Nate May Take Qualifying Offer

smokes

Huge Member
Nate Robinson may accept the Knicks' qualifying offer and return to New York for at least one more season.

The decision would make Robinson an unrestricted free-agent in the summer of 2010 when several marquee players are expected to be on the market.

Can't knock that. 3 mill for Nate for 1 more year is a pretty good deal. Also it's a very nice value to have him at for trading.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Yes 3million is the right price for him right now, let's see what he does this season.

CoolClyde

N8 is Gr8

let's hope N8 goes for it, he must be making some NYC endorsement and advertising dollars to subsidize his salary, no? this is good news, if true...

mafra

Legend
Can't knock that. 3 mill for Nate for 1 more year is a pretty good deal. Also it's a very nice value to have him at for trading.

I totally agree. Wont hurt, that's for sure, right? PLUS, with Douglas pushing him, he'll have to adhere to the D'ant plan or else risk losing playing time. PLUS, it means NYK have leverage in other negotiations (Rubio, Sergio, whomever).

With Harrington & Nate.... Knicks basically have two 6th men, who can come off the bench and bring the energy.

AND, who knows... maybe Nate finally "gets it." Maybe he realizes if he wants to be more than a novelty, he'll have to listen to the coaches, distribute the ball and look to be a team player.

Finally, he's still a potential 4th quarter beast.... Just do not let him take the last shot.

JayJ44

Starter
Can we trade him if he accepts the qualifying offer? Isn't there some rule saying we can't trade someone who takes the qualifying offer? Like Ben Gordon this year. Not sure about that.

It would be great if he accepts it though. We could keep him for cheap, and if we want, sign him for as much as we want in 2010. Good situation.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think it's a smart move for him because he has created a nice image around the league in a KNicks uniform. He will make good cash in endorsements and if the economy recovers, he will get a better contract in 2010. This also means he will have to play his ass off again, which he can handle easily.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd love for him to stay in New York a long time.I think if he has a more solid season than last one, more people would like him staying in 2010 on if they can afford it.One of my favorite games last season for Nate is when he started as PG when Duhon was out against the Clippers.Aside from the horrible ending to that game, Nate was doing everything.Not saying Nate should be PG, but he sure's got some skills to break down defense.

I saw this coming, he will wait for 2010 to see what real money the knicks have to throw at him, Mike D loves the guy because of what he can bring off the bench for a legitimate playoff team, unlike Lee who does everything MIke D doesnt like in a PF...not defend, not handle the rock, not hit open jumpers with consistency, and plods when rolling off of the pick and role making it easy for the ball to get stripped.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Is kryptonate due to go up against Lebron this year in the dunk contest or did he opt out this year?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'd love for him to stay in New York a long time.I think if he has a more solid season than last one, more people would like him staying in 2010 on if they can afford it.One of my favorite games last season for Nate is when he started as PG when Duhon was out against the Clippers.Aside from the horrible ending to that game, Nate was doing everything.Not saying Nate should be PG, but he sure's got some skills to break down defense.

Nate is a natural born killer. He's on attack mode at all times. I would definitely like to see him back. He has proven to be a great contributor for our team.

The only minor problem I see is that nate's re-signing will probably mean that douglas won't get much playing time. Unless of course nate starts at the point and douglas outplays duhon(most likely) for the back-up role. That would be ideal.