Lakers-Knicks Discussing Pau/Amare Swap?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
:crossfingers: i hope it's true

Pau may be soft, but he definitely fits better than Amare + well be getting rid of Amare's horrible contract

Amare for Pau is a STEAL for us.

Pau = passing, Legit post up threat, higher IQ, Better knees, Rebounds.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer

Pau may be soft, but he definitely fits better than Amare + well be getting rid of Amare's horrible contract

hes got tendonitis in his knees though, but we would also fit pau's game better also and i can imagine those high low passes to tyson

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

It's funny reading the sentiments both teams fanbases have about their star PF's Laker fans think of Pau the same way you guys view Amare they can't wait to get rid of the guy. On the Laker forum I post on there was actually a trade Pau for Amare thread and most of them wanted Amare though he's injured.

I'm just saying this to let you guys know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Pau but he looks done it's been 3 years under 3 different coaches where he's been bad. At least with Amare you guys don't know for sure if he's done or not yet. I do think if both players were to play well they'd be good fits for each team more so than their current one.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Pau is the better player and fits our style perfectly. He also has the shorter contract. Throw in Novak as well if that's what it takes

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
you guys smoking? you dont throw in novak, that actually the best thing LA and MDA can get out of this trade, cus novak in MDA's offense is fire, hed be left wide open with dwight on the low blocks and kobe on the perimeter... useen artest so far.... what do u think novak would be, hiting wide open 3's

Wargames

Starter
first off be careful the lakers are the king of rape deals that end up in their favor which is the opposite of the knicks

Pau for Amare is cool
Pau for Novak and Amare is borderline rape cause we still have a weakness in scoring though we will be more efficient (except when Pau goes soft on the knicks)
Pau and MWP for Amare and Novak would be nice Cause it would allow the knicks to have a real SF to play Defense and bring a different look when resting Melo

RIght now They can't even deal for Novak though.... it would likely involve picks and/or shump on our side. So I am not a ok with this trade.

unless we could avoid trading shump at all and maybe Novak maybe for MWP. it would add significantly to our overall defense while allowing Pau to score in a system where he could see more touches. A final part of this trade would likely be that both Gasol and Metta come off in 2 years allowing the knicks to offer the max to Kevin Love.

Felton / Kidd / Pablo
Shump/ JR / Brewer
Melo / MWP /White
Pau / Sheed / Copeland
Chandler / Kurt / Camby (is camby really that out of shape?)

metrocard

Legend
It's funny reading the sentiments both teams fanbases have about their star PF's Laker fans think of Pau the same way you guys view Amare they can't wait to get rid of the guy. On the Laker forum I post on there was actually a trade Pau for Amare thread and most of them wanted Amare though he's injured.

I'm just saying this to let you guys know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I love Pau but he looks done it's been 3 years under 3 different coaches where he's been bad. At least with Amare you guys don't know for sure if he's done or not yet. I do think if both players were to play well they'd be good fits for each team more so than their current one.

Pau can never be "done" offensively, his awareness, passing, and pick and roll play makes him more valuable than Amare. The ball dies with Amare, Pau actually moves the ball and finds open guys...offensive generator. Excellent addition to the Knicks.

Even if Pau is declining, he's been the better rebounder and defender over Amare the last 3 years.

Knicks with Pau

Kidd
Shumpert
Anthony
Gasol
Chandler

Bench
Felton
Smith
Brewer
Wallace
Camby

Novak
Prigioni

at 100%, that's easily the best and most well rounded team in the NBA.

BTW, screw Novak. For what he does, he's actually overpaid. Knicks shred some salary and get a better player. Novak can have fun trying to find minutes to play in LA over WORLD PEACE who will be D'Antoni's boy, bet on it.

Lakers get Amare and would be so easy to strip and they won't have any ball security with two big clumsy guys in the post with Amare and Dwight.

Wargames

Starter
I'm still iffy about this.... Amare for Pau sounds to reasonable the lakers really take pride in raping teams and the Knicks are known for grabbing their ankles quicker than anybody. Between the rumors about Raja Bell it sounds like they wan't a defensive playing 2 guard like shump.... our only legally tradable player who could/would be reasonable to add to sweeten a deal.....

If a trade happens later then maybe we don't get raped.... but right now I am telling you shump is likely part of what the lakers want for taking on the worse Amare Contract.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm still iffy about this.... Amare for Pau sounds to reasonable the lakers really take pride in raping teams and the Knicks are known for grabbing their ankles quicker than anybody. Between the rumors about Raja Bell it sounds like they wan't a defensive playing 2 guard like shump.... our only legally tradable player who could/would be reasonable to add to sweeten a deal.....

If a trade happens later then maybe we don't get raped.... but right now I am telling you shump is likely part of what the lakers want for taking on the worse Amare Contract.

I wouldn't even trade Shump straight up for Gasol let alone Shump and Amare. That would be a raping of a lifetime

erivera

Benchwarmer
if the lakers were to acquire stoudemire could they amnesty him after the season if they don't want him? i don't think the lakers have used their amnesty clause.

if the lakers were to acquire stoudemire could they amnesty him after the season if they don't want him? i don't think the lakers have used their amnesty clause.

No. No team can amnesty Amar'e Stoudemire. The only team that may amnesty a player is the team that had him on their roster prior to the end of the lockout. Which means the Knicks were the only team allowed to amnesty him. But since the Knicks spent their amnesty already, they can't use it anymore, at least not till the next CBA is signed, assuming the next CBA will also include a one-time amnesty clause. But right now, ZERO teams in the NBA may amnesty Amar'e Stoudemire. Teams can't trade for him and then amnesty him, it doesn't work that way.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
First of all, a straight up trade of Amar'e to Pau would work. Adding a guy like Novak or Shump would be stupid. I trust Grunwald to not let us get raped from a trade like this.

Its obvious that MDA doesn't like Pau. In a column from NBA.com I read that he wanted Gasol to stop posting up and attempt more midrange shots. That's not Gasol's game, which translated to him getting little to no minutes during fourth quarters. A trade like this would make sense for the Knicks. Aside from the lackluster defense, it is evident that Melo needs a wingman who can carry the offense consistently, and Gasol would be a terrific fit for a role in this Knicks team. I hope this trade goes through. That loss to the Nets hurts like we got eliminated from the Playoffs. And I haven't even watched it yet. :boohoo:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If it were STAT and Novak, I'd do it. Not a reactionary comment in regard to Novak, BTW, I just think that he's not likely to fit the mould with Woodson.

● Are the Lakers legit about this though?

Where do Amar'e, D12 and Kobe find a cognitive nich??

Surely Gasol returning to form (as well as being insured) is better than trying to fit in Amar'e considering Gasol's experience in LA and his diversity. If people have an issue with his defence, then they're not likely to enjoy the services of STAT.

I just can't see LA replacing what's considered a bad contract with a worse one that's uninsured. They'd be that much better off with 1 or multiple unwanted expiring contracts and focusing on the trio of Howard, Bryant and Nash, and from there adding what they can to their window of opportunity.

I give this a 1 in 100 chance of even being a remote possibility. The Lakers aren't that stupid, and we're not that lucky.

carlito1171

Rookie
If the Knicks trade Shump to LA, they can take Grunwald with him......

However, I would welcome Gasol for Amare. Better post presence, better rebounder. I think he would be a perfect fit.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Gasol/MWP/Meeks for Stoudemire/Novak/Copeland/2nd Rounder

Gasol- His IQ meshed well with Carmelo and Chandler. Similar to how Marc Gasol has evolved and made the dynamics between Randolph/Gay non existent Pau will do that for us. He's a true #2 option and will give 19 and 9 with ease. If you watched him in the Olympics you'll see how great he is. I think being the 3rd or 4th fiddle in LA hurts him because he needs to be involved to thrive and will be just that for us.

MWP- More toughnes but better yet another perimeter defender and strong rebounder for our potential small ball lineup. Sheed/MWP/Camby/Kurt you think these guys are gonna let the Heat walk over them, I dont think so. Ron can also hit the corner 3 and I think playing in New York, his hometown, would bring out more in him

Meeks- I think Meeks who is no where near the shooter Novak is would be a better fit because he's more athletic and would work better off of screens since Novak is so slow footed. I dont want to trade Novak but if it means getting Gasol then so be it

Potential Rotation

C- Tyson Chandler
F- Pau Gasol
F- Carmelo Anthony
G- Ronnie Brewer
G- Raymond Felton

Key Reserves

G- Jason Kidd
G- JR Smith
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Iman Shumpert
F- Rasheed Wallace