Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks 01.16 1:00PM

Red

TYPE-A
BTW we gave up 17 threes.

I'll start with positives since they are few.

-Toney Douglas had his first solid... he has to play like a PG.
1st out of 13...?
He was made into a SG by 'antoni.

-Jared Jeffries...

stinks. Don't lie, used properly, maybe 6 mins.

-Chandler has shown that he can stop the top center in the NBA, Dwight Howard. Dwight had only 8 points. The blame goes to the perimeter defenders, mainly guys like FIelds and Walker who got torched by JJ Redick and no one helping out to cover Ryan Anderson. Knicks are the worst team defending penetration to the hoop. They collapse their defense and leave players outside wide open, this is obvious and the Magic took advantage of our inconsistent defense.

Yeah, now we have a center and instead of using his potential, meshing him with the team, he stands out while simultaneously making it obvious that a better defensive approach is needed, especially with this type of system.

Negatives

Where to begin.

How about the fact that as I previously said, we are horrible at guarding hte perimeter. This shows me that as a team trying to be better on defense, we try so hard to guard the paint that we collapse the paint all game and leave shooters open from the outside.

It tells me that we have no perimeter defensive players except Shump, no real concept, no confidence in any out of four remaining active guards (Bibby, TD, Lin, Walker) and no ability to adjust, and certainly no ability to coach em' up and make them better.

We continue to make bad switches. How many times is a guard covering a big man down low after a switch? How many times is Amare covering a PG on the perimeter? This destroys us and teams always take advantage of it and the fact that it happens every game and the team doesn;t stop doing it tells me the defense has barely improved. Without Tyson we are worse than last year on defense.

Same as last year... but with Woodson's name on it instead of 'antoni.

Landry Fields is terrible. I can't stand watching him anymore. Fields is not a starter on any team in the NBA. His stock plummeted and continues to plummet.

You would think people noticed his lack of confidence months ago. If they continue, including him getting minutes, I can only deem this insanity.

Amare... He doesn't fit in this offense anymore. Melo is better on both ends of the floor, he is our franchise player, not Amare. Sorry Amare, you started it in NY but you can't finish it.

Then change the offense. The one where 'antoni had months to redesign.

Mike D has to go. We are 6-7 when we should not be. The team is sturggling offensively when he is known as an offensive "genius" please get this clown out of NY. ANybody can coach this team and have them play better on both ends of the floor.

We refuse to do fundamentals such as get rebounds and play basic defense. We don't attack the rim and draw fouls consistently. We don't use our players strengths, we are lost. Please someone get fired.

Some are gluttons for punishment. More up and down roller-coaster, unexplainable, unorthodoxy...

and that should do it.

Refer to the sig. :cool:

petescud

Starter
I missed the last 6 minutes of the game, and by the score, i guess i missed very little. WTF it was tied when i left... closing out games is not our specialty

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** this shit.

I'd prefer to watch a documentary on weaving than watch the Knicks fail.

Disinterested bunch of losers.

And **** you and your big talk, Amar'e. Useless ****. Another night of a poor PF killing us. What a ****ing surprise. You are a fake.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
About the only thing good that happened this game was the for the first time ever, an all-star big man came into MSG and didn't have a career night.

That was about the only thing good that happened.

smokes

Huge Member
About the only thing good that happened this game was the for the first time ever, an all-star big man came into MSG and didn't have a career night.

No just a scrub big man came in and looked like an all star, the usual.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;196483 said:
**** this shit.

I'd prefer to watch a documentary on weaving than watch the Knicks fail.

Disinterested bunch of losers.

And **** you and your big talk, Amar'e. Useless ****. Another night of a poor PF killing us. What a ****ing surprise. You are a fake.

Why would Amare and his insular mind and bubble of an image care if he -- and our team -- gets abused time and again by the....

POWER FORWARDS of other teams.

He's the man of "swag", he "saved us" and rode into NYC on a white horse (with red stripes of course, to mirror the fashion statement he will be making at all the cat walks and runway events he'll attend this year).

I'm left thinking Amare is simply a shit basketball player...yes, he may still be an all-star level player, due to his otherworldly, NBA-defining levels of potential offensive talent.

But, the utter clueless he displays on *both* sides of the ball, combined with a level of defensive awareness and skill that legitimately resembles either,

a) mentally handicapped, Junior Varsity high-school, who deals with a menstrual cycle.

b) a man of such unparalleled delusion, narcissism, and laziness, that Jerome Jordan just put a hit out on him because he wants his title back.

quiggle

Starter
hey hey cant have him too aggressive and getting banged up by other players, yall dont want them brusises showing up in his metrosexual cover shoots for assorted fashion and make up magazines eh?

CoolClyde

another 4th quarter collapse

good play for 3 quarters, and then what... SVG switches to zone, and D'icktoni has no answer. Orlando starts shooting 3's off the pick... no answer. Knicks perimeter defense was missing. 4th quarter Knicks lose all sight of passing and ball movement and settle for missed shots while Orlando hits everything. sux.

Girafferies had fleeting moments today, but that's all he's worth, a fleeting moment. he does not deserve 25 minutes, while Balkmania gets another DNP, along with Jerry Jordan. no wonder he played in another country his rookie year, Antoni has no clue, and will never have one until a big guy is hurt, and he needs to use him.

Toney D actually using his speed to get to the hoop, THAT'S what we need to see. however, his D leaves something to be desired, esp perimeter D.

Tyson Chandler played Superman very well today, and Harrellson and Jeffries helped, that was a bright spot.

Bud Harrellson has a good shot, would like to see him bang down low more often, but he IS bringing it, and I believe he'll get better.

out there in the Fields, someone lost their confidence along with their laundry, and he looks helpless and hopeless. yet he'll still get 30+ minutes because of his intangibles. I have hope for LF...

except for a couple key hoops when SHAT came back into game, he still looks lost. I don't get it. the man needs a PG, but then again who doesn't?

without a true PG, this is what you're gonna get... winning and losing by the three, combined with a clueless coach whose gameplan doesn't change per the conditions, the Knicks will continue to lose games in the 4th quarter, if not earlier. or they'll win if shots are dropping. that's no way to play the game of professional basketball.

I blame the coach when there is no reaction to in-game changes, but I can't blame the players when there's no one running the show. you can't ask Melo to be point forward, he just needs to shoot and be in the flow. he's hurting, but he has heart, I'd like to see him pass more and get the entire team into the flow, especially when he's double-teamed.

all in all, a good 3 quarters and a total 4Q letdown. fire pringles.

quiggle

Starter
no no yall got it wrong dont give Magic credit, what worked for us today was Renaissance Man in foul trouble, first three quarters were very promising for us then he comes back for the 4th, another "L" in the column

Kiyaman

Legend

No! the best thing that happen in this game for the Knicks is when Jefferies
stepped up to D.Howard for elbowing rookie Jorts. Something u havnt seen
Tyson, Stat, or Melo do for any of their teammates.

Toney Douglas gets knocked down by high screens and low screens 2 and 3
times a game, none of our BIGS ever call out or warn TD of our oponents screens.
Whats worst than that....none of our BIGS set screens for any of our PG.
I watched several times when Jorts was two steps away from Melo or Shump to where if Jorts wouldve turned he couldve set a nice wide screen for either Melo or Shump to dribble around. but Jorts just stand at the side of the foul line to watch Melo and Shump shoot or drive the lane.
Our players are picking up to many damn bad habits from DUM coach Damnphony...

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont get ANGRY FIRE Dantoni

One of my homeboys went undrafted from Ohio State, does that mean he'd be a decent baller in the NBA, because he's great value?

Fields is just terrible. Ray Felton and the uptempo system we ran last season made him look good and heavily inflated his stats. There are maybe 5-6 teams out there where he could actually crack the rotation for 8-10 mpg. On those other teams he would be a DNP guy every night, let alone start at the SG spot!

Spree....its bad u dont know what college Landry Fields came from.
This is why your response has no credibility. Plus Felton didnt run an
uptempo offense or system, he was decent in running transition off of a
steals from Fields, Douglas, or Chandler. Felton struggle the first 10 games of
the season (3-8 record) receiving 40+ minutes per game trying to effect the
"pick n roll" with Stat. 85% of Feltons assists came from an unstoppable
Stat. The majority of our wins came from the 3-Ball shooting that is why
Shawn Williams was added into the rotation. Our Defense lastseason came
from team-players: TD, Fields, Felton, Chandler, Gallo, and injury prone Turiaf.

Lastseason Landry Fields played with real teammates, this season Fields is
playing with high EGO's running the show.

KingofNy

Starter
Well, considering Fields did more than everyone on the team apart from Melo tonight then I guess our entire team is terrible. It was never a secret that Fields was not going to be an offensive stud, it's also no secret that everyone on our team totally fails at that end of the floor other than Melo right now and when we actually have a legit PG who can get people the ball where they need it, things will improve.

I'm not sure many people on here truly know the game of basketball and how players roles work. Fields is an off the ball player, same for Tyson Chandler and STAT. What happens when you have off the ball players constantly running around the perimeter getting the ball away from the basket? They have to make plays which they are not fully comfortable in doing. It simply is not part of their game.

This team is so deeply flawed right now it's not even funny. Even if Baron returns and plays well that's not going to matter for shit unless the players take it upon themselves to run plays and work for each other. Currently its a free for all shit slinging fest and we'd be lucky to beat any competent TEAM in the first round.

I don't know what game you watched but Fields has been the worse player on the court since the season started. He sits in the paint looking for rebounds and can NEVER get back to the perimeter to defend. He can't get through screens. He has no confidence with the ball in his hands. He can't shoot noted by the 2 airballs he had today. He is a indecisive ball stopper who just takes up space on the floor and every SG we've played so far has ABUSED him. :eek:hboy:

Kiyaman

Legend
I'll start with positives since they are few.

-Toney Douglas had his first solid game were he actually looked to penetrate and drive to the hoop. Douglas is struggling because he looks to shoot instead of drive but he has speed and he hasn't been using it. Douglas can onlybe effective if he drives to the hoop. He CANNOT be a SG, he has to play like a PG.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
-Jared Jeffries was very good. He played great help defense and rebounded well. I can't stand Jeffries and thinks he plays way too much but Amare has been terrible this year and Jeffries is playing better defense and Jeffries doesn't kill opportunities by bricking a million shots, he just doesn't shoot.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
-Chandler has shown that he can stop the top center in the NBA, Dwight Howard. Dwight had only 8 points. The blame goes to the perimeter defenders, mainly guys like FIelds and Walker who got torched by JJ Redick and no one helping out to cover Ryan Anderson. Knicks are the worst team defending penetration to the hoop. They collapse their defense and leave players outside wide open, this is obvious and the Magic took advantage of our inconsistent defense.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
Negatives
FIRE coach Dantoni!
Where to begin.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
How about the fact that as I previously said, we are horrible at guarding hte perimeter. This shows me that as a team trying to be better on defense, we try so hard to guard the paint that we collapse the paint all game and leave shooters open from the outside.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
We continue to make bad switches. How many times is a guard covering a big man down low after a switch? How many times is Amare covering a PG on the perimeter? This destroys us and teams always take advantage of it and the fact that it happens every game and the team doesn;t stop doing it tells me the defense has barely improved. Without Tyson we are worse than last year on defense.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
Landry Fields is terrible. I can't stand watching him anymore. I honestly believe that anyone else on this team would make a bigger impact than Fields. WHenever he gets the pass he does three things...he either passes the ball back quickly, he dribbles for a few seconds then passes to someone behind him, or he does a pump fake and passes it right away....none of these moves results in helping the offense. He is stagnant and continues to look lost and can't pass or dribble for his life. Fields is not a starter on any team in the NBA. His stock plummeted and continues to plummet.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
Amare has his head in the clouds. I don't know if it was the trade talks with him going to NO for CHris Paul or what but Amare is lost. He is not even close to all star material and has hurt us more than anyone else except Fields. We desperately need a PG because Amare can't create his own shot, he is a dud on offense. He stands on the outside of the paint when he should be down low. He doesn't attack the basket for offensive rebounds like he did against the Pistons which made him very effective. He continues to balhandle and turn the ball over. He makes stupid plays on defense and continues to get into early foul trouble. All of these results in him scoring six points from the gam before this one and ten points in this game.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
I would not mind trading Amare right now. He doesn't fit in this offense anymore. Melo is better on both ends of the floor, he is our franchise player, not Amare. Sorry Amare, you started it in NY but you can't finish it.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
Mike D has to go. We are 6-7 when we should not be. The team is sturggling offensively when he is known as an offensive "genius" please get this clown out of NY. ANybody can coach this team and have them play better on both ends of the floor.
FIRE coach Dantoni!
We refuse to do fundamentals such as get rebounds and play basic defense. We don't attack the rim and draw fouls consistently. We don't use our players strengths, we are lost. Please someone get fired.

FIRE coach Dantoni!
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I liked our effort today. We didn't look great, but there was a lot more effort and better play from Douglas, maybe Stoudemire too in the fourth.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't know what game you watched but Fields has been the worse player on the court since the season started. He sits in the paint looking for rebounds and can NEVER get back to the perimeter to defend. He can't get through screens. He has no confidence with the ball in his hands. He can't shoot noted by the 2 airballs he had today. He is a indecisive ball stopper who just takes up space on the floor and every SG we've played so far has ABUSED him. :eek:hboy:

Don't know what game you watched but considering he shot 2 for 3 he did not shoot 2 airballs. No he doesn't have confidence with the ball in his hands, he should not have the ball in his hands for any length of time he works great as shown last year catching, cutting, playing off screens, going backdoor, hustling, running in for rebounds. Now we are completely static, no distribution, no true ball handler, ISO every trip down the floor.

You may as well be complaining that Sundiata Gaines is not an intimidator in the paint.

KingofNy

Starter
Don't know what game you watched but considering he shot 2 for 3 he did not shoot 2 airballs. No he doesn't have confidence with the ball in his hands, he should not have the ball in his hands for any length of time he works great as shown last year catching, cutting, playing off screens, going backdoor, hustling, running in for rebounds. Now we are completely static, no distribution, no true ball handler, ISO every trip down the floor.

You may as well be complaining that Sundiata Gaines is not an intimidator in the paint.

Sorry I got his other Airball confused with his Airball against OKC. He did have one Airball today. It's pretty bad when your starting SG only takes three shots and one's an airball. You can't defend his play, it's been horrific. The only thing he's good at (Rebounding) leaves the guard he's defending open on the perimeter. Fields is the reason we lost today.

smokes

Huge Member
Sorry I got his other Airball confused with his Airball against OKC. He did have one Airball today. It's pretty bad when your starting SG only takes three shots and one's an airball. You can't defend his play, it's been horrific. The only thing he's good at (Rebounding) leaves the guard he's defending open on the perimeter. Fields is the reason we lost today.

:teeth: :lol:

KingofNy

Starter
:teeth: :lol:

Laugh all you want. He gave up about 24 points in 3 pointers and open shots from failing to get back to the perimeter. Go back and watch. Well how did we lose than genius? I gotta hear this. It's hilarious seeing you man-crush on our worst starter. :teeth: