Is Zack Randolph the answer?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
you want to know my definition of weak...my definition of weak is being able to average 90% of your blocks by helpside defense and not being able to stop your man one on one. My definition of weak is averaging 20+ pts a game and being defensively overwhelmed by Chuck Hayes lol. Do work chuck do work...love hustle out of chuck. Weak is when the last healthy season he had was 2002-2003...that's weak. He's not the greatest rebounder either. Randolph rebounds and scores better than O'Neal. O'Neal is more athletic, fragile, and is a better defender. Plus O'neal shot 43.7% from the field...he's the Jamal Crawford of PFs lol. I like our chances with Randolph.

UH HUH... So thats your arguement.. You are satisfied with presenting that as your defense to the statement of JO being weak. This is your grand definition of weak... Well my friend, I have no more words for you. You have proven to me to be beyond help.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I mean...I did prove all the weak points in his game and his style. That's what you wanted right? Well I shouldn't say O'Neal is weak...Zach is just stronger and doesn't get push around and doesn't get as injured as much as O'Neal. O'Neal is the better person to put next to Curry but I'm happy for the upgrade. People in hell want ice water...we can't always get what we want. An upgrade is an upgrade I'm glad for it. So we need to stop complaining about the trade and move past it. We got rid of francis (crowd favorite lol) and frye for randolph. Get over it...what's done is done.

metrocard

Legend
UH HUH... So thats your arguement.. You are satisfied with presenting that as your defense to the statement of JO being weak. This is your grand definition of weak... Well my friend, I have no more words for you. You have proven to me to be beyond help.

Ignore it brother, its a waste of time.

Theres a reason why O'Neil was getting MVP votes not too long ago. I would glady give Randolph to IND for O'Neil. More defense? More shot blocking? Plus the same ammount of scoring and defense? Hell yeh.

Kiyaman

Legend
We need to remember that Channing Frye was in his second season and should've been getting seasoned by Assistant Coach Mark Aquire on positioning himself downlow to get a "Double-Double", plus learn how to defend against up comming Bigmen oponents. But Frye was not given that priviledge.
Eddy Curry got all the Bigmen Assistant Coaches attention last season so that he dont get into early foul trouble in every game, plus he had to learn how to position himself from getting two or three 3-second calls in the paint each game. Dont act like Curry did not have these problems playing with the Bulls and his first season with the Knicks.

Putting second season Channing Frye in the frontcourt with a LEARNING Eddy Curry while making Frye play the peremeter on offense did not workout well.

Somehow PF-David Lee "Skillz and hustling Talents" worked very well beside a Learning C-Curry Last season. And PF-Malik Rose worked well with Curry too.
But Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" Coaching of Curry, Frye, and Jefferies lineup was so Crack-indicted in Coach Isiah brain that he did not see the 33 WIN season comming untill it was way to late in the midseason.

6.11 Channing Frye should have never been in the lineup with 6.11 Eddy Curry or 6.11 Jefferies last season. WHY? Because ....
Channing Frye have Jefferies frontcourt defensive moves down pact and Eddy Curry low post offensive moves down pact. He may have not been as experieced as the two in his second season, but he needed the playingtime lastseason to improve his offense/defense talents at their positions.
There were alot of games last season vs various Knick oponents where Curry should not have played over 26 MPG, where Frye could have replaced him down low with quicker footspeed for position to score, get fouled, or pass the ball backout. Plus Frye started bulking up in the offseason and needed to keep bulking up last regular season in the weight room so he could've started Banging with the BIGMEN in the league downlow on both sides of the court; offense and defense.
Everyone who plays ball knows what happens to your jumpshot when you lift weights on your upper body on the regular. Your out-side shot is off.

So this Curry & Zack tandem, has to have Isiah Thomas depending mainly on Zack Randolph Experience to mesh with Curry, so that the Knicks will have two PF (Zack & Lee) that will Jell with Curry in the lineup.
Which Means Isiah Thomas is going to try and make Eddy Curry into an ALL-STAR in the Eastern Conference at the expense of this Knick Team.
For Curry to play 30 MPG means he have to stay out of foul trouble, which also means Curry will not be playing any defense. And if Curry dont play no defense than knowing Zack Randolph he too wont play any defense either while on the court with Curry. Just Like Channing Frye...

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
We need to remember that Channing Frye was in his second season and should've been getting seasoned by Assistant Coach Mark Aquire on positioning himself downlow to get a "Double-Double", plus learn how to defend against up comming Bigmen oponents. But Frye was not given that priviledge.
Eddy Curry got all the Bigmen Assistant Coaches attention last season so that he dont get into early foul trouble in every game, plus he had to learn how to position himself from getting two or three 3-second calls in the paint each game. Dont act like Curry did not have these problems playing with the Bulls and his first season with the Knicks.

Putting second season Channing Frye in the frontcourt with a LEARNING Eddy Curry while making Frye play the peremeter on offense did not workout well.

Somehow PF-David Lee "Skillz and hustling Talents" worked very well beside a Learning C-Curry Last season. And PF-Malik Rose worked well with Curry too.
But Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" Coaching of Curry, Frye, and Jefferies lineup was so Crack-indicted in Coach Isiah brain that he did not see the 33 WIN season comming untill it was way to late in the midseason.

6.11 Channing Frye should have never been in the lineup with 6.11 Eddy Curry or 6.11 Jefferies last season. WHY? Because ....
Channing Frye have Jefferies frontcourt defensive moves down pact and Eddy Curry low post offensive moves down pact. He may have not been as experieced as the two in his second season, but he needed the playingtime lastseason to improve his offense/defense talents at their positions.
There were alot of games last season vs various Knick oponents where Curry should not have played over 26 MPG, where Frye could have replaced him down low with quicker footspeed for position to score, get fouled, or pass the ball backout. Plus Frye started bulking up in the offseason and needed to keep bulking up last regular season in the weight room so he could've started Banging with the BIGMEN in the league downlow on both sides of the court; offense and defense.
Everyone who plays ball knows what happens to your jumpshot when you lift weights on your upper body on the regular. Your out-side shot is off.

So this Curry & Zack tandem, has to have Isiah Thomas depending mainly on Zack Randolph Experience to mesh with Curry, so that the Knicks will have two PF (Zack & Lee) that will Jell with Curry in the lineup.
Which Means Isiah Thomas is going to try and make Eddy Curry into an ALL-STAR in the Eastern Conference at the expense of this Knick Team.
For Curry to play 30 MPG means he have to stay out of foul trouble, which also means Curry will not be playing any defense. And if Curry dont play no defense than knowing Zack Randolph he too wont play any defense either while on the court with Curry. Just Like Channing Frye...

I feel good about the Randolph trade, if only because we got rid of Francis who wasn't going to help us, and his horrible contract......

Having said that.....the above scenario is exactly what I'm most afraid of. Even if Curry and Randolph gel offensively, this could be a trainwreck on an incredible level defensively.....