We need a Big Man more than anything!

Kiyaman

Legend
I recall having some bum players and bigmen on alot of teams I played for, but with the right coach and PG running the show these bum bigmen played an important role in helping us win in the playoffs, against teams I did'nt expect to win.

So for the Knicks to have Darko, Curry, and Hill, and never utilize any of their talents on offense or for defense within a unit with the team, from day one of training camp to the 37th game of the season, shows me the Knicks have a problem in their coaching-staff on how to utilize bigmen.

A center and a PF are supposed to get 10 rebounds at least once out of every 4 games. If players Harrington, Jefferies, Chandler, Gallo, and Bender can not do this in this league, then they are not a center or a PF in the NBA.
They are SF.....

David Lee came into the league as a strong rebounder, athletic hustler, and a screen setter for his teammates to score or rebound. These are the things he showed in his first NBA summer league tournament, and the same things Jordan Hill showed in his first NBA summer league tournament.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not sure why people have given up on the idea of Tyson Chandler, after watching the Hornets get dominated in the post season I'm sure they will be looking to re-shuffle this offseason.

Not a hard guy to match up contracts with and a really solid defensive big if healthy.

:smokin:...............

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;189205 said:
:smokin:...............

SMOKES indeed.

He called it.

How bout this...

Jerome Jordan in camp on Sunday?
December, 11, 2011
DEC 11
1:30
AM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Ian Begley
Seven-foot center Jerome Jordan is expected to be in Knicks camp on Sunday.

Jordan has not signed a contract with the team.

There are a few logistical issues to settle before a deal is completed, according to agent Todd Ramasar.

"Jerome is going to be with the Knicks this season," Ramasar told ESPNNewYork.com in a phone interview on Saturday.

The Knicks have worked out a buyout with Jordan's European club, Krka of the Slovenian league.

Jordan was on a flight to New York on Saturday night and is expected to be at the Knicks' facility in Greenburgh on Sunday morning.

Before he can practice with the Knicks, Jordan needs to sign a letter of clearance with his European club.

The Jamaican native also needs to acquire a working visa (though he may be able to practice without one) and finalize the details of his Knicks contract.

"He?s very excited to start his career in the NBA and to be with a team like the Knicks," Ramasar said. "He understands it's business and there's a certain expectation with the Knicks, and that's to win a championship."

The Knicks acquired the 7-foot center in a 2010 draft night trade with the Milwaukee Bucks for $500,000. The Bucks had drafted Jordan with the 44th pick.

After the draft, Jordan decided to play overseas to improve his game, signing with the Serbian club KK Hemofarm for the 2010?11 season.

The former Tulsa standout averaged 7.8 points and 3.8 rebounds in 15 minutes for KK Hemofarm.

Due to the lockout, he chose to return to Europe again this season. Jordan is averaging 12 points and five rebounds in just 22 minutes per game for Slovenian squad Krka. He has bounced back well from a bout of appendicitis, which he suffered through last spring.

"He's ready to come in and contribute right away," Ramasar said.

Unlike most NBA players coming off of the five-month lockout, Jordan will hit the floor in game shape. It will be interesting to see where he fits in at center with veteran Jared Jeffries slated to come off the bench to spell Tyson Chandler.

Proposed terms of the deal were not immediately available, but the Knicks are believed to have the "under-the-cap" exception available.

BAM!
Stock-pilem' the more the merrier.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we went from no size and interior defense. to having arguably the best defensive C not named D12. and adding a 7 footer to our bench. SWEET

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah seriously.

What burned us last year?

No interior D? Check, we improved it.

No rebounding? Check, improved it.

No perimeter D? Check, improved it by drafting Iman Shumpert.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah seriously.

What burned us last year?

No interior D? Check, we improved it.

No rebounding? Check, improved it.

No perimeter D? Check, improved it by drafting Iman Shumpert.

I am for trying to eventually get Shumpert to be a starter.. I mean he is the only one who, even if we do get Crawford can guard all the explosive east coast pointguards in the playoffs, and regular season for that matter. I mean, I can't imagine him having WORSE floor vision than douglas especially because he is about 3-4 inches taller...and from what I've seen from him he has no fear of attacking the basket. What annoyed me about douglas was on fast breaks if he was going one on one on someone after a turnover, he was too afraid to make a move right away, he would always wait right outside of the three point line for everyone to get back.