he's whiter than Eddy Curry?
He said a slimmer, whiter version of Curry. Basically below average defenders except D Lee is an excelent rebounder.

On the other hand if he was a beast of a defender he will prolly be more like in the 13-15 mill range thou.

Imagine if his line was somthing like this: 16-18PPG, 12-13RPG, 2SPG, 2APG, 2.5BPG, .560FG%.

Then he will be a whither version of D Howard. LOOOL.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He said a slimmer, whiter version of Curry. Basically below average defenders except D Lee is an excelent rebounder.

On the other hand if he was a beast of a defender he will prolly be more like in the 13-15 mill range thou.

Imagine if his line was somthing like this: 16-18PPG, 12-13RPG, 2SPG, 2APG, 2.5BPG, .560FG%.

Then he will be a whither version of D Howard. LOOOL.

I was just joking with him since race is a touchy subject with him. I knew what he meant.

TheDA

Rookie
D Lee and No Defense

Have any of my fellow Knick fans considered D Lee was instructed to NOT play defense to avoid fouls??? I can't believe his matador style D is his best effort.

Any player that dunks the way he does has good timing and could easily block more shots. When the time is right ( i.e. - playoff contender) I'm sure we'll see a change for the better.

clumsy

Rotation player
Not possible. Seeing how D'Antoni yells at him everytime it is a close game in the 4th quarter and he blows his assignments.