LeBron will likey re-sign this summer

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56102/20081220/report_lebron_could_re_sign_in_2009/

saw the story on espn and checked it out on realgm and it isnt a shocker to me

the Cavs are on a pace for 64-18 this year and have a serious chance at the title(they my pick), so why would he leave he'll get a max contract and will stay and push for the signing of one more player to make this team a dynasty

"You play out this season of course; I will consider it," James said Saturday. "The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

looks like we should change our 2010 plans

go for Wade and/or Bosh

JayJ44

Starter
I won't believe it till I see it. Until he actually signs it, it's just talk to appease the fans. Plus, no way the Cavs get past the Celtics this season, not enough talent. But I definitely wouldn't be dissapointed if we got Wade.:thumbsup:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the cavs took the celtics to 7 games last year and almost won game 7...and they didnt have Mo Williams and the chemistry wasn't as good as it is now, while the celtics lost P.J Brown(who hit big shots in game 7) and lost James Posey( a huge difference maker) but you could argue they're better now, they are both on a collision course to play for the conference title but ima go with the cavs in 6 LeBron will not come out struggling in the first few games like he did last year and he has a legit second option in Williams, the fact is LeBron loves Cleveland and he loves the way they're playing right now especially with the pace they're on and they still improving, and will be a dynasty for years; there isnt a legit reason while he leaves-that just the reality of the situation

and i agree Wade wouldnt be a bad pickup for us he easily THE MOST clutch player in the league hands down.....he was huge down the stretch vs the Nets tonight

JayJ44

Starter
The Hawks also took them to 7 games. Ray Allen wasn't playing well, and they couldn't win on the road. Mo Williams is alright, but he's not talented enough to be a second option on a championship team. That team is not talented enough to win a title, let alone becoming a dynasty. There's more talent on this Knicks team than there is on the Cavs, besides Lebron, especially if we get a 2nd superstar (Bosh). Lebron seems to love NYC just as much as Cleveland, he has "Big Apple" shoes for example. Maybe I'm in denial, who knows? lol

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea no where in that article is the word "likely" used that you threw in. if that were the case it would be a different situation..i think perhaps hes sayin this as a way to lift spirits make it known hes happy with the team right now. but i doubt he'd go signing anything like that this summer; like he said, he's going to keep his options open.

quit tryin to push for wade/bosh over james. everyone knows lebron would be better so lets not jump to stupid conclusions before anything happens. if his team wins the champ. mayb he'll sign it; thats only way i can see him doin it..remember Igauskas will be retiring after this season. things change

Paul1355

All Star
I won't believe it till I see it. Until he actually signs it, it's just talk to appease the fans. Plus, no way the Cavs get past the Celtics this season, not enough talent. But I definitely wouldn't be dissapointed if we got Wade.:thumbsup:

good point i thought of the same thing when I first saw this news. Everyone in Cleavland knows that he wants the big stage but they are going to have to pay him max dollars to stay there. He wore a Yankee hat to an Indians vs Red Sox game, he is a NY guy.

If Lebron was smart, he'd check our team and see that we have loads of talent, just a guy to take over games for us would make us unstoppable. We have more scorers then Cleavland so Lebron would get more help on our team and get more assists when he dishes out passes.

He would also be the most well known sports figure since the rise of Derek Jeter. People know Lebron James, but if he came to NY, the entire world would know this guy, even in remote parts of the world lol.

If he wants the big stage, he'll come here because he knows we want him in 2010.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
JayJ true the hawks took them to 7 as well but they werent nearly as close to knocking them out as the cavs were

and Knicker23 i would love to have LeBron over anyone in the L but the reality seems like he'll resign with the Cav's maybe not this summer but def by 2010 he loves the place and he has a legitimate shot at a championship but again who knows we'll have to wait till this offseason to see what happens

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im with ABCD on this one, Im not a Lebron fan but i do like dwayne wade. Hes blockin shots like hes a power forward or a center. But I realize Lebrons the better of the two and if we got him, you wouldnt see no complaints from me.

Akamu

The King
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56102/20081220/report_lebron_could_re_sign_in_2009/

saw the story on espn and checked it out on realgm and it isnt a shocker to me

the Cavs are on a pace for 64-18 this year and have a serious chance at the title(they my pick), so why would he leave he'll get a max contract and will stay and push for the signing of one more player to make this team a dynasty

"You play out this season of course; I will consider it," James said Saturday. "The direction we are headed is everything I expected and more."

looks like we should change our 2010 plans

go for Wade and/or Bosh

If you were Lebron and hounded at every press conference and every interview about 2010 you would be annoyed and probably tell these people to just stop asking about the same dang thing when it's miles away.

James has been handling the media pressure professionally and he made statements in ways that showed how tired he is of this 2010 talk.

If I were under that sort of pressure I would do the same and just say something to get the attention off of something he has yet to make any sort of attempt at a decision on.

In the same breath, he said "I definitely want to keep an open mind, I will look at everything" he said this about the Cavs and during 2010 talks, I don't see him going through with that at all. Talking about he want's to be better then Jordan, an icon, a legend, the first athlete billionaire.

Don't just follow anything that is put out there, he's jus trying to divert all the 2010 attention is all-

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I might be the only one, but I don't think I want Lebron anymore. I admit he's either the best player in the NBA or a close second beind Wade (IMO Bryant is 3rd or 4th behind them and maybe CP3). However, I saw a few interviews where he put the Knicks down. I also think he's starting develop an ego issue. He thinks he's the Messiah or something. Yea, it would be great to have a player that talented on our team. But I really like rooting for players that I LIKE, not just talented players. I think I might prefer we get a couple of the other star free agents in 2010 and kick Lebron and Cleveland's ASS a few years in a row and tell him his team sucks.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I still truly believe that Labron will resign with the cavs. He is going to be like Jordan was to the Bulls and let them build the franchise around him. It makes total sense when you think about it. That is why I feel the Knicks need to make smart moves that will better this team and start this franchise moving in the right direction. Waiting 2 years to see if we hit the LaBron James lottery does not make sense to me but there will be other free agents that would be very helpful to the Knicks so I am all for freeing up cap space but not at the expense of possibly making a trade for a star that would fit and be part of this teams future.

Toons

is the Bo$$
fuk lebron,wade,bosh... within a month ,2 , 3 , we got eddie coming back, and maybe even zepole pepperoni (or whatever his name is)... who needs free-agents...

POST OF THE YEAR!!! LMAO

Dis dude is better than dirk! (y did he leave when we exposed the borat wannabe?)

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Hawks also took them to 7 games.

I was hopping no one said that lol
The Celtics of this year are a much better team than the one that won it all last season. They have the confidence of the ring, and they are in their second year playing together. They have a chemistry no other team shares.

LeBron might be serious about wanting to stay but i bet you if he fails to win it this year as well he will grow uncomfortable in Cleveland.