Stephen A. Smith on ESPN radio Now!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Seriously.
Lin's numbers the past 2 games POST D'antoni.

19 points
10 assists
1 steal
3 rebounds
2 TO

18 points
6 assists
7 rebounds
1 steals
2 TO

How the FOCK is this "marginal"?
How the FOCK is this "borderline in NBA standard"?

Dude RELAX! You really getting all pumped up over one mans opinion? You are one HARDCORE Lin fan I see, lol.

Call SAS @ 1 800 919 3776 and state your opinion.

munco

Benchwarmer
Did i say he is more knowledgeable than anyone? Reread my post.
I simply disagree with such a statement as "his NBA knowledge is limited".
I am not familiar with your posts, but i think Metrocard understands Bball as well as anyone here, but if you two are SAS haters, then your opinion about him can not be objective.

I was asking if you thought he was more knowledgeable than anyone based off the "NBA knowledge is limited" bit. I don't think there's a big difference, but with that said what's even said for you think his NBA knowledge is not limited? I've been watching him for however many years and I not once have thought wow that is a great insight. When I compare him to other analysts or even journalists I don't think he's on their level. On the flip he is louder and more obnoxious than anyone at ESPN which perhaps keeps him employed.

As far as objectivity. I gave him a shot but again I've become a hater for what he consistently brings to the table which is nothing.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
As far as objectivity. I gave him a shot but again I've become a hater for what he consistently brings to the table which is nothing.

This is funny because you just admitted that you are a hater which authomaticly makes your opinion about the hated person non objective.

munco

Benchwarmer
This is funny because you just admitted that you are a hater which authomaticly makes your opinion about the hated person non objective.

I was saying I was being objective at first but I then formed an opinion after giving him a chance. You can say I'm not objective now because he's an obnoxious loudmouth that brings little to the table. He started with a clean slate though.

So I listened to his comments about Lin.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7709891&s=nyc
Fast forward to 25 mins.

My conclusion is this: SAS does not know what the word "marginal" means.

His comments are pretty contradictory. Either that or he mentions Lin's good points to justify laying the smack down on him.

A marginal player in the NBA is a scrub which he says Lin is not. Marginal players are 3rd string players. Marginal players have marginal stats. There are no regular starters in the NBA who I'd say are marginal players.

Is Lin a hall of famer? Probably not. Is he in the top 10 PGs in the league? Maybe not. That doesn't mean he's "marginal."

The other reason why he looks bad is that Lin is essentially a rookie. It's unfair to judge players so early in their career. It would be more appropriate to say he was inexperienced, has a lot to learn or is green. Give the guy a few years to develop before labeling him.

But labeling aside, Lin's stats have been great. Yes, he's had games where he was shutdown but he should be judged by his total body of work. The kid was clutch in the 4Q today much like he's been this season.

He's probably doing it for ratings but SAS is a grade-A a**hole in my book.

knicksin60

Starter
Stephen A.Smith is the African American version of Mike Fatcessa. He yells at callers and purposely gets fans riled up so his show can get high ratings. The only good thing that he's ever did throughout his broadcasting career was tell people that Lebron was going to South Beach.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
So I listened to his comments about Lin.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7709891&s=nyc
Fast forward to 25 mins.

My conclusion is this: SAS does not know what the word "marginal" means.

My exact thoughts.
This guy isn't very educated or at least he is coming across as a moron. It is such tragedy for anyone to use the word "marginal" to describe a starting PG that averages close to 18 points per game, 7 assists, 4 rebounds. :teeth:

Posted this a page up.

SAS don't even know what "marginal" mean. Maybe i'll help this dude.

mar?gin?al

 /ˈmɑrdʒənl/ Show Spelled[mahr-juh-nl] Show IPA
adjective 1. pertaining to a margin.

2. situated on the border or edge.

3. at the outer or lower limits; minimal for requirements; almost insufficient: marginal subsistence; marginal ability.

4. written or printed in the margin of a page: a marginal note.

5. Sociology . marked by contact with disparate cultures, and acquiring some but not all the traits or values common to any one of them.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Dude RELAX! You really getting all pumped up over one mans opinion? You are one HARDCORE Lin fan I see, lol.

Call SAS @ 1 800 919 3776 and state your opinion.

I tried, but he won't take my call.
I would tear that semi-educated high school education of his apart. :smokin:

nyk_nyk

All Star
My exact thoughts.
This guy isn't very educated or at least he is coming across as a moron. It is such tragedy for anyone to use the word "marginal" to describe a starting PG that averages close to 18 points per game, 7 assists, 4 rebounds. :teeth:

Posted this a page up.

SAS don't even know what "marginal" mean. Maybe i'll help this dude.

mar?gin?al

 /ˈmɑrdʒənl/ Show Spelled[mahr-juh-nl] Show IPA
adjective 1. pertaining to a margin.

2. situated on the border or edge.

3. at the outer or lower limits; minimal for requirements; almost insufficient: marginal subsistence; marginal ability.

4. written or printed in the margin of a page: a marginal note.

5. Sociology . marked by contact with disparate cultures, and acquiring some but not all the traits or values common to any one of them.

But don't you think you're taking this a bit too far? It's ok man, SAS is not the voice of God. Lin has been playing well so just enjoy him along with ALL the other Knick players. Don't just be a Lin STAN.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
He does favor his friend Fields and looks for him first and everybody else second, i am sure Woody will fix that, overdribbles a lot, often misses wide open teammates and drives in the defensive wall or turns the ball over.

That's very serious accusation there you're saying.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Don't you guys get it? Stephen A. needs drama to get you all to listen to his show. Without calling out a star like Lin, talking bad about Melo, or questioning our recent good play, none of you would even care to listen to him today.

Lin is playing just fine. We don't need him to be a superstar, we just need him to be an average PG. I don't care what title the media wants to give him. All we know as fans is that he is a special player that has made us a MUCH better team and filled a void (pg) that we desperately needed to have filled.

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: