what happened to Amare's Explosiveness?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You won't get an argument from me. It sucked tonight and it sucked last night. Most of his other games recently it's been on.

Amare's jumper was the reason we lost? :eek:hboy:

Well, the officiating and Deron being crazy is probably the main reason, but we can't deny that if Amar'e had made those jumpers in the 4th quarter that he took (IIRC he took two jumpers early in the shot clock during the last 5 minutes) the game would've been tremendously different. Not enough for us to win, but man, it's obvious that a dimension of his game is missing and he's become incredibly easy to guard because of it.

Amar'e did have one good play though. When Melo passed it to him and he posterized a Net (I don't remember who it was), I was like, THAT'S the Amar'e I need to see. He annihilated that guy. But without the ability to make a jump shot he's just a big man who dunks once in a while, and nothing special.

smokes

Huge Member
Well, the officiating and Deron being crazy is probably the main reason, but we can't deny that if Amar'e had made those jumpers in the 4th quarter that he took (IIRC he took two jumpers early in the shot clock during the last 5 minutes) the game would've been tremendously different. Not enough for us to win, but man, it's obvious that a dimension of his game is missing and he's become incredibly easy to guard because of it.

Amar'e did have one good play though. When Melo passed it to him and he posterized a Net (I don't remember who it was), I was like, THAT'S the Amar'e I need to see. He annihilated that guy. But without the ability to make a jump shot he's just a big man who dunks once in a while, and nothing special.

He had quite a few good plays on the game. Blocking the shot and running coast2coast for the score, that offensive tip finessed over to Fields for the easy score, the play you talked about. A couple of nice plays in the 4th. He hit a few jumpers over the course of the game too.

So many things went wrong with tonights game pinning it on STAT is silly but he did not play well no question.

portega1968

El Cacique
It's all about defense when you look at what has happened these past ten games (and of course, finally having a point guard)... last night not having Shump made a big difference

But no doubt we are not seeing the same Stat from previous years. Not sure if his back has to do with it, if he's looking to stay out of foul trouble, if his knees are starting to show up, if its the extra weight... whatever it is, I'm not on board for us getting rid of him. Im rooting for him to turn it around and contribute effectively. Thats what every true Knick fan should be doing instead of crying for a trade that isnt gonna happen!!!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/lost-in-linsanity-knicks-improved-defense

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i dont mind amare shooting from the elbow, he's normally a very good mid range shooter. the problem is that he isnt right now. what i do have a problem with is elbow jumpers with 15+ seconds on the clock. its a waste of his superior athleticism. under 10 seconds, we may not get a better look or we could turn it over trying to force one. it pisses me off that hes settling for the jumper without even looking at the paint. if he buys into team ball he'll take a dribble or two and dump it off once he sees the second defender coming. there has to be some middle ground between elbow jumpers and soft ass layups with 3 defenders within arms reach.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I think the answer is pretty obvious.

This Year.

run-dmc.jpg

Last Year.

AmareGoggles.jpg

We need to start a movement to get STAT to wear his old goggles and lose the gazelles!!!

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
We all knew a while ago Stats soft on defense and on the boards...If hes not gonna at least be efficient on offense then I dont see any use for him. Bench him, give the minutes to Jeffries and Jorts when he returns.

Same goes for Melo, but after missing 3 weeks ill give him a week. If hes not playing better 1st game after the all star break, ill consider him to be Stat Status...garbage

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think the answer is pretty obvious.

This Year.

run-dmc.jpg

Last Year.

AmareGoggles.jpg

We need to start a movement to get STAT to wear his old goggles and lose the gazelles!!!
I was thinking about that. His custom ones aren't bad, but last year's goggles were more fitting of a beast.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Unsure

I am not sure it is the weight or the knees.

He is not "out of shape", the weight was muscle not fat.

It may be that he just did the classic basketball-bad, worked out too much, and is stiff, lacking in flexibility and long muscle-mass. Perhaps what he needs is yoga.