NY KNICKS vs. BOSTON C-DIKS game thread

Torp

Benchwarmer
Great game. Bad finish. Lee needs to step up the defense or put someone else in.

Eddy Curry was good today. Not his prowess with the basketball but for the fact that he can be the big bully that we have been missing all this time. Knicks get pushed around too much. At least to me I think it's good that he established to every NBA team that nobody will push him around in the paint.

pat

Starter
Well, at least a good game. I saw some grit tonight. Also you have to acknoledge the excellent coaching on our last possession. Overall, I liked what I saw, maybe a bit too much gambling on that last possession and Harrington should have helped out but all in all I can see the improvement over the last three games.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We had an effin foul to give!!! Use that shit!!!

I'm still proud of my Knicks though. We made good stops at the end, both at the end of the 4th and overtime. I'm happy that they're playing with more effort. Showing that competitiveness.

CoolClyde

Bench Duhon Mr. Pringles!

Chris Duhon vs Celtdicks
47 minutes - 3 points

what is this BS?

N8 >>>> Duhon
Douglas >> Duhon

Allen Iverson could have done a whole lot better than Duhon has done,
but NO, he would have taken minutes away from our young guys.

Tony Douglas - 6 minutes
Jordan Hll - DNP
Darko - DNP

Knicks have 1 foul to give in final 9 seconds and don't use it.
another brilliant defensive scheme by the Pringle.

chalk up another loss to No-D'Antoni.

PS: Brandon Jennings last game: 31 minutes, 26 points

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Duhon

I am in agreement with CoolClyde. Why does Duhon get 47 minutes? His field goal percentage is is 24.2%. He averages just over 6 assists a game and he is certainly not as good as Douglas defensively.

Is it possible that one of the reasons Jennings was not selected over Hill was the belief that Duhon is the point guard going forward? Hill can not get off the bench on one of the worst teams in the NBA and yet the Knicks took him with the 8th pick.

Is Darko so bad that he can not get into the game at all? What has Douglas done to be limited to 6 minutes?

Danilo is not aggressive enough althugh he did have one nice driving dunk. Once again he failed to hustle for a loose ball at which point d'Antoni took him out of the game.

Are the Knicks showcasing some of these expiring contract players?

dlee420

Banned
Nate Robinson?

Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.
Hopefully D'Antoni has some plan on packaging him in a trade if he EVER has a few good games consistantly enough.

Which I have no hope in.

Actually, D'Antoni has no idea what he's doing.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
gallo's lack or aggresiveness is starting to piss me off. hes my favorite player, and will continue to be no matter what. i just want to see him succeed. i watched the whole game, and for the first time in a while, i thought duhorrible, and the rest of the knicks found gallo. problem is most of the time he just passed the ball right back! wtf??? i dont want him shooting to many shots, but when he had ray allen (height advantage over him), or brian scalabrine (WHOOOO???) couldnt he have attacked the basket and created something?
other opinions from the game
-nate looked pretty good, finally glimpses of the nate from last year (was it bcuz will ferrell was in the building lol?)
-jordan hill has done a great job this season keeping the bench warm. its games like these that make me jump for joy that we didnt draft b-jennings or ty lawson
-talking about passing on those two nice pg's, i thought chris duhorrible did an excellent job of showing why everyone on this forum (except jpz of course) hates him. he runs around the paint, with NO agresiveness to score. i could sense the frustration clyde had when talking about him. im sure lebron, wade and bosh cant wait to have a pg like him as their starter
-i liked watching eddy curry today. hes obv rusty, but he overpowered rasheed. made him look like a lil baby. mandick jerkins cudnt even get good position on him on the post. eddy just missed two hooks he usually makes. and EVERYONE on this forum has to hate rajon john doe, ****in idiot. i loved seeing curry dismantle him. he showed grit, toughness, and PASSION. those were antonyms when ud describe him two years ago. and even 3 years ago when he had his breakout year he only cared if he was scoring big. now (and hopefully it'll continue) he is animated whether the knicks are looking for him or not

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate Robinson doesn't play in crunch time because he is the BIGGEST defensive liability we have. He makes DLee seem like a solid defender.