The Official 2008 NBA Playoffs Thread (Make Your Predictions)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You can change your selections up until the opening tip of the first game Saturday Afternoon. Sometime later today I will add the times of all games.

Eastern Conference

(1) Boston
(8) Atlanta

(4) Cleveland
(5) Washington

(3) Orlando
(6) Toronto

(2) Detroit
(7) Philadelphia

Western Conference

(1) LA Lakers
(8) Denver

(4) Utah
(5) Houston

(3) San Antonio
(6) Phoenix

(2) New Orleans
(7) Dallas

2nd Round

EAST

(1) Celtics
(5) Wizards

(2) Pistons
(3) Magic

WEST

(1) Lakers
(4) Jazz

(2) Hornets
(3) Spurs

Conference Finals

(1) Celtics
(2) Pistons

(1) Lakers
(3) Spurs

Finals

(1) Celtics
(3) Spurs

2008 NBA Champs

The San Antonio Spurs

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Excellent thread, MSG. These are my picks. I am not going to write the number of games I think each series will be, because that will be easier to determine, as the playoffs progress.

Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals
1 Boston Celtics
8 Atlanta Hawks

4 Cleveland Cavaliers
5 Washington Wizards

3 Orlando Magic
6 Toronto Raptors

2 Detroit Pistons
7 Philadelphia 76ers

Western Conference Quarter-Finals
1 LA Lakers
8 Denver Nuggets

4 Utah Jazz
5 Houston Rockets

3 San Antonio Spurs
6 Phoenix Suns

2 New Orleans Hornets
7 Dallas Mavericks

Semi-Finals
Eastern Conference
1 Boston Celtics
4 Cleveland Cavaliers

2 Detroit Pistons
6 Toronto Raptors

Western Conference
1 LA Lakers
5 Houston Rockets

2 New Orleans Hornets
6 Phoenix Suns

Conference Finals
Eastern Conference
2 Detroit Pistons
4 Cleveland Cavaliers

Western Conference
1 LA Lakers
6 Phoenix Suns

NBA Finals
1 LA Lakers
4 Cleveland Cavaliers

Champions
LA Lakers

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope your rite about cleveland knockin off the celtics, as long as someone does it im happy but i would love to see them get embarrassed in the 2nd round. If they do win the championship ill still find somethin to hate on them about.

I chose the Wizards to upset the Cavs. To me this is the closest 1st round eastern Conf. matchup. The teams are almost even but the Cavs have lebron who cant be stopped. You cant count cleveland out because of him.

I heard that alotta espn analysts are pickin the suns to upset the spurs. Im suprised, i got the spurs goin all the way even though im rootin for the Lakers.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I picked the Suns to upset the Spurs, because the Suns got the four time NBA Champion Shaq, and an Amare Stoudamire that's in his prime. I actually think they'll be the ones to win the championship, if the Lakers don't.

Starks

Starter
wish there was a way to make an online bracket... heres what I'm predicting

East:
Boston over Atl in 4; Bos over Was in 6; Detroit over Boston in 7
Was over Cle in 6;

Orl over Tor in 5; Det over Orl in 4;
Det over Phi in 6;

West:
La over Den in 4; La over Utah in 6; La over Pho
Uta over Hou in 6;

Pho over Sa in 7; Pho over Dal in 7;
Dal over No in 6;

FINALS = LA over Det in 7

Other predictions...
-NO will do poorly against DAL and eliminate Chris Paul from the MVP debate
-Bench clearing brawl between WAS and CLE
-Shaq makes everyone who doubted him feel stupid when he stomps on Duncan
-CLE will be exposed and clean house starting with the firing of the coach once they prove how badly they are coached
-Kobe gets Finals MVP and MVP honors for the season
-George Karl will resign after the Nuggets get swept
-Sir Charles starts a controversy between him and comments directed to Washington Wizards
-This will be the best playoff season in years

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Other predictions...
-NO will do poorly against DAL and eliminate Chris Paul from the MVP debate
-Bench clearing brawl between WAS and CLE
-Shaq makes everyone who doubted him feel stupid when he stomps on Duncan
-CLE will be exposed and clean house starting with the firing of the coach once they prove how badly they are coached
-Kobe gets Finals MVP and MVP honors for the season
-George Karl will resign after the Nuggets get swept
-Sir Charles starts a controversy between him and comments directed to Washington Wizards
-This will be the best playoff season in years

Dallas has a chance of upsettin the Hornets. I picked NO but Dirk seems more motivated then ever, he and the entire mavericks team should be after taking two consecutive L's in the playoffs. They had the finals almost wrapped up but allowed the Heat to come back, then last year after having the best record in the league they were defeated in the 1st round by GS. I think that all of this has made Dirk and the Mavs tougher and they been here before. Their gonna go all out and give it 100%, it should be a great series.

The Suns vs Spurs should also be a great series, im goin with the spurs but most people are pickin the suns. Shaq looks like hes in great shape, ill be rootin for the suns. Their my 2nd favorite team in the west.

Kobe=MVP

Nuggets are a good team stuck in a very tough conference. In the East they would be right there with the Magic.

The Western Conference playoffs will be great but im not sure about the 1st round of the EC playoffs. Wash. vs Cleveland will be a great 1st round matchup though, very evenly matched and the trash talking will make it even better.

metrocard

Legend
Bos > Atl
Cle > Was
Orl > Tor
Det > Phi

Bos > Cle
Orl > Det

Bos > Orl

Lal > Den
Hou > Uta
Phx > Sa
No > Dal

Lal > Hou
No > Phx

Lal > No

Bos > Lal

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Eastern Conference
1 Boston Celtics
8 Atlanta Hawks

4 Cleveland Cavaliers
5 Washington Wizards

3 Orlando Magic
6 Toronto Raptors

2 Detroit Pistons
7 Philadelphia 76ers

Western Conference
1 LA Lakers
8 Denver Nuggets

4 Utah Jazz
5 Houston Rockets

3 San Antonio Spurs
6 Phoenix Suns

2 New Orleans Hornets
7 Dallas Mavericks
----------------------------
Eastern Conference
Western Conference​
1.Boston 4
1.Los Angeles 4​
2.Atlanta 0
8.Denver 2​
4.Cleveland 4
4.Utah 3​
5.Washington 3
5. Houston 4​

3.Orlando 4
3. San Antonio 4​
6.Toronto 1
6. Phoneix 2​

2.Detroit 4
2. New Orleans 2​
7.Philly 0
7. Dallas 4​
---------------
Eastern Conference
Westen Conference​
1.Boston 4
1. LA 4​
4.Cleveland 2
5. Houston 0​
3.Orlando 2
3.San Antonio 4​
2.Detroit 4
7. Dallas 1​
-----------------
Eastern Conference Finals
Western Conference Finals​
1. Boston 4
1. LA 2​
2. Detroit 1
3. San Antonio 4​
NBA FINALS
1.Boston 4
1.San Antonio 1​

I changed my mind I think LA wont be in the Finals, Fatigue will play a factor.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Damn a couple of you are goin with the celtics......I would hate to see them win the championship, anyone but them!!!! I think its time for me to start hopin that KG gets into a fight with someone and has to miss some games. Im not goin to hope for an injury, thats goin too far.

Great game on right now, close one between Wizards and Cavs.

Boston over Atl
Detroit over Phi
Tor over Orl
Wash over Clev

Den over Lakers
Dall over NO
Spurs over Pho
Jazz over Rockets

Rd 2

Bos over Tor
Det over Wash

Jazz over Nuggets
Spurs over Dall

Conf Finals

Bos over Det

Spurs over Jazz

Nba finals

Bos vs Spurs

Boston defeats the Spurs in 7

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Cant yall just lie to make me feel better? Whys everyone gotta be pickin the celtics?

echs takes some risks, you really think the nuggets will beat LA? We got the same finals, spurs vs celtics. I have a different champion but personal biases have played a part in that.

Cant yall just lie to make me feel better? Whys everyone gotta be pickin the celtics?

echs takes some risks, you really think the nuggets will beat LA? We got the same finals, spurs vs celtics. I have a different champion but personal biases have played a part in that.

I really see that series as a toss up so why not pick an upset? Seems like everyones on the Laker bandwagon and nobody is talking about the nuggets. I'm not a big Laker or Kobe fan but enjoy A.I., Melo and Camby so if I'm going to be rooting for them I might as well pick them.

What worries me about the Lakers is that they don't play any d where as the Nuggets who have defensive lapses are at times capable. The key for the Lakers will be Gasol but I like how Denver, with Camby, Martin and Nene matcup with him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I really see that series as a toss up so why not pick an upset? Seems like everyones on the Laker bandwagon and nobody is talking about the nuggets. I'm not a big Laker or Kobe fan but enjoy A.I., Melo and Camby so if I'm going to be rooting for them I might as well pick them.

What worries me about the Lakers is that they don't play any d where as the Nuggets who have defensive lapses are at times capable. The key for the Lakers will be Gasol but I like how Denver, with Camby, Martin and Nene matcup with him.

I like both teams but I think the Lakers will win it in 5 games. The Nuggets do have alot of talent with the big 3 (AI Camby and Melo). I agree with what you said about the nuggets being capable of playing good defense but I feel the same way about the Lakers. They have Kobe who always plays good defense, Odom and Melo will be a good matchup. For the Nuggets to win I think Iverson will have to carry the offense unless the Lakers put Kobe on him but I dont expect Iverson and Kobe to be matchupped with each other.

Do you or anyone know when (or if) Bynum is coming back?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I heard he's coming back for the first round of the playoffs. He might even play in Game 1, but I'm not sure.

I thought i saw that hes out for the 1st round. If he can come back and quickly re adapt the Lakers have the best chance of beating the Celtics assuming they meet in the Finals.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
EAST:
1st round
BOS VS ATL: (1) Boston in 4
CLE VS WAS: (5) Washington in 7
ORL VS TOR: (3) Orlando in 5
DET VS PHI: (2) Detroit in 6

Semis
BOS VS WAS: (1) Boston in 6
DET VS ORL: (2) Detroit in 7

Conf Finals
BOS VS DET: (1) Boston in 5

WEST:
1st round:
LAL VS DEN: (1) Lakers in 5
UTAH VS HOU: (4) Utah in 5
SAS VS PHX: (6) Phoenix in 7
NOH VS DAL: (7) Dallas in 7

Semis
LAL VS UTAH: (1) Lakers in 6
PHX VS DAL: (6) Phoenix in 6

Conf Finals
LAL VS PHX: (6) Phoenix in 7

NBA FINALS
BOSTON CELTICS VS PHOENIX SUNS: Boston in 6
FINALS MVP: Kevin Garnett

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
The Celtics beat the Suns in 6? Gay G is the Finals MVP? I hope your prediction doesn't come true. lol

We'll see. To be honest, I'm surprised a couple of you are KG haters and/or Boston haters. LOL. Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. I'll be rooting for Cleveland to lose to Washington. Yup it's 2-0 already, but I'm still hoping. Not a fan of Lebron.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We'll see. To be honest, I'm surprised a couple of you are KG haters and/or Boston haters. LOL. Well we're all entitled to our own opinions. I'll be rooting for Cleveland to lose to Washington. Yup it's 2-0 already, but I'm still hoping. Not a fan of Lebron.

I gotta admit i like watchin lebron no homo but i dont like him and im a Gay G/Celtics/Boston hater.