Have your say on the site's presentation. Does big news need its own thread, or not?

Should BIG NEWS threads have their own thread in the main forum for discussion?

• Yes - a site without major headlines looks sloppy.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No - I like everything organised in the one thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If there's a legitimate link - not just a rumour. Otherwise in the news/performance threads.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Evening/morning, KO posters.

Please vote in the above poll as to how you think the site should be presented in regard to big news.

News the likes of "Melo suspended one game", "Shump to return against Bulls", for example, are big news threads.

I personally believe that the site looks poorly without major headlines, and it's time for the posters to have their say.

Now, for the second time.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is a good time to have this discussion. The player performance and news threads have been going for a while now and everyone has experience with posting/viewing them.

That said, I think big headlines should have threads separate from the Performance and News threads, at least for a time.

People should be able to post real news re the Knicks players etc, and we all should have our say until the these news topics reach exhaustion. At the point where the news topic dies (point being when people aren't really posting that much or when the story could be considered old news), they should be moved to the P & N threads.

I do think the bigger news topics can get lost in the P & N threads.

Hope everyone weighs in. :thumbsup: This is our forum and we all should have a say.

My :2cents:

metrocard

Legend
This is a good time to have this discussion. The player performance and news threads have been going for a while now and everyone has experience with posting/viewing them.

That said, I think big headlines should have threads separate from the Performance and News threads, at least for a time.

People should be able to post real news re the Knicks players etc, and we all should have our say until the these news topics reach exhaustion. At the point where the news topic dies (point being when people aren't really posting that much or when the story could be considered old news), they should be moved to the P & N threads.

Hope everyone weighs in. :thumbsup: This is our forum and we all should have a say.

Great suggestion.

smokes

Huge Member

This is pretty much my thoughts and I was under the impression this was already how it goes, that after a few days of no replies threads just got merged?

Yeah, major news should have it's own thread for sure. I don't visit the player discussion threads too regularly so I would maybe miss out of there was a major headline stuck somewhere in 25 pages of Carmelo Anthony discussion.

metrocard

Legend
This is pretty much my thoughts and I was under the impression this was already how it goes, that after a few days of no replies threads just got merged?

Yeah, major news should have it's own thread for sure. I don't visit the player discussion threads too regularly so I would maybe miss out of there was a major headline stuck somewhere in 25 pages of Carmelo Anthony discussion.

I apologize if I merge the threads too quickly, next time I know better.

That's my fault, I take responsibility of that.

smokes

Huge Member
I haven't really noticed it but then it's not something you'd notice! :lol:

Just have like a rule of thumb of some kind... 48 hours with no responses and a thread gets merged into an appropriate parent thread if one exists, if not it can just die a natural death.

Something like that, idk mods can work out the specifics.

Sage

Rotation player
I like a new thread if it's actual news (Melo suspension good example, Amare's hairstyle bad example). and as others have said, merging into that player's thread at a later date.

IMO the bigger problem we had historically was multiple threads about the exact same thing on the first page, or new threads for any wacky trade idea. Those can easily be merged with each other straight away.

metrocard

Legend

Just have like a rule of thumb of some kind... 48 hours with no responses and a thread gets merged into an appropriate parent thread if one exists, if not it can just die a natural death.

We'll call it the smokes expiration limit :lol:

Nah, but that's a good suggestion. I didn't take into consideration the breaking news to top the forums for more traffic so I take blame on that, it would make more sense to let those threads rock out especially since the news is hot and fresh.

I like a new thread if it's actual news (Melo suspension good example, Amare's hairstyle bad example). and as others have said, merging into that player's thread at a later date.

IMO the bigger problem we had historically was multiple threads about the exact same thing on the first page, or new threads for any wacky trade idea. Those can easily be merged with each other straight away.

Remember when Amare rocked the streets of rage attire?

O7IOj.jpg

tumblr_lsblgqoFFH1qgzjxr.jpg

BTW, you need to post more man; you always come strong on the post.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

This pretty much sums up my opinion. +1

tiger0330

Legend

I like this plan. Definitely want to see new news whether major or even Shump gets a new haircut.

I also like the player threads of our top guys as an archive so I don't have to go searching for an old thread months back, just look in the player thread on the first page for it.