Lebron/Melo/Chandler Knicks froncourt in 2015?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look forget all this talk about them linking up next year with The Lakers, that is a shortsighted view of the situation! the fact is that both Melo and Lebron are in good positions with their current teams (obviously Lebron's is better) and both players are on teams that have cap to add their own FA's in the next couple years so they are not jumping the gun a year earlier just to play w an aging Kobe and once popular coach

But in two years could they consider joining forces? Well lets say Mia wins at least one more title in Lebron's last 2 years then that would make 3 for him in South Beach thus possibly a feeling of wanting a new challenge and what better way to cement a legacy than to bring a title to NY?

Ok, maybe that sounds more fulfilling to a Knicks fan than maybe a pro athlete but winning in Miami is one thing but winning in New York completely different.

I'd be surprised if The Heat are the last team Lebron plays for, it just seems as if he is one of those guys who would want to win a title in multiple cities...now if he did come here and left to pursue a title elsewhere I would hate him all over again, but we'll cross that bridge in 2020 or so!

ok so lets look at the practicals...we'll have about 14 million committed to cap in 2015 -loving getting Novak off the books- say the cap is set at 59
that gives us 45 million to play with (I swear I was not a math major in college).

I figure you can sign both Lebron and for 16 million each give Tyson a backloaded contract starting at 7 million (remember teams under the cap can give bigger increases in salaries) still leaving 6 million or so in cap.

Why is this possible?

1.The core of players they would be adding to (Shump,Felton,Smith,Hardaway JR): While this does not does not read like a who's who of NBA player it does represent a foundation of solid complimentary players

2. Potential new coach: I love Woody and I would like to see him around long term, but being able to bring in new coach with a revamped roster would definitely be a draw and Woody's contract is up that season

3. Being able to fill out the roster: this ties into point #1, Our problem in 2010 was that had LBJ signed here there would have been a def imbalance. I mean it would have amounted to Felton,Wilson, Gallo,LBJ, Stat w Toney Douglas, Bill Walker Feilds -yet another SG/SF- Andy Rautins and of course Eddy Curry along with Dantoni's lack of concern for D....its no wonder he ultimately signed w The Heat!

Now look at the potential of the roster if he came in 2015

Felton
Shump
Lebron
Melo
Tyson

bench
Smith
Hardaway
Metta (min)

plus leftover cap room to make bids at amnesty guys or sign a player outright. 6 million lands us a backup Center and Backup PG not to mention the league min guys

4. We are further removed from Isiah era: this era hurt us on so many levels but more than anything it made our team look extremely unstable and undesirable! Kudos to Stat for taking it on and bringing us back to respectability -why I will never feel Stat was not a worth while signing despite his injuries- and New York is no longer a joke but a relevant team in the NBA

Look lets stop the booing of this dude and let the courting begin all over again because this time its a real possibility!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
With all due respect, every reasonable NBA follower knows that LeBron will a) resign with the Heat or b) return to Cleveland, with the odds of approximately 20% for the latter. IMO it's also way too early to say who we'll be after during the 2015 free agency. I'd say if both Melo and Chandler resign, we should be looking for a star point guard and Rondo is the very first player that comes to mind.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
LeBron said he'd like to play for every team (whether he was joking or not, that's obviously not gonna happen unless he stays at a high level for decades to come).

I don't see this happening. He has more to gain in Cleveland. He'd gain respect (arguable if he deserves it or not because of the way he left and saying he won't stop until he gets them a title), and get a lot of his Cleveland fans back. I think Miami fans wouldn't be pissed at LeBron leaving for Cleveland because he lead them to championships (unless they get ridiculously get mad at him for not leading them to seven championships), and he'd be going back to his original team, also not to their rival. Brooklyn is also LeBron's favorite borough, not that playing for the Knicks would make that a big distance, but people could easily make a case for LeBron going there too.

I'd like to see him go back to Cleveland, but not before the Knicks beat him in a Heat uniform in the Playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
By 2015, Tyson will be as useful as Amare.
QFT with Chandler it's more like a big 2 /12 instead of a big 3.

Would love that this would happen but I remember the last time we tried to get him. I don't think we were a close second, it was Miami or Cleveland all along.

bigapple

Starter
There will b no Lebron in NY this is most h8ed player in entire NBA world besdies Heat world.

+ i dont wana see Knicks NBA title with flooping non calls travelling and ref helping.

+ 90% of Lebron plays are dunking there is no ART in his playing style

And There will b also no Chandler and STAT in NYC this team need Center like Ewing as offence

dunking is not enough.

Lebron can choose playing with Irving this is young version of Parker

goNYgo

Rookie
There will b no Lebron in NY this is most h8ed player in entire NBA world besdies Heat world.

+ i dont wana see Knicks NBA title with flooping non calls travelling and ref helping.

+ 90% of Lebron plays are dunking there is no ART in his playing style

And There will b also no Chandler and STAT in NYC this team need Center like Ewing as offence

dunking is not enough.

Lebron can choose playing with Irving this is young version of Parker

There is no art in his playing style? Get the F out of here with that. RESPECT GREATNESS! The guy is the best ALL-AROUND, Physical, dominating basketball player we will ever see. He is 6' 8 - runs a 4.4 - jumps through the roof. He can do ANYTHING he wants. Shoot from the outside. Take you off the dribble. Dunk OVER YOU (Ask the Jet, about that one). Guard any position, 1 - 5. People say he has a bad game, when he gets a triple-double! Are you kidding me? He came into the league and people said he couldn't shoot, what does he do? Work on his jumper. He had no post game? What does he do, works all off season on his post-game. LBJ is an absolute drill and a perfectionist when it comes to the game of basketball.

tiger0330

Legend
There is no art in his playing style? Get the F out of here with that. RESPECT GREATNESS! The guy is the best ALL-AROUND, Physical, dominating basketball player we will ever see. He is 6' 8 - runs a 4.4 - jumps through the roof. He can do ANYTHING he wants. Shoot from the outside. Take you off the dribble. Dunk OVER YOU (Ask the Jet, about that one). Guard any position, 1 - 5. People say he has a bad game, when he gets a triple-double! Are you kidding me? He came into the league and people said he couldn't shoot, what does he do? Work on his jumper. He had no post game? What does he do, works all off season on his post-game. LBJ is an absolute drill and a perfectionist when it comes to the game of basketball.
Lebron is the best player in the game and his will to win makes him that but I was thinking along the lines of what Bigapple was saying that his game is somewhat ugly. His jumpshot is ugly, his postgame the same and even though he may be as great or greater than Jordan, MJ was more artful on the court while Lebron uses his brute strength and athleticism to get it done.

Broadway

All Star
Lebron is the best player in the game and his will to win makes him that but I was thinking along the lines of what Bigapple was saying that his game is somewhat ugly. His jumpshot is ugly, his postgame the same and even though he may be as great or greater than Jordan, MJ was more artful on the court while Lebron uses his brute strength and athleticism to get it done.

Correct. Exception he's not on Jordan's level...just because a basketball player is the greatest that we've seen before a prior great does not make that player as good or greater than them. I still have a hard time putting Lebron ahead of Magic or Bird in terms greatness. Let's keep it real, if we had to face either of those 3 in their prime..... which one of them do you fear most will take the heart and soul from your team in a series?

As fas as his game it's the best of this generation, although that's not saying a lot since this generation is incredibly watered down. While he is a great player the bulk of his game is essentially run down hill 4th down ready set hut....hut ....hut hut....hut...huuuuuuuuttttttt!!! punch it in from the goal line. It's ugly!

He makes other positions on the court become extinct. Basically become a spot up or catch and shoot guy and it doesn't matter which position you play with him. Well fans will say...this proves how great he is...yes and no. It proves he's great with the ball in his hands but off the ball he's rather ordinary. Nor is Lebron near the man defender Jordan was. Lebron can do chase downs and occasionally meet players at the rim but he doesn't stop players from scoring like Jordan did.

Last but not least, why are we revisiting 2010 again, Lebron ain't coming here. We had our chance to tell that manipulating colluder to go fly a kite during his free agency, but instead chose to be a part of one of the biggest farces in NBA history. When he set the protocol up of coming to visit him in Greenwich, CT. I would have contacted his reps and told him naaaahhhhh we're not coming there to see you....after you compete your interviews you can come to MSG/New York to visit us(The Greatest City and Sports Venue to Play In The World).

Had we did that we would have stole the summer headlines and completely blew his cover to smithereens. This is what I'm looking for from this franchise in how to conduct business.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Correct. I still have a hard time putting Lebron ahead of Magic or Bird in terms greatness. Let's keep it real, if we had to face either of those 3 in their prime..... which one of them do you fear most will take the heart and soul from your team in a series?

The only person i'm taking over Lebron is Jordan. As great as Bird and Magic were, Lebron is on another level.

Broadway

All Star
The only person i'm taking over Lebron is Jordan. As great as Bird and Magic were, Lebron is on another level.

So was Magic hence he won a NBA Championship as Rookie playing out of position at Center and put up a ghastly 42/17/5/2/3 game in the Finals. Oh and Magic has 5 titles and he beat G.O.A.T.S. in their Prime with no assistance from refs or a no hand check era.

Broadway

All Star
The sad thing about this generation...speaking for those who have seen a few eras in their lifetime many have quickly forgot about the past generation and are living in the moment.

The conversation and posting is very conditional and agenda oriented.

metrocard

Legend
LeBron ****s on Magic Johnson.

Magic Johnson played in an era where defense wasn't emphasized and he was turnover prone, as well as a **** defender compared to LeBron.

Magic Johnson was an all time great passer, but LeBron triumphs over him in everything. LeBron is a dynamic hybrid player and physically superior to Magic. Passing wise, they're not that far apart. LeBron throws some fast bullet passes, he rarely turns the ball over for a guy who touches the ball as much as he does.

The sad thing about your generation is your inability to let go of the pass and adapt to new life. You're still living in 1987 when Magic was the best in the world to you..it's 2013, players have passed Magic...hell he isn't even the best Laker of all time.

The 80's was **** basketball, it was two team league with the Celtics-Lakers occasionally the Pistons, Bucks, 76ers did work but didn't have enough talent to compete with Boston and LA. Knicks and Bulls were just teams of the future. Cavs had a good team, but the bottom feeders in this era are much much worse than teams like the Bobcats or Cavs.

Broadway

All Star
LeBron ****s on Magic Johnson.

Magic Johnson played in an era where defense wasn't emphasized and he was turnover prone, as well as a **** defender compared to LeBron.

Magic Johnson was an all time great passer, but LeBron triumphs over him in everything. LeBron is a dynamic hybrid player and physically superior to Magic. Passing wise, they're not that far apart. LeBron throws some fast bullet passes, he rarely turns the ball over for a guy who touches the ball as much as he does.

The sad thing about your generation is your inability to let go of the pass and adapt to new life. You're still living in 1987 when Magic was the best in the world to you..it's 2013, players have passed Magic...hell he isn't even the best Laker of all time.

The 80's was **** basketball, it was two team league with the Celtics-Lakers occasionally the Pistons, Bucks, 76ers did work but didn't have enough talent to compete with Boston and LA. Knicks and Bulls were just teams of the future. Cavs had a good team, but the bottom feeders in this era are much much worse than teams like the Bobcats or Cavs.

I'm not stuck in 1987...simply put Lebron hasn't surpassed Magic as a G.O.A.T....is he a physically more talented and capable player than Magic yes but Lebron hasn't even revolutionized the game...Magic did.

When the pressure was about to burst pipes Lebron went to South Beach to cut corners to win...

Magic/Bird/Ewing/Barkley/Miller/Hakeem/Robinson/Malone/Jordan...these guys had chances to play with each other at least 1 or twice but they chose to beat each other. They were about the STRUGGLE...Lebron is and has been about WHAT I'M OWED

Oh and when Lebron was asked who his game most resembles or who he wanted it to resemble he said Magic, although Jordan was his favorite player growing up.

Broadway

All Star
Magic never had 2 EPIC meltdown performances in the Post-Season like Lebron(Celtics/Mavs)...neither did Bird. They never begged off the refs and the league to help get past teams publicly like Lebron...

Start naming point guards or any player for the matter that took it to Magic offensively when the stakes were high(maybe Isiah oh you mean another G.O.A.T.)? Lebron only has a few memorable post-season moments in his career....(Game 5 vs Celtics/series against Pistons/Game 3 or 4 against Pacers/Game 7 vs Spurs) other than this he's been no more other worldly than other G.O.A.T.S.

bigapple

Starter

exactly complete description

NO hangtime no crossover no fadeway no fakeshots no inteligence simply no ART just run and gun

Smaller player like N8 can easly superpass Lebron Nate can jump higher than Lebron

if some1 dont understand it simply just watch his game 6 vs Jazz in 1998 especially what he did to Russel or game 1 vs Blazers 1992

Thats why even MJ is taking Kobe over Lebron Kobe do same things as MJ

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm not stuck in 1987...simply put Lebron hasn't surpassed Magic as a G.O.A.T....is he a physically more talented and capable player than Magic yes but Lebron hasn't even revolutionized the game...Magic did.

When the pressure was about to burst pipes Lebron went to South Beach to cut corners to win...

Magic/Bird/Ewing/Barkley/Miller/Hakeem/Robinson/Malone/Jordan...these guys had chances to play with each other at least 1 or twice but they chose to beat each other. They were about the STRUGGLE...Lebron is and has been about WHAT I'M OWED

Oh and when Lebron was asked who his game most resembles or who he wanted it to resemble he said Magic, although Jordan was his favorite player growing up.

Lebron hasn't revolutionized the game? How many 6'8 260 pound players with the ability to play all 5 positions have there been in NBA history? The guy is a freak of nature and the league has never seen anyone like him. Imagine if he played with Kareem and Worthy instead of Mo Williams and Big Z. He'd win the title every single year. There's nothing that Magic is better than him at except passing

Broadway

All Star
Lebron hasn't revolutionized the game? How many 6'8 260 pound players with the ability to play all 5 positions have there been in NBA history? The guy is a freak of nature and the league has never seen anyone like him. Imagine if he played with Kareem and Worthy instead of Mo Williams and Big Z. He'd win the title every single year. There's nothing that Magic is better than him at except passing

First of Lebron can't play Center hasn't played Center and doesn't play much Power Forward. Meanwhile Magic actually played the Center position in the Finals as a rookie and won a Chip. He revolutionized the game in that he was the first 6'9" 6'8" player to play point guard and dominate at the position. Lebron came after him, trying to do what he's already done. Magic is also better at allowing players who are good become great or great players remain great, while he being a G.O.A.T...meanwhile Lebron forces good to great players give up/sacrifice their game in order for him to maintain his Greatness.

You know when Magic played the Lakers had a moniker style of play...it was called...."SHOWTIME"

What's the Heat style of play?

Once again Magic never choked away a series in the fashion Lebron has vs Celtics right before he left to South Beach and then got throughly outplayed by Dirk in the Finals. Winning 2 chips does not catapult you to G.O.A.T. status.

I also wonder what Magic would do playing next to Wade and Bosh because Lebron didn't accomplish much until he left Cleveland. He couldn't even beat the Dwight Howard led Magic. I wonder how many other good/great players would have accomplished had they had a chance to gimmick up the playing field, by super power colluding?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Oh and Magic has 5 titles

beat Doc twice(Prime)

beat Bird twice(Prime)

beat Isiah once(Prime)

And when looking those players he beat 3 of them make most fans Top 20 All Time G.O.A.T. list. He went to 3 more Finals totaling 8 and lost to Isiah/Bird/Jordan still G.O.A.T.S.

Now tell me who has Lebron beat in the Finals Duncan(Past Prime) and Durant.....1 more than likely Top 10 G.O.A.T. the other underdetermined.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I hate LeBron but he is better then magic. His vision is on par. He's a way better defender, he's stronger faster his offense is way better.... Yeah magic had 42 at c but he gave up close to the same amount in that game. Bron over magic is a no question

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2