New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards - January 6th, 2012 7:00 PM EST

CA7

Scoring Champ
I win's a win -- not pretty but I'll take it...Gave Young way too good a look there..We're lucky.

What's wrong with Melo? Anyone see what happened to him?

He got tangled up with hackin ass Booker and pull somethin, they were holding him and bumping him all night and refs seem not to see shit

rady

Administrator
Staff member
It's a road win so i'll take it no matter how it is achieved, but damn we struggle..

fender0577

Rotation player
Damn, melo had to look like Mike to beat the wizard, damn it's gonna be a long year.At least they ran some kind of offense tonight, and shump looked great.

skisloper

Starter
No idea when we were up by 8 why Melo had to go to isolation on every single play...he was scoring fine when the ball flowed through the offense...he needs to stop that .......A win is a win and we found out PG of the future.

CA7

Scoring Champ
No idea when we were up by 8 why Melo had to go to isolation on every single play...he was scoring fine when the ball flowed through the offense...he needs to stop that .......A win is a win and we found out PG of the future.

It was D'Antoni he seems to do that to run clock, like moving the ball around then going to STAT and Melo at 8 seconds isn't good enough

Wargames

Starter
wow we barely won against NBA's worst team.

I know right..... Ugly Basketball, but hey at least they won, TD probably lost his starting job to so maybe we win the next one. This team needs better roleplayers.....Fast. Also I'm glad we got shump over singleton but singleton looks pretty good out there. This draft class is full of nice players.... no stars but a lot of guys who can start.

Man John Wall (and any physical PG) seems to own TD. Harrelson is still a decent player himself. Now Melo might be injured so welcome back to hell....

The Wizards dont give possible contenders these kind of.issues either....

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Not a happy camper at all. Playing a winless team that turned the ball over like 50 times and we just squeak by with a win!!! We could have easily lost this one, only positive thing is Shumpert, he does not look or act like a rookie. Clapping his hands, telling the guys "Lets Go" is not what a rook does. I asked the question if the board thought he was a PG because I heard him say in an interview that he was a PG when asked if he was a SG or PG. All the guys here said he was a 2 but the guy can play the 1 which is just what we need, big 6'5" dudes that can play the 1 don't come along every day.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
tiger0330;194536[B said:
only positive thing is Shumpert, he does not look or act like a rookie. Clapping his hands, telling the guys "Lets Go" is not what a rook does.
You are correct, sir. The ONLY positive from tonight's W.

petescud

Starter
Well we got a win and Shumpert looks like a keeper....barely beating the wizards though....they shouldn't mention us with the powerhouses of the NBA though. We are def steps behind them. The way we are playing, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks

DIFFERENCE MAKERS: At one point early in the third quarter, Anthony and Stoudemire accounted for 31 of the Knicks' 39 points, and only two of their teammates (Chandler and Shumpert) were on the points board. Anthony finished with 37 points and seven rebounds; Stoudemire had 23 points and 12 rebounds. Anthony abused Singleton, who was a Knicks favorite heading into the 2011 draft, all night from midrange, hitting hand-in-face jumpers and backing him down into the paint for the easy two. Stoudemire played just as physical down low and for the first time took and made more of his attempts around the rim. He was 9-for-21 from the field and didn't even attempt a 3-pointer.

Keep going Amare!

I-MAN: Shumpert looked a bit out of sync offensively in the first half, even shooting an airball from dowtown. But that didn't matter in only his third game of his NBA career. The Knicks needed to put a stop to Wall, who scored 10 points in the first quarter, mostly in transition. Shumpert did such a good job disrupting Wall -- he only scored four points in the second half -- the rookie started over Toney Douglas to begin the third quarter. Not only did Shumpert finish with a game-high five steals, he had a team-high seven assists and 10 points. I think it's safe to say Douglas, who started the game but only played two minutes in the second half, may have seen his last pre-game player introduction.

:gony:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
To beat the dead horse. Shumpert looks MORE than legit...in limited exposure. And yes, STAT showed. AND, Melo is a monster, closer, elite, all world, mvp...etc. Thank you #7

I think it was a good win. Wash had a players only meeting the other day, and it seems they came out focused and determined. On their home court.

I like the starting lineup of

Shump
Fields
Melo
STAT
Chandler

It seemed to me they passed on some three's to get closer to the basket. Which is a good thing. The only reason they didnt shoot a better % is that Wash is long and altered or blocked plenty of shots.

If we play this way we'll win much more than we'll lose.

TD looked like he was horrified by the sight of Walls. Instead of forcing him one way or the other he just backed up and let him do what he wanted.

Bibby came up HUGE this game.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bibby is a nice veteran to have on the team. I said it before and I'll say it again - we underrated him coming in, he is by far the player on our team with the most PG experience and although he can't do what he used to, he can still teach it. Plus while athleticism declines, shooting doesn't usually, and Bibby showed that tonight.

It's amazing how much better this offense looks when it has a semi-competent point guard running it. He's not an incredible PG yet, but he sufficed and our offense flowed MUCH better as a result. I assume I wasn't the only person to notice that every time Shumpert came off the floor our ball movement just stagnated.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Looking at the box score, Melo has been simply amazing for us these first 7 games except for that off night against GSW. It seems like every night he carries us in the 4th quarter. He's doing great dishing the rock and grabbing those boards as well. If we had a better record, he would definitely be in the MVP talks along with LBJ.