should we trade francis?

swagger.B

Rookie
i know every one thinks the francis trade was one of the worst trades in knicks history and alot of ny knicks fans want him traded during the offseason. if you think about it when francis is healthy he played pretty well in my opinion. when he was traded to the knicks i was happy but then injuries slowed and messed up his game. now when crawford and rishardson comes back from there injuries i doubt they are going to play like they did when they were healty.so do you guyz want francis traded?

pat

Starter
a stress fracture sounds pretty nasty, but in the long run it really shouldn't mess up JC's game, as far as Q-Rich is concerned I have my doubts whether he will be able to help the knicks next year, but he and francis are to different from each other to affect if francis should be traded or not.
I would do everything to get rid of him except for a buy-out. I would really hate seening a team picking him up as the last tiny piece of their championship puzzle.

paris401

Starter
the franchise is owed 35m over the next 2 years... who in their rite mind is taking him??

the answer is... he is untradeable...

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
the franchise is owed 35m over the next 2 years... who in their rite mind is taking him??

the answer is... he is untradeable...

Well, we would have to trade for an untradeable guy too, say like Adonal Foyle who has an unusally high contract, I am sure O-Town would love to dump his ass, but he can block shots and play D, something we sorely lack. Same can be said for a guy like Danny Fortson, but I think he is in his last year this season.

paris401

Starter
Well, we would have to trade for an untradeable guy too, say like Adonal Foyle who has an unusally high contract, I am sure O-Town would love to dump his ass, but he can block shots and play D, something we sorely lack. Same can be said for a guy like Danny Fortson, but I think he is in his last year this season.

true...true, but the franchise will make 16m next year +17 the following year. adonal whom i do not know will make 8.9, then 9.7m... so salaries do not match up...

ofcourse maybe we can include some additional dog-shit... burger-king james and jefferies...

if IT is able to move these guys, he deserves exec of the decade...

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
If somebody is willing to make a trade for him, we should take what we can get & be thankful we got anything.......

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
Garbage for Garbage

true...true, but the franchise will make 16m next year +17 the following year. adonal whom i do not know will make 8.9, then 9.7m... so salaries do not match up...

ofcourse maybe we can include some additional dog-shit... burger-king james and jefferies...

if IT is able to move these guys, he deserves exec of the decade...

Golden State Warriors

Incoming Players
Steve Francis
Salary: $15,070,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 10.6 REB: 3.5 AST: 3.9 PER: 15.16

Outgoing Players: Adonal Foyle, Stephen JacksonNew York Knicks

Incoming Players
Adonal Foyle
Salary: $8,125,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 2.3 REB: 2.7 AST: 0.4 PER: 13.74

Stephen Jackson
Salary: $6,120,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 15.3 REB: 2.9 AST: 3.8 PER: 14.21

Outgoing Players: Steve Francis

According to the ESPN Trade Machine, Franchise for Foyle/Jackson would work because there contracts equal the same with us saving about a million...This is not the dreamer trades like the KG and J Oneals I have be seeing, but this does make sense for both teams, we unload Franchise for two D-minded players who do not need excessive minutes and can be effective in spot duty (esp. Foyle). Franchise also could possibly ressurect his career in a running and gunning offense in O-Town (BTW, wouldnt the Oakland Warriors sound alot better than Golden State does? I wish they would change their city name to that) Those who might consider this trade a bad one have to be realistic; we are trading garbage for garbage but at least we do not have to play the garbage and essentially I think GSW is getting the better deal b/c Foyle is as useless as JJ13. Even if we decide to dump one of them, it is better than dumping Franchise money (15 mil). Therefore, If we take on Stephen Jackson, who although one of the craziest bastards in the league but talented, I would do this in a heart-beat...The dude can be like QRich insurance and we can only pray that if we do end up with him, he stays out of jail and Foyle can be the next JJ20 or Cato, just making more money, but hey we are the Knicks; the most generous team in the league. So, what do you guys think?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I really like that trade easylink thats good thinking. Stephen Jackson is not garbage. I agree with Foyle. Look what happened to the Indiana Pacers when they traded away Jackson, and Harrington. Jackson is a offensive player and I would be happy to have him on the team. The problem is where to put him in our line up. Because I want Jamal playing off the bench.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
from the knciks point of view i would do that trade in a heart-beat. but why would golden state want francis considering they have baron davis and monta ellis???

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
from the knciks point of view i would do that trade in a heart-beat. but why would golden state want francis considering they have baron davis and monta ellis???

On paper I agree that it does not make sense, but on average, how many games does Davis/Richardson miss a year? Those two guys are often injured and having a guy like Franchise coming off the bench. He not only will be an insurance policy, but he would be a plus b/c if this scenario does happen, he will not be viewed as starter material like he has here; he probably would assume a role player role due to Davis/Richardson and the emergence of Ellis. But, it is just a for instance.