Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
BTW, before I go to bed.

Riddle me this.

How does one claim to win a debate when they said

That'll be my final word on the matter.

But go against their word, make over 10 post after that quote with the need to fight a losing battle?

I'm going to sleep laughing about this lol

smokes

Huge Member
People? You're represented by CoolCyde, Rono, C8....guys who exiled from this forum from too many slayings. WVKnicksfan is the most illiterate person on this forum...he grew up on this country and can't even type better than that dude from Poland. I guess I was right when I said your confidence was low.

Jim doesn't have to give me props, I speak for myself. Unlike you, you accept the empty compliments because you have no argument.

Lol, how did I accept them? I didn't even reference them until you harped on about them for consecutive posts, long after you'd acknowledged the one guy who gave you some props, Eddy Curry's feeder.

Smokes, you're word holds no truth, you fail to post resources (links, statistical comparisons, video footage)
You won't have my acknowledgement until you do.
Your post will be continue to look like mindless babble from you.
You need to post valid information here to stop you from looking weak in one of the most lopsided debates in this forum's history.

Smoke's changed his arguement from this:

to this

LOL....

Smokes, listen.

When your final word was suppose to be this:

and every single statement in that quote got shut down by all the statistics,

you gave up and you went to "Melo takes bad last minute shots"

Why can't you admit that you gave up on those points and say you were corrected? How small are your nuts to not be humble about it?

There are two very basic points made in that quote:

- takes terrible shots, is lazy about going to the basket, settles for jumpers way too much, makes bad decisions (point 1)
- argues with officials and gives up points in transition (point 2)

I've stuck to those points throughout the thread. Yeah I've re-iterated them in regards to his final second shots because as you only want me to voice opinions where I can show you fancy videos and graphs to back up my statements, I can do that, as I said before, 1 for 15 on final shots, I even posted a pretty youtube video for you :)

As for why it wasn't my final word, as I said you're very good at baiting, no arguments there.

This is exactly why you took the L in this thread. Any point you bring up and I debunk, you run away else where.

I'm still here posting, still debating you point for point, you can keep claiming I lost as if it means something to try help yourself sleep at night but we both know it's not the case.

Now, this whole thing about Melo taking the last shot in the game, well it's pretty simple. Who do you want taking the shot? It's not like anyone on this team knows how to set a screen or Woodson has an offensive play that will free Melo.

But you act like Melo can't hit game winners.
Melo has a history of being clutch with last minute shots.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/melo_winners_11_27_2010.html

^ Watch that video....read these articles...be a man of resources smokes, you're running empty and you're very desperate to make a point.

In that video, you will notice a huge difference in game winning plays vs to when Melo is on the Knicks.

Nuggets had a ball handler and respectable PG who can either shoot and break down the defense.

Raymond Felton isn't that guy.
Smith is too streaky.

Woodson has made Melo the primary ball handler in these situations and it's obvious it doesn't work.

Melo is at his best when he's on the wing and you pass him the ball in an isolation situation.

This common sense...not even really debate worthy material.

This is from last year:

^ even today, Melo still has a good % for his career.

Knicks need a PG to take pressure off Melo.
I don't want Melo taking those shots either, because no one in the NBA can make those shots at a high percentage (you're acting like Melo is the only one in the league who's incapable of doing it...so you look hella silly lol)

No I'm not acting like that, but you keep falling back on your patented debate technique of putting words into other people's mouths and then debating something they never said, as it's the only way you can go on to claim victory.

I didn't say I don't want Melo taking the final shot, I said I don't want him settling for crappy shots every time the ball gets put in his hands as the clock winds down. At the very least he can make a move to the basket, and try to draw a foul. He doesn't, he shoots contested jump shots EVERY TIME. How you can't comprehend this is beyond me. For someone who takes so much time writing out essays in response to me the fact you can't read my posts thoroughly is bizarre.

I acknowledged that Woodson especially and the bums around him don't put him in the position to succeed like they should but when it comes to having the ball at the end of the game, the decision on whether to make a move to the rim or whether to simply shoot over 2-3 players comes down to one thing, Melo himself.

smokes

Huge Member
BTW, before I go to bed.

Riddle me this.

How does one claim to win a debate when they said

But go against their word, make over 10 post after that quote with the need to fight a losing battle?

I'm going to sleep laughing about this lol

Again, I never claimed to win the debate (you making sh*t up as usual) whereas you have claimed over and over and over that you've won... :lol:

It's ok metro, I know you need to cling to the deluded notion that you managed to beat someone at something on the internet to sleep at night, there there.

smokes

Huge Member
Smokes, I know it frustrated you but I finally gotten you to post information (still not resources), but it's a lot more valid than the junk you were sharing the "IM THRU WITH MELO thread"

I want to give you a congratulations for letting me help you grow as a poster and as a person, it was a long journey but you finally made it out of the scrub level. Let us have a moment here.

In regards,

I don't think the situation is clear enough right now. Theres talk about the Lakers and Bulls in play for Melo. Melo hasn't said anything bold enough to declare where he's going. It's all assumptions right now. So most of everything you wrote doesn't mean anything until we really know what's going on. Everything you presented sounds like a flaw of a bad desperate General Manager who's not in control of the cap situation than a player. Hence the whole "personality" nonsense is debunked.

Knicks will probably make the playoffs with how they're playing. The East bad, let's not call it optimism. We're being realistic.

Knicks will make the playoffs and get bopped. It's an educated guest.

What would I ever do without you metro?

Of course the situation isn't clear, the point is that the chances of the Knicks somehow resigning Melo and managing to build a championship level team around him are very slim. The chips are totally stacked against us, pay cut or not.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
He will never need more money then he has now but thats not the point.
Players salaries and Championships is what represents to a player how great they are.
Melo has no rings. Salary might be the only way he can justify his greatness to himself.
Remember if he takes less money , especially in NY with Dolan there is no guarantee for a Championship.

No superstar has taken less then the Max except Lebron and Wade.....why would Melo ?

That's what I'm talking about. It would obviously be an advantage for the team if for some odd reason Melo says 'No that's too much money for me'. But no one should fault Melo for making the best possible deal. Its not his fault the Knicks trade away their future year after year. Aside from Miami, championships are usually won through the draft. I don't think we necessarily need another 'super star' to suck up more cap space. I'd much rather pay Melo his money and bring in some good complementary players and pay them no more than 10 mil per year.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Another good assessment Meto. Not sure why more people aren't talking about a Tyson trade. He's way over paid and I agree, he got embarrassed in the play offs. Interestingly he may still have some trade value. Now's the time to pull the trigger. I think we're stuck with Smith and Amare.

skisloper

Starter
You're assuming Melo is selfish and would take a max contract because that's what you believe the "type of person he is".

Those type of opinions are the same as people calling Richard Sherman a "Thug". Don't determine an athlete's personality on what you want to see.

You jump at conclusions too much so you can have something to say. It needs to rest, stop it.

If you got information to share, feel free to share it.

But if you're coming here to say "Melo is that kind of player to get his and doesn't have the personality to take a paycut" with nothing to back up, then expect me to shut you down on that crap.[/QUOTE

Metro did you hear what Melo said he wants to experience Free Agency........does that sound like a player who is looking to take a pay cut ?
Remember The only person so far who is faulting him if he does not take a pay cut is you. You used the word selfish. The NBA i a business and Melo has the right to make as much money as he wants.

Of course the larger Melo's contract the less space the Knicks would have to build around Melo.....

so what we can expect in 2015 plus is you praising Melo and 1/2 the board disgusted with Melo.....
The only difference is that You will have to then come to terms that Melo was more interested in the money then solidifying himself as a Champion.

skisloper

Starter
Metro did you hear what Melo said he wants to experience Free Agency........does that sound like a player who is looking to take a pay cut ?
Remember The only person so far who is faulting him if he does not take a pay cut is you. You used the word selfish. The NBA i a business and Melo has the right to make as much money as he wants.

Of course the larger Melo's contract the less space the Knicks would have to build around Melo.....

so what we can expect in 2015 plus is you praising Melo and 1/2 the board disgusted with Melo.....
The only difference is that You will have to then come to terms that Melo was more interested in the money then solidifying himself as a Champion.

skisloper

Starter
Metro for a guy who loves basketball your absolute love for Melo is odd.

I am sure you watched the game last night........Did you not see a different ball club then you have been seeing ?
Did you not see a different Melo then you"ve been seeing ? Assists ?

Your are so narrow minded. If you do not see a difference in the team do you at least see a difference in MELO ?

The team as a whole needed something and Melo's 62 did it no doubt.......There does some to be some love on the floor and there wasnt before the game just a lot of misery.....

tiger0330

Legend
Saw Melo's comments re: LaLa saying he'll sign with the Knicks. He said he supported his wife's statement but that's about it, no hint from him that he would re-sign with the Knicks.

You know Melo doesn't even know if he'll be back, if the right deal comes along he'll leave the Knicks high and dry. I do think that Melo will leave the 30M on the table to go to a team with a better chance of winning than the Knicks. All the Knicks can do is investigate the possibility of trading him and if you can get a couple of 1st round picks and some good players back then you possibly trade him.

jimkcchief88

All Star
WV(known hater from way back) is bogus for even starting this thread with his hilltop English lol:) And Smokes please share wat u smokin for backing his azz up. And CC: um um um I am disapointed in you:(. You want to talk about chucking??? Which former Knick did Metro and I go back and forth about "chucking" on this site for days who is now killing it for a Western Conference powerhouse. Jamaal Crawford:). It's not chucking when you are putting up 25+++ a game fools. It's called scoring and that's what Melo is doing and carrying this team. Anyone that says different is blind to the fact. Metro has changed his stance on Melo from detractor to defender. But you fools dogmatically stick to your foolish opinions even after what Melo has done the past few days, yes and all season. It's like arguing the Earth is flat people. Epic Fail:(

Broadway

All Star
Lol, how did I accept them? I didn't even reference them until you harped on about them for consecutive posts, long after you'd acknowledged the one guy who gave you some props, Eddy Curry's feeder.

There are two very basic points made in that quote:

- takes terrible shots, is lazy about going to the basket, settles for jumpers way too much, makes bad decisions (point 1)
- argues with officials and gives up points in transition (point 2)

I've stuck to those points throughout the thread. Yeah I've re-iterated them in regards to his final second shots because as you only want me to voice opinions where I can show you fancy videos and graphs to back up my statements, I can do that, as I said before, 1 for 15 on final shots, I even posted a pretty youtube video for you :)

As for why it wasn't my final word, as I said you're very good at baiting, no arguments there.

I'm still here posting, still debating you point for point, you can keep claiming I lost as if it means something to try help yourself sleep at night but we both know it's not the case.

No I'm not acting like that, but you keep falling back on your patented debate technique of putting words into other people's mouths and then debating something they never said, as it's the only way you can go on to claim victory.

I didn't say I don't want Melo taking the final shot, I said I don't want him settling for crappy shots every time the ball gets put in his hands as the clock winds down. At the very least he can make a move to the basket, and try to draw a foul. He doesn't, he shoots contested jump shots EVERY TIME. How you can't comprehend this is beyond me. For someone who takes so much time writing out essays in response to me the fact you can't read my posts thoroughly is bizarre.

I acknowledged that Woodson especially and the bums around him don't put him in the position to succeed like they should but when it comes to having the ball at the end of the game, the decision on whether to make a move to the rim or whether to simply shoot over 2-3 players comes down to one thing, Melo himself.

The stats surmising Carmelo passing the rock.....

Centers around an assist number of 4 or more in Wins....there were about 2-3 where he averaged less

Centers around an assist number of 3 or less in Losses.....there were about 2-3 games where he averaged more

Simply put he has to move the ball more. Last year he had mos of 4.2 and 3.4 ast totals...the rest of the mos basically 2 and under. Carmelo goes through trends of attempting to share when he feels it's in HIS best interest to do so. He's been doing this for 12yrs continuing to fool the fools.

Broadway

All Star
What would I ever do without you metro?

Of course the situation isn't clear, the point is that the chances of the Knicks somehow resigning Melo and managing to build a championship level team around him are very slim. The chips are totally stacked against us, pay cut or not.

BUZACKALACKY!

Numbers Never Lie but Stans Do....

Broadway

All Star

Actually there is no difference we've been at such crossroads before

Did Melo take a paycut the first time around when he could have had a more stacked team? Nope! He let Denver use New Jersey so he was assured he'd get his money before the new CBA kicked in.

Why would he now since he's at the Pinncale and last Major Deal of his career?

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Great solution can't wait to see all the other threads erased into 1.

well, i was asked to leave a permanent redirect to the other threads for search engine purposes, so I'm not sure if it accomplished anything, other than merging all discussions into one, and perhaps befuddling the original connotation of discussions.

jimkcchief88

All Star
well, i was asked to leave a permanent redirect to the other threads for search engine purposes, so I'm not sure if it accomplished anything, other than merging all discussions into one, and perhaps befuddling the original connotation of discussions.

Yep you muddied the waters pretty good there....Good news is all the History of Melo Haterade is concentrated into one thread for all to see. No take backs Haters:)