Jamal Crawford?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Note: This thread isn't for the people who want another max contract.

If our plan isn't to get another max, we're obviously going for a center. We know the main guys for that position, which include the up and coming DeAndre Jordan.

I know Crawford didn't leave the best impression on a lot of Knicks fans, but his run with the Hawks has given them a very good scorer off the bench (in fact he was good in the few games he played as a starter for us in the 2008-2009 season).

Would you be willing to get a center, Crawford, and another defensive player (vet. minimum)?

Of course, how much money he'd be willing to give up would be the deciding factor. In game 2 he would have been huge to take the pressure off Melo, whether giving him a little rest or giving Melo a significant amount of being able to go more one on one instead of being double/triple-teamed.

He's been great in the Playoffs this year, having a big game to help the Hawks beat the Magic in game 1 and having 25 points in game 2, in which the Magic didn't win by much.

Forget about the Isiah Thomas days, Crawford has succeeded since, so has Zack Randolph.

Only one other player I can think of at the moment, who would probably take less than Crawford, unless Crawford wants to play in New York that much, is Vince Carter. Put Vince Carter as the back-up point guard or even starting SG, and you have another play-maker. Only thing with Vince is the Magic and Suns take a lot of threes, and he played more like a spot-up shooter, which is not his game, I don't know if D'Antoni would do the same with him. Vince also would have to be bought out.

I'd love to get DeAndre Jordan, and Crawford to take less enough to let Turiaf be able to back up DeAndre, but I don't see that happening.

While we're at it, we must get Jeffries back for his defense, he's stepped it up, and won't ask for much most likely again.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
I actually liked Jamal when he was a Knick but at this point I don't think he's what this team needs. We already have our big shot makers in Melo & STAT, & TD can make shots too at times. What this team needs is better defenders & toughness inside. I'd much rather target a smart & heady vet that brings it on the defensive end of the floor but can still make open shots like a Raja Bell via trade then to sign Jamal Crawford longterm for example if we're going to try & add another G to this roster.

la2ny

Starter
I actually liked Jamal when he was a Knick but at this point I don't think he's what this team needs. We already have our big shot makers in Melo & STAT, & TD can make shots too at times. What this team needs is better defenders & toughness inside. I'd much rather target a smart & heady vet that brings it on the defensive end of the floor but can still make open shots like a Raja Bell via trade then to sign Jamal Crawford longterm for example if we're going to try & add another G to this roster.
Well I see what your saying but besides Melo tonight, who did we have to step up when Stat was gone?Lets look at our guards off the bench:

Toney Douglas-Had he played well tonight we most likely would have won, instead he made only 4 shots out of 16.

Landry Fields-He has hit more than a wall, he has hit a mountain! This guy should be no more than a bench energy guard like Turiaf is for the PF/C position.

Bill Walker-0-11 nuff said...

Roger Mason-Guy doesn't even play and when he did he airballed a wideopen three in a crucial moment.

Out of these guys who can we rely on consistently? We don't really have a 6th man. Every great team has one, LA has L.O., Boston has Big Baby, Miami has Mike Miller, Chicago has Korver, Dallas has Terry when Caron was healthy, etc. If we got Crawford for cheap we wouldn't have to worry about getting some production off our bench because he would bring instant offense and decent 'D'.

Oh, and BTW Raja Bell is washed up. If anyone I'd go after Matt Barnes. Plays 'D', can shoot the 3, and is crazy which every title team needs.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
If I can get Jamal and Deandre. I'll be a happy camper.
Billups/Douglas/Carter
Jamal/Fields/Walker
Melo/Williams
Stat/Jeffries
Jordan/Turiaf

Looks like a contending team =D. Not sure how the CBA will work though. Gunna have to wait and see

STAT1

Starter
Well I see what your saying but besides Melo tonight, who did we have to step up when Stat was gone?Lets look at our guards off the bench:

Toney Douglas-Had he played well tonight we most likely would have won, instead he made only 4 shots out of 16.

Landry Fields-He has hit more than a wall, he has hit a mountain! This guy should be no more than a bench energy guard like Turiaf is for the PF/C position.

Bill Walker-0-11 nuff said...

Roger Mason-Guy doesn't even play and when he did he airballed a wideopen three in a crucial moment.

Out of these guys who can we rely on consistently? We don't really have a 6th man. Every great team has one, LA has L.O., Boston has Big Baby, Miami has Mike Miller, Chicago has Korver, Dallas has Terry when Caron was healthy, etc. If we got Crawford for cheap we wouldn't have to worry about getting some production off our bench because he would bring instant offense and decent 'D'.

Oh, and BTW Raja Bell is washed up. If anyone I'd go after Matt Barnes. Plays 'D', can shoot the 3, and is crazy which every title team needs.

I made Bell an example more to outline the type of player I'd rather target over Jamal, even though I'm not sure I necessarily agree with you that he's washed up. Matt Barnes would be a great choice too, I agree with you there, I thought the Knicks should have gone after him this past offseason. I just don't think we need any more shot launchers. As much as I appreciated the big shots that Jamal used to make for us you gotta admit his shot selection has been shaky his entire career, we don't really need that on a team with proven scorers like Melo, STAT, Chauncey & a guy like TD who can also get hot in any given game. Yes tonight we struggled for any offense other than Melo who was sensational, but that doesn't make the case to bring Jamal on board if you ask me. Also, Jamal's defense has usually been very shoddy as well, I think what we need more of is defensive minded role players that can knock down open jumpers if we're looking to target perimeter guys. Roger Mason's a FA this summer anyway so we'll be looking for replacements inevitably to shore up our bench depth at the G position. Unless Landry Fields works hard on his shooting off the dribble skills this summer, in which case he could help to fill some of that need for added offense outside of our big 3. But I definitely agree we need a more consistent scoring threat as our 6th man because TD is so hit or miss on a nightly basis. Maybe he just needs to take that next step towards being that this summer & getting more consistent on his J?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I made Bell an example more to outline the type of player I'd rather target over Jamal, even though I'm not sure I necessarily agree with you that he's washed up. Matt Barnes would be a great choice too, I agree with you there, I thought the Knicks should have gone after him this past offseason. I just don't think we need any more shot launchers. As much as I appreciated the big shots that Jamal used to make for us you gotta admit his shot selection has been shaky his entire career, we don't really need that on a team with proven scorers like Melo, STAT, Chauncey & a guy like TD who can also get hot in any given game. Yes tonight we struggled for any offense other than Melo who was sensational, but that doesn't make the case to bring Jamal on board if you ask me. Also, Jamal's defense has usually been very shoddy as well, I think what we need more of is defensive minded role players that can knock down open jumpers if we're looking to target perimeter guys. Roger Mason's a FA this summer anyway so we'll be looking for replacements inevitably to shore up our bench depth at the G position. Unless Landry Fields works hard on his shooting off the dribble skills this summer, in which case he could help to fill some of that need for added offense outside of our big 3. But I definitely agree we need a more consistent scoring threat as our 6th man because TD is so hit or miss on a nightly basis. Maybe he just needs to take that next step towards being that this summer & getting more consistent on his J?
Jamal has gone on to win the 6th Man Of The Year award. Granted I haven't watched him much, but he's been said to be better, maybe much better with his shot selection.

The thing with Amar'e and Melo is that Amar'e isn't really a threat every night, as in, he doesn't always convert, turns over the ball too much some games. Amar'e still can rebound and block shots though, and still, teams needs to have a game plan defensively for him, so I'm not knocking Amar'e. Jamal would break down defense and score significantly.

If not Jamal, we still could use a pick n' roll player, but WHO? During the game last night, I saw a couple of times, if Nash was on our team, Amar'e would have gotten the ball and slammed it on somebody. I'm not a basketball expert, but I've seen Nash enough to know those would have resulted in points. Melo did it with Turiaf, but we can't put him at PG, I don't think, especially in situations such as last night. Anybody play good pick n' roll who you think we might be able to draft?

STAT1

Starter
Jamal has gone on to win the 6th Man Of The Year award. Granted I haven't watched him much, but he's been said to be better, maybe much better with his shot selection.

The thing with Amar'e and Melo is that Amar'e isn't really a threat every night, as in, he doesn't always convert, turns over the ball too much some games. Amar'e still can rebound and block shots though, and still, teams needs to have a game plan defensively for him, so I'm not knocking Amar'e. Jamal would break down defense and score significantly.

If not Jamal, we still could use a pick n' roll player, but WHO? During the game last night, I saw a couple of times, if Nash was on our team, Amar'e would have gotten the ball and slammed it on somebody. I'm not a basketball expert, but I've seen Nash enough to know those would have resulted in points. Melo did it with Turiaf, but we can't put him at PG, I don't think, especially in situations such as last night. Anybody play good pick n' roll who you think we might be able to draft?

I've watched him in several games as a Hawk & he's still taking bad shots on a nightly basis & his defense is still very shoddy. He does get hot & is still a dynamic offensive threat off the bench, no question, but he's very inconsistent as well very reminiscent of Al Harrington in terms of the offense he brought off the bench but also the warts of bad shot selection & lack of commitment to playing quality defense. As opposed to guys like Jamal & Al, I think what this current roster needs more of is guys like Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin, Raja Bell, Jeff Foster, DeShawn Stevenson, Aaron Afflalo, Reggie Evans, etc., defensively committed & more importantly smart players that know how to play to situations during games. If you're looking for a bigger name than role players like that, maybe Caron Butler would be the perfect 6th man option? JR Smith is also a potential FA this summer but he brings a lot of the same shoddy shot selection & lack of defensive intensity you get out of Jamal, but he does have experience playing with Chauncey & Melo for years & has been successful so he might be a better option if you wanna go the offensive route. There's also Wilson Chandler who is a RFA this summer we might be able to target to bring back to his old stomping grounds in a system he's very familiar with already. But neither Butler, Smith nor Chandler will come cheap.

As for a G who could run the PnR, someone like Steve Blake via trade (maybe for Turiaf?) or TJ Ford as a FA might be options, though I think MDA has an affection for Toney Douglas & won't soon give up on him as the backup option off the bench anytime soon.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've watched him in several games as a Hawk & he's still taking bad shots on a nightly basis & his defense is still very shoddy. He does get hot & is still a dynamic offensive threat off the bench, no question, but he's very inconsistent as well very reminiscent of Al Harrington in terms of the offense he brought off the bench but also the warts of bad shot selection & lack of commitment to playing quality defense. As opposed to guys like Jamal & Al, I think what this current roster needs more of is guys like Matt Barnes, Kenyon Martin, Raja Bell, Jeff Foster, DeShawn Stevenson, Aaron Afflalo, Reggie Evans, etc., defensively committed & more importantly smart players that know how to play to situations during games. If you're looking for a bigger name than role players like that, maybe Caron Butler would be the perfect 6th man option? JR Smith is also a potential FA this summer but he brings a lot of the same shoddy shot selection & lack of defensive intensity you get out of Jamal, but he does have experience playing with Chauncey & Melo for years & has been successful so he might be a better option if you wanna go the offensive route. There's also Wilson Chandler who is a RFA this summer we might be able to target to bring back to his old stomping grounds in a system he's very familiar with already. But neither Butler, Smith nor Chandler will come cheap.

As for a G who could run the PnR, someone like Steve Blake via trade (maybe for Turiaf?) or TJ Ford as a FA might be options, though I think MDA has an affection for Toney Douglas & won't soon give up on him as the backup option off the bench anytime soon.
J.R. Smith has been passing good lately from what I've seen, even in Game 1 on Sunday, but I get what you mean. You've watched Crawford on the Hawks a lot more than me probably so yeah. I'd say he's better than Harrington though. Harrington had brutal nights when he was with us. I'll take bad shots over somebody who shoots any chance he gets. I like Harrington, he played with heart, but he ball hogged in several games with us.

I feel we should keep Turiaf so I dunno. Don't know much about Steve Blake's game. I know he can shoot the three and have heard he has a high basketball IQ.

Kenyon Martin would be very good, maybe Reggie Evans too since he gets a lot of rebounds (haven't watched him much though). Seems like a hustler.

Maybe we could trade for Nate? As long as we don't trade Turiaf or one of the other guys in our regular rotation I don't see why not (other than D'Antoni).

STAT1

Starter
J.R. Smith has been passing good lately from what I've seen, even in Game 1 on Sunday, but I get what you mean. You've watched Crawford on the Hawks a lot more than me probably so yeah. I'd say he's better than Harrington though. Harrington had brutal nights when he was with us. I'll take bad shots over somebody who shoots any chance he gets. I like Harrington, he played with heart, but he ball hogged in several games with us.

I feel we should keep Turiaf so I dunno. Don't know much about Steve Blake's game. I know he can shoot the three and have heard he has a high basketball IQ.

Kenyon Martin would be very good, maybe Reggie Evans too since he gets a lot of rebounds (haven't watched him much though). Seems like a hustler.

Maybe we could trade for Nate? As long as we don't trade Turiaf or one of the other guys in our regular rotation I don't see why not (other than D'Antoni).

I wouldn't wanna trade Turiaf either he's our only C right now. I would only consider it if we were able to address our need at the C position with other players.

I doubt Nate Robinson has any chance to be back here as long as MDA & Donnie Walsh are running the show. He's way too much of a distraction with his ADD tendencies IMO, even though he's got talent & the ability to take over a game when he's on. I think the Knicks have moved on from him so we should probably as well.

Jamal?

No thanks, he's out of control when it comes to shot selection. Good shooter, but he isn't afraid to take 20 shots a game with 50% of that beeing bad shots.

PLus he doesn't play defense at all.

Maybe Houston/Walsh will take another look at Azubuike when he's fully healthy again. Could be a bargain for a minimum contract. He was great in Oakland.

Jamal?

No thanks, he's out of control when it comes to shot selection. Good shooter, but he isn't afraid to take 20 shots a game with 50% of that beeing bad shots.

PLus he doesn't play defense at all.

Maybe Houston/Walsh will take another look at Azubuike when he's fully healthy again. Could be a bargain for a minimum contract. He was great in Oakland.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I think we should sign Michael Pietrus, He's a great defender and is a great role player.

finestrg

Rotation player
Jamal would definitely help. He's doing a good job for the Hawks, coming off the bench as their primary sixth man scorer...Absolutely we could use that type of firepower coming off our own bench..I'm just scared to death of adding any kind of large veteran salaries right now. Been there, done that with IT and it got us nowhere...I don't think throwing money at a problem is necessarily the answer in the NBA..We've found that out the hard way for years.. To me you gotta be damn sure whatever veteran salary you're thinking about adding puts you over the top or at least in the same conversation with that small group of elite/championship-level teams. Otherwise, there's no point..Ask yourselves, does Jamal Crawford put us on that Laker level? I think maintaining flexibility for 2012 when guys like Chris Paul become available should remain one of the top priorities..

So where does that leave us? Well, we could use that type of player though, most definitely, just not at that salary level. 6'5" Providence SG Marshon Brooks is that type of player and we could get him for a much better price than we could ever get Crawford (I think Brooks might be an even better all-around player than Crawford anyway)...We could make the decision to get him in the draft at 17 for about $1.61M to start on a rookie contract or purchase an early 2nd rounder where maybe we grab him for an even better price (Despite no love in most of the major mocks, I can't see Brooks lasting to the 2nd round myself. He should be there around 17 however, unless he kills it in individual workouts and goes even higher....I understand there's a dire need for frontcourt help as well which makes this draft super tough not to misfire, but I just think with the possibility of losing Walker (who, let's face it, isn't really that good anyway) as well as Mason Jr, Shawne Williams (can't wait to see what this dude wants to return after resurrecting his career the way he did this year -- we may have to let him walk if he demands too much), Andy Rautins (I have a funny feeling he may not be part of the plans here and could be dealt) and even Landry Fields (we still have him under control next year but after that, esp. if he excels next season, we could lose him too if some team comes along and extends a hefty offer sheet [say something Wes Matthews got from Portland] that may be too rich for our blood). This is why I think beefing up the 2/3 positions is important and why I think drafting a guy like Brooks, may be the right move, maybe even over drafting a big such as Faried, Jordan Williams, Trey Thompkins, Tristan Thompson or JaJuan Johnson.

finestrg

Rotation player
I just want them to keep a close eye on all of the following players for different reasons and be ready to draft, trade for in order to draft or sign any of them at a moment's notice:

Draft at 17:
1 Marshon Brooks - great firepower of the bench at a good price. Great 3rd option to go along with Amar'e & Melo.
1a Jordan Williams - prefer his height and girth a little more over Faried I'm thinking.
Kenneth Faried - relentless hustle & defense. Just wish to God he was a little bigger.
Tristan Thompson - just a freshman, he's got some filling out and developing to do but man is this kid tough as nails or what? Could develop into a true force. Such an imposing presence.
Trey Thompkins - very good offensive player that can post & shoot with range but I'm not sure he's the rebounding presence we really need.
JaJuan Johnson - I like him, he does a lot of things well but he's a tad thin and I think the above bigs are a little better.

Acquire as many 2nd rounders as possible and consider drafting the following (we currently don't have a 2nd rounder--it went to the Lakers in the Toney Douglas deal):
Chandler Parsons - really like this kid's height, length, intagibles, versatility and surprising skill level. Could be a real nice replacement for Shawne Williams/Billy Walker. D'Antoni would love this kid. Might be as good a pro as Kyle Singler who's slated to go much earlier.
Demetri McCamey - 6'3" over 200 lb PG can really shoot the rock and distribute. Had a lot of problems with his head coach this year though which definitely raises a flag (Weber came out and questioned McCamey's desire publicly a couple of times and the two were contantly at odds). Nevertheless, I still like his game a lot. Good size for a point and his shooting & passing skills are superb. This guy's good value in the 2nd round even with the red flags.
Rick Jackson - a nice rebounder/shot-blocker if we can't get the big we need in the 1st round. Upgrade over Jeffries and/or Shelden Williams.
Keith Benson - he's more of a project than I first tought and he needs to add strength and polish to his game in the worst way but he wouldn't be terrible as a 2nd round pickup. May be no need if we sign Jerome Jordan and retain Turiaf.
Jon Diebler - 6'6" SG that was probably the best 3-pt shooter in college basketball this past season. Mike would love him and we could definitely use his shooting to spread the floor.

I'd jump all over these D-League standouts guys to fill out the roster on the cheap (all DL all-stars this year):
DeShawn Sims - 6'8" 225 lb rookie of the year in the D-League, can play both 3 and 4. Went for 20 & 8 a game..Scorer/rebounder -- good post up game, nice mid-range game, can put it on the floor & hit 3s. Good player for Michigan that's gotten even better.
Joe Alexander - ditto D Sims. Bigger hybrid 3/4 than can scorer and rebound. Still posesses that monster athleticism.
Sean Williams - looks a lot better this year from what I remember with the Nets, even from what I remember at BC. Seems more mature, his game and as a man. Saw him putting it on the floor this year and he's actually improved his touch from 10-15' and from the line. Can rebound and he's still a very good shot-blocker.
Curtis Stinson - MVP of the D-league and the DL's best PG by far. 6'3" 215 steady, strong/sturdy, good passer, solid penetrator, decent mid-range shooter. Regardless of what we do with Billups and TD I like Stinson as a 3rd PG for us in the A Carter mold with the possibility for more. Better player than Carter and a lot younger.
Marcus Cousin - Houston signed him to a non-gauranteed 3-yr deal for low money (something I wish we did). If he doesn't work out there and they cut him, I'm more than interested. 6'11" 255 C plays physical around the basket, rebounds well, can block a shot and has one of the prettiest mid-range jumper I've ever seen on a big man.
Jeff Adrien - if he doesn't resign with GS, I'm interested. I wouldn't be as interested in drafting a Ken Faried if I could secure this guy. DL's impact player of the year.
Chris Johnson - currently on Portland but if they sever ties, I'm interested. 6'11" great length, a little thin, but a quality shot-blocker than can score & rebound. DL's defensive player of the year.

Sign 7' C Jerome Jordan to a reasonable deal. Intergrate Andy Rautins, if not for his PG skills that they hoped would have developed by now, then for his smarts & shooting stroke in order to stretch the floor..

If we can put together a few of these guys on the cheap, we can really assemble a much better supporting cast around Amar'e and Melo, better than what we have now, while maintaining cap flexibility for the summer of 2012..Not to mention we might be able to use some of these guys as assets in the event a trade scenario opens up for a guy like Chris Paul by next year's deadline, similar to how we acquired Anthony.

Last edited:
I just want them to keep a close eye on all of the following players for different reasons and be ready to draft, trade for in order to draft or sign any of them at a moment's notice:

Draft at 17:
1 Marshon Brooks - great firepower of the bench at a good price. Great 3rd option to go along with Amar'e & Melo.
1a Jordan Williams - prefer his height and girth a little more over Faried I'm thinking.
Kenneth Faried - relentless hustle & defense. Just wish to God he was a little bigger.
Tristan Thompson - just a freshman, he's got some filling out and developing to do but man is this kid tough as nails or what? Could develop into a true force. Such an imposing presence.
Trey Thompkins - very good offensive player that can post & shoot with range but I'm not sure he's the rebounding presence we really need.
JaJuan Johnson - I like him, he does a lot of things well but he's a tad thin and I think the above bigs are a little better.

Acquire as many 2nd rounders as possible and consider drafting the following (we currently don't have a 2nd rounder--it went to the Lakers in the Toney Douglas deal):
Chandler Parsons - really like this kid's height, length, intagibles, versatility and surprising skill level. Could be a real nice replacement for Shawne Williams/Billy Walker. D'Antoni would love this kid. Might be as good a pro as Kyle Singler who's slated to go much earlier.
Demitri McCamey - 6'3" over 200 lb PG can really shoot the rock and distribute. Had a lot of problems with his head coach this year though which definitely raises a flag (Weber came out and questioned McCamey's desire publicly a couple of times and the two were contantly at odds). Nevertheless, I still like his game a lot. Good size for a point and his shooting & passing skills are superb. This guy's good value in the 2nd round even with the red flags.
Rick Jackson - a nice rebounder/shot-blocker if we can't get the big we need in the 1st round. Upgrade over Jeffries and/or Shelden Williams.
Keith Benson - he's more of a project than I first tought and he needs to add strength and polish to his game in the worst way but he wouldn't be terrible as a 2nd round pickup. May be no need if we sign Jerome Jordan and retain Turiaf.
Jon Diebler - 6'6" SG that was probably the best 3-pt shooter in college basketball this past season. Mike would love him and we could definitely use his shooting to spread the floor.

I'd jump all over these D-League standouts guys to fill out the roster on the cheap (all DL all-stars this year):
DeShawn Sims - 6'8" 225 rookie of the year D-League player can play both 3 and 4. Went for 20 & 8 a game..Scorer/rebounder -- good post up game, 3s, mid-range. Good player for Michigan that's gotten even better.
Joe Alexander - ditto D Sims. Bigger hybrid 3/4 than can scorer and rebound. Still posesses that monster athleticism.
Sean Williams - looks a lot better this year from what I remember with the Nets, even from what I remember at BC. Seems more mature, his game and as a man. Saw him putting it on the floor this year and he's actually improved his touch from 10-15' and from the line. Can rebound and he's still a very good shot-blocker.
Curtis Stinson - MVP of the D-league and the DL's best PG by far. 6'3" 215 steady, strong/sturdy, good passer, solid penetrator, decent mid-range shooter.
Marcus Cousin - Houston signed him to a non-gauranteed 3-yr deal for low money (something I wish we did). If he doesn't work out there and they cut him, I'm more than interested. 6'11" 255 C plays physical around the basket, rebounds well, can block a shot and has one of the prettiest mid-range jumper I've ever seen on a big man.
Jeff Adrien - if he doesn't resign with GS, I'm interested. I wouldn't be as interested in drafting a Ken Faried if I could secure this guy. DL's impact player of the year.
Chris Johnson - currently on Portland but if they sever ties, I'm interested. 6'11" great length, a little thin, but a quality shot-blocker than can score & rebound. DL's defensive player of the year.
I like Rick Jackson a lot, he reminds me of Dejaun Blair.
Faried+Jackson+Jerome Jordan+CP3 = championship.

finestrg

Rotation player
I like Rick Jackson a lot, he reminds me of Dejaun Blair.
Faried+Jackson+Jerome Jordan+CP3 = championship.

Add 6'10" PF Jermareo Davidson to the list of DL standouts we could possibly add on the cheap this off-season. 15.3/10.1/1.5 this year in the D-league. One way or another, we're gonna have to beef up the frontline significantly. No way around it..I'm so curious to see how they're gonna go about doing it.

FA 6'11" C Dwayne Jones (this guy led the DL last year with 16 rebs/game) and 2 6'6" FA SGs playing overseas, Sylven Landesberg (Israel) and AD Vassallo (France) are 3 more players I'm interested in on the cheap that I think could help us. As could 6'1" lefty PG Curtis Jerrells, a standout in the DL last season. Jerrells was signed by the Spurs last year, traded to New Orleans for a 2nd round pick and then waived...He signed on with a Serbian team, AA Partizan, for this year. I know the Spurs really liked him a lot when he was with them, they just didn't have the room at the time. This kid was a pretty good player at Baylor only a few years ago. Talent-wise this guy's not far off from Brandon Jennings, believe it or not...Very similar games.

We're gonna have multiple options to upgrade this roster w/o overspending. Whether they're gonna want to go that route, I have no idea..This is how I'd go about it right now.

Last edited:
I like crawford, he'll make a great Sixth man, IMO our starting units SG should be more of a defensive player (no slight on Crawford's D)
more like the Tony Allen's, Aaron Affalo's,Thabo Sefalosha's....

I also think Fields will be better as a sixth man in the playoffs. I can't stress how much this will improve his game and help the team when Stat and/or Melo is resting.