Jerome Jordan sent to DLeague

portega1968

El Cacique
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/03/02/knicks-assign-jerome-jordan-to-erie/

New York Knickerbockers Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations and Interim General Manager Glen Grunwald announced today that the team has reassigned center Jerome Jordan to the Erie Bayhawks of the NBA Development League

Howard Beck: Knicks assign Jerome Jordan to D-League affiliate in Erie. When he comes back, he will sleep on Landry's couch and average 8 assists.

This is a very good move to get the kid some playing time to develop.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
They need to send Dougie to the D-League with him, so he can gain some confidence in himself.

Very disappointed with TD this season, i was looking forward to a TD/SHUMP defensive juggernaut backcourt. I remember Dougie used to have the beast mode full court pressure D... what happened man.

nyk_nyk

All Star
They need to send Dougie to the D-League with him, so he can gain some confidence in himself.

Very disappointed with TD this season, i was looking forward to a TD/SHUMP defensive juggernaut backcourt. I remember Dougie used to have the beast mode full court pressure D... what happened man.

His height and inability to play decent pg minutes was always going to be his downfall.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
His height and inability to play decent pg minutes was always going to be his downfall.
his height? he's 6'2, During the Felton/Stat era TD came off the bench backing up Felton and did a fairly good job at it. He's not a PG but, he attempted to play more like a PG last season than he's done this season, Before his injury he was actually pretty consistent with his jumper and a reliable backup. Im not saying give TD a $hit load of mins, im saying he would of been useful for defensive purposes if he were playing the same way he played last season during the stat/felton era

After the trade when billups went down, we went on a winning streak when TD got the start. He has the Ability to become a PG, if he really worked at it. Deep down he'll probably always be a SG, but with the right mentor i have no doubt he can develop PG skills

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Expected this with Jorts coming back. They should trade Douglas if they can, dude is not going to see the floor again this season. It'll be hard to deal him though, a bad PG and undersized SG whose shot is broken, who would want him?

unloopme

Benchwarmer

I don't know man, but your sig is gonna' give someone a seizure! :blah:

CoolClyde

sigh... inevitable. hopefully the next step won't be he gets signed by another team and shines... Corey Brewer's looking pretty good these days...

guess the Knicks want to see if JerryJo can play in a game situation, as opposed to practices. if he excels, perhaps they'll bring him back for Jeromania... good luck!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Expected this with Jorts coming back. They should trade Douglas if they can, dude is not going to see the floor again this season. It'll be hard to deal him though, a bad PG and undersized SG whose shot is broken, who would want him?
Minny would take him, they have a fetish for undersized guys.

nyk_nyk

All Star
his height? he's 6'2, During the Felton/Stat era TD came off the bench backing up Felton and did a fairly good job at it. He's not a PG but, he attempted to play more like a PG last season than he's done this season, Before his injury he was actually pretty consistent with his jumper and a reliable backup. Im not saying give TD a $hit load of mins, im saying he would of been useful for defensive purposes if he were playing the same way he played last season during the stat/felton era

After the trade when billups went down, we went on a winning streak when TD got the start. He has the Ability to become a PG, if he really worked at it. Deep down he'll probably always be a SG, but with the right mentor i have no doubt he can develop PG skills

He's not 6'2" and certain pg skills you just can't teach. He just doesn't have the ability to view the game that way. We've got PLENTY of proof regarding this so please don't make this a huge deal man.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He's not 6'2" and certain pg skills you just can't teach. He just doesn't have the ability to view the game that way. We've got PLENTY of proof regarding this so please don't make this a huge deal man.
6'1, 6'2 whatever "he puts on his sneakers he's 6'2" im not making it a big deal, Im not saying he needs Amazing pg skills and im not saying he can become ricky rubio. He's been playing under Dantoni his career he had the green light to do what ever he pleases on the court. "Felton" "billups" aren't the exact kind of chucking combo guards you can learn from. Im saying if we were to put a DEFENSIVE LINEUP on the court TD would of been a nice addition IF he were Playing the Same way he played Last season. lol what does low PG IQ skills have to do with getting Defensive stops?

Last edited:

Eman

Benchwarmer
It's not the end of the world. He can be recalled pretty quickly. I hear the Mavs just sent Lamar to their D-League for one game.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's definately better for a player to gain some playing time on an NBDL team than become a permanent bench warmer in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend

Being we have a BUM-headcoach Dantoni who started every game for 4 seasons without a game-plan....I have nothing negative to say about Toney Douglas performance with two super star players Stat & Melo who dont co-exist on offense or defense.
History shows Dantoni did not have to coach the backcourt of PG-Nash, SG-J.Johnson, or SG-Bell (they all had postseason experience before meeting Dantoni).

7.0 Jerome Jordan were suppose to receive 8 to 12 minutes of playingtime each game during the time Stat & Melo were out. The few minutes Jordan did receive he did well on defense, rebounding, and setting screens for Lin.

I guess it wouldnt have looked to good for Dantoni to give playingtime to 3 DNP players....especially when Lin-Sanity made such an outstanding impression to Knicks fans by changing the dimension of Knicks B.ball, and adding a player that is 10 times better than Shawn Willams in Steve Novak who gives relentless defense pressure, movement without the ball, plus being the peremeter shooter u look for when the shot clock has 3 seconds left (catch n shoot like Allan Houston).
I guess giving playingtime to Jerome Jordan wouldve lead to Jordan jellin with Jefferies to grab 5+ rebounds, a blockshot, a put back in 12 minutes of playingtime.
Reports of the 2nd unit out playing the starters in practice should not surprise anyone, especially when the 2nd unit had C-Jordan, or C-Jorts out rebounding Stat.

Kiyaman

Legend

u have the wrong concept of how to use Toney Douglas talents/skills....
either u didnt watch the Miami game when they used a 3-guard offense to shut Lin down....or u didnt pay much attention to the winning streak of Felton & Douglas backcourt lastseason.

With a healthy Baron Davis & Jorts....Mike Dantoni have a big problem in N.Y.

Dantoni will be force to expand his career 7 man rotation to 10+ players....
is this good or bad?
Lin - Davis
Fields - JR - Shump
Melo - Novak
Stat - Jorts
Tyson - Jefferies

portega1968

El Cacique
Reports of the 2nd unit out playing the starters in practice should not surprise anyone, especially when the 2nd unit had C-Jordan, or C-Jorts out rebounding Stat.

Stop it Kiya... Jerome jordan was 3rd stringer... He did not play in that second unit in practice. This guy is just what he is and nothing more; a 7foot 15th guy on the bench. He is gonna be an average Dleaguer at best, maybe a good center on a Chinese league roster. He will be out of the NBA in less than 2years. He just not good enough, even sucks in garbage time. And fux anyone who brings up a Jeremy Lin comparison. Lin has won at previous levels. Jerome was a ho hum player in the Serbian league. SMH at these dumb arguments

Kiyaman

Legend
Stop it Kiya... Jerome jordan was 3rd stringer... He did not play in that second unit in practice. This guy is just what he is and nothing more; a 7foot 15th guy on the bench. He is gonna be an average Dleaguer at best, maybe a good center on a Chinese league roster. He will be out of the NBA in less than 2years. He just not good enough, even sucks in garbage time. And fux anyone who brings up a Jeremy Lin comparison. Lin has won at previous levels. Jerome was a ho hum player in the Serbian league. SMH at these dumb arguments

The samething can be said about the twin center Collins brothers, or Perkins.
I went to a couple of Knicks scrimage games where Woodson vs Herb coach the teams with Jordan & Jorts getting plenty of playingtime.

Teams with a superstar PF like Duncan, KG, Dirk, Boozer, Stat (under Gentry), all need a 7.0 big-body in the middle doing all the small things to make their talent more leathal. Dirk had bigmen Chandler & Haywood in the rotation lastseason.

Tyson Chandler already proved headcoach Dantoni is clueless of using bigmen centers....so for u to mention Jerome Jordan is a 3rd string when Jordan's bigman level of talent is the same as Jorts....both Jordan & Jorts were hoping to get a chance to GELL with Stat & Melo in some halfcourt setting plays written up by the coach. The two bigmen got neither, our game-plan coaching from the start of the season was an "ISO" no-chemistry joke.

Maybe u can explain why Stat & Melo dont co-exist? or why their teammates GELLED when both were out? or why Tyson Chandler co-exist with Jefferies & Novak on both sides of the court?

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

I do agree with this but the fact that he's 7 ft, if he can focus on just defense he can be a decent player.

fender0577

Rotation player
I do agree with this but the fact that he's 7 ft, if he can focus on just defense he can be a decent player.
I was hoping the same, but after seeing him, he doesn't seem to have the coordination of an NBA center.His is slow , yes, but if he had any coordination, he'd be ok, but he doesn't.:peace: