what do you think is biggest Problem with knicks

jzero29

Rotation player
at this point I'd like to say it's either the Coach or lack of PG...but it's probably Jim Dolan. He's responsible for pushing the melo trade through, despite donny walsh...we probably would have gotten him anyway(i love melo) or landed PG D.Williams who would have been a better fit for D'Antoni and Stat.

He also is responsible for letting this team start the year without a legitimate PG. I like the chandler aquisition, but we miss Billups big time. Banking on us getting B. Davis in the first place and then his health. Dolan sucks.

Not to mention, the lock out was bad enough, then he negotiates unfairly with Time warner...greed and stupidity...I am a step away from being a Brooklyn nets fan as I suspect so many are when they have a better team then the Knicks next year.
I would never have thought I'd say it, but if they somehow get Dwight howard and the knicks have the same crappy chemistry, coach and @55hole owner ... I'll be a Brooklyn fan next year. As a life long knick fan and NJ hater, It kills me to think about, but I can't take the results of DOLAN anymore.

knicksin60

Starter
Even the dumbest human being to ever walk this earth would know what the biggest problem with the Knicks is.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
it starts with the coach-the lineups he uses on the floor, not playing players that can contribute more then other players, poor execution, no plays, waiting to call timeouts till were down double digits, and for the simple fact his only motivation he has for the players is "lets go lets go lets go"

2nd problem we have no PG

3rd problem OUR BENCH SUCKS

Dumbtoni gets my vote for biggest problem though.

when baron comes back and we dont win our first game with him back and if dantoni still has no game plan or any effective plays. i want him fired... not just fired i want him fired in the post conference after the game i want dolan to be there to tell him he's fired in front of reporters i want him fired on the spot Vince mcmahan WWE style. i have no sympathy for dantoni.

i want him to repeatedly here that he is fired just so he can grasp it all in as well. EXAMPLE SHOWN IN VIDEO BELOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7zo1BvvA4

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Point guard. Do I think MDA is some great coach? No, I don't. But lack of a true playmaker and a guy that can control the game, control tempo, feed guys where they need the ball, etc.. That's the biggest problem in my eyes...If we had even a halfway decent playmaker, we'd have a better record (how much better i couldn't tell ya, just better) and we wouldn't be all over D'Antoni as much as we are.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Point guard. Do I think MDA is some great coach? No, I don't. But lack of a true playmaker and a guy that can control the game, control tempo, feed guys where they need the ball, etc.. That's the biggest problem in my eyes...If we had even a halfway decent playmaker, we'd have a better record (how much better i couldn't tell ya, just better) and we wouldn't be all over D'Antoni as much as we are.
he has a pg (LIN) that he chooses to not play unless its garbage mins not only does Lin not hesitate to get into the lane but he makes decent passes and plays at his own pace. He forces the action at times but that nothing a little more play time can help cure. dantoni just chooses not to use him why.. idk he rather let turnover douglas eat up mins i guarantee you if LIN shot as many 3's as douglas he'd get playtime under dantoni

Dantoni had his big 3 already and failed in phoenix

Nash, joe johnson, Stat. how do you not win a championship with a lineup of nash,richardarson,joe johnson,marion and stoudemire with a decent bench

if he cant make that work he aint making the knicks work no matter who the PG is. Mind you the Big 3 miami heat/ westbrook, durant,perkins/ cp3,griffin/jordan/ rose,boozer,noah and all these other tandems in the NBA did not even exist at this time

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Yea your actually right lack of a competent PG is the biggest issue then MDA as the head coach

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's hard not to say coaching is a problem after watching a few games. I watched these guys chuck up 20 three pointers only to lead the Heat by 4 points. I immediately said to my wife 'these guys should be leading by 10 with all of the 3's they've made'. As Charles Barkley says 'Live by the 3, die by the 3'. And that's exactly what they did.

Although Melo was out a few games, the offense never went directly through Amare. How is this not a coaching issue?

Second issue, most of you guy have already identified it, where's the point guard. Letting Billups go was a bad amateurish move. I was not in favor of gutting the team for Melo. We can clearly see who got the better end of that deal. Melo is a great scorer but he chucks up too many shots and doesn't make anyone better.

It's not a total bust. We need a solid PG. I'd much rather have Davis in a supporting role as a backup PG. Bring back Felton or Billups. We've got a good supporting cast now. PG is the only missing piece. Coaching has to be addressed. Not saying get rid of D'Antoni, but he's got to emphasize inside scoring. Try running the offense through Amare for a change.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
our porblem living in the past, thanks sport you mention the obvious, but stop living in the past and think of solution. fire MDA great solution, trade PG great solution. we needs solution, sound nagging old fart

fender0577

Rotation player
1. No PG (yes)
2. Poor Coach (yes)
3. Two Overrated "Superstars" (how can you say that?)
4. Horrible Bench (how do you know if they never play)
Well put, i was going to say the same thing, STAT and MELO, both average over 21 ppg for their careers, and the bench never plays.Antoni is by far the our biggest problem, every time a team goes on a run, this guy sits one of our stars and brings in TD or walker, what the hell is wrong with this guy.He use to do the same thing last year with shawn williams, it's like he would hear CLYDE say the knicks need help on the boards and on Q, williams is ripping off the sweats, it was comical, we had a 7footer sitting right there and hear comes williams to shoot corner 3's, LOL.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Well put, i was going to say the same thing, STAT and MELO, both average over 21 ppg for their careers, and the bench never plays.Antoni is by far the our biggest problem, every time a team goes on a run, this guy sits one of our stars and brings in TD or walker, what the hell is wrong with this guy.He use to do the same thing last year with shawn williams, it's like he would hear CLYDE say the knicks need help on the boards and on Q, williams is ripping off the sweats, it was comical, we had a 7footer sitting right there and hear comes williams to shoot corner 3's, LOL.

ok good so you do see that too, i thought i was crazy, but the lineups this monkey puts in there are funny sometimes. at no point should we have both melo and stat on the bench at the same time. there are times i see chandler hanging out with both of them on the bench meanwhile bill walker and TD are chucking up 3's and our big man jarred jeffries is chillin on the 3 point line hoisting up corner 3's? im sorry but since when does JJ have range? any range? i cant remember when he could make a 15foot jumper why is he shooting 20+?

And one other thing Dolan is a TURD yes, but he isn't sellin this team even though every true Knicks fan prays that day will come soon. So we have to deal with his non sense for now :(.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Coach - PG - Billups - Colan - Me-lo

They're under-coached: Offensively, the system has its pluses, but, with this team anyway, is out of place and doesn't provide an inside game for 2 good inside scorers. The system is predictable because it's limited by its executors, and that shows every time we play a decent team unless we're hitting +40% from 3 on +20 attempts. Rotation too short, no set plays for dire need baskets, no cognition between players. Pathetic.

Mike Woodson isn't doing well defensively, either. Mastermind of the mismatching switch :whatever:

No PG: Last year it was a center, this year it's a general. We lay our aspirations on Davis who hasn't played for half a year, and is coming off an injury so debilitating that it effects/has effected people's/Davis' day to day living. Getting him for the minimum is a thumbs up move.

Believing that extending Billups' contract would put us in the running for Paul in a trade: This was absolute lunacy. It amazed me that so many were convinced it was in the bag. A wedding toast that drove people to absurdity.

We should have offered CB the mini MLE [given the circumstances were right] or something similar. Instead we use our only amnesty clause to waive a player we just payed almost $14M to make room for Chandler. One injury from feeling the horrid sting of that monumental **** up.

Not assassinating Jim Colan: I put the blame on myself.

Trading all our future assets for Carmelo Anthony: If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. Not really a big fan of the guy, obviously. Why, you may ask? Because thus far he's done shit for this organization, bar muscle his way in to it on his terms. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. If he'd have come here on the terms that best suited the Knicks - our team - and signed as a free agent, I'd be loving him! We'd have a better team and be winning more games if he had. Simple, isn't it? But, if it hasn't become apparent to all sporting a brain, the Melo trade was about money and "getting what I want" for 2 rich brats.

My adoration, or lack there of, for Melo is determined by our conference ranking. STAT is accountable too, but he came here as a free agent when times were tough. There in lies the disparity. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

So far his Knick resum? doesn't afford him the start in the ASG, IMO.

If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

knicks.jpg
>
carmelo-anthony-knicks.jpg

It's only a point point guard issue because this coach whole gameplan depends on an extraordinary PG. Anyone can dribble the rock down court and dump it into (or around the paint) for Amare, Melo, and/or Chandler. But that's not what we are doing. Whats so hard about that? All the coach has to do is run plays that will have either of these 3 around the paint. Amare is best around the paint where all he has to do is dribble the rock once or twice to make a move inside for a bucket and 1. Having him around the parimeter trying to shake and bake has always caused turnovers. You have to be a complete dunce to allow your best players to do this constantly. Mello can go anywhere and that will be best for him (and the team) because he can easily create space for self and others. Chandler just has to time his in and out's around the paint...something him and Amare should be working on.

Instead, we rush shots when we don't have to. We take too many jump shots from outside with guys like Amare,Melo and Jorts.

Our problem resides with the coach. Slow the damn game down, save some of that energy for the defense,run some freaking plays, and please stop saying "lets go, lets go, lets go. I mean were the hell are they going... running down court just to toss up another pray?

fender0577

Rotation player
Our problem resides with the coach. Slow the damn game down, save some of that energy for the defense,run some freaking plays, and please stop saying "lets go, lets go, lets go. I mean were the hell are they going... running down court just to toss up another pray?[/QUOTE]LMAO, i though i was the only one who noticed him yelling let's go,let's go, all game long, this guy is clueless.