Trade Rumor - SHAT for DUNG + Tyrus Tom

CoolClyde

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981790587

NBA Trade Rumors ? Luol Deng to NY Knicks?
December 01, 2012 08:15 PM EST
Chicago had the best overall record in the NBA the past two seasons, but the injury to Derrick Rose has shown that this team is basically a one-man offense, and the Bulls need to make some changes.

Bleacher Report writer Jamal Collier has some interesting ideas on how Chicago can improve, and it starts with the trading of Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer.

The potential deal involves three teams and some big salaries with the Bulls sending Deng to the NY Knicks and Boozer to Charlotte. Amar'e Stoudemire and Gerald Henderson would be sent to the Bulls with New York also getting Tyrus Thomas.

With the NBA salary cap restrictions, this deal would work for all three teams. Bulls fans would welcome the Boozer move, and the Bobcats would rid themselves of a bad contract in Thomas, but all three teams would also benefit from such a trade.

Stoudemire would give Chicago a scoring threat in the paint and a decent rebounder, while New York gets a solid all-around player in Deng and some depth with the addition of Thomas. Charlotte gets a solid player in Boozer and a veteran that could help lead the young Bobcats for several more years.

With the trade deadline still weeks away, this is a solid idea, and the fact it makes each team better than they are currently makes this a deal worth looking into for all three franchises.
----------------------------------------

don't know if this rumor has any legs, if this writer has any clue, or if this
website has any legitimacy, but i'd take DENG for STAT and Tyrus Thomas in a flash.

edit: writer is from Bleacher Report, where "idea" emanates... prob as bogus as the KO Trade Forum thread

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
i would not do this deal, makes us play even smaller, and i dont like that

Deng can play some shooting guard. From what I see, it forces us to play bigger with Felton, Deng, Melo, Tyrus, and TC as the starting 5 compared to Felty, Kidd, Brewer, Melo and TC.

But whatever, I think this rumor will not happen. I dunno, its too good to be true lol.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Interesting trade, but it's just a fleeting thought. Deng in STAT's place would be pretty intriguing, but as intriguing as it is, it's a helluva lot more unlikely.

I'd like to see us acquire a good rebounding power forward more than another SF though, for sure. JJ Hickson of Portland has been boarding well this year. He's a good example of what I mean.

And as I said when the Gasol for Amar'e trade thing came through ~ no other team's dumb enough to trade for STAT, and we're not lucky enough to make the team better by trading him.

Bleacher Report, on the other hand, are daft enough to throw something like this out there after a session on the ESPN trade machine.

Sage

Rotation player
Nice idea, but we need a rebounding PF far more than any of those other pieces.

I honestly think we're going to be stuck with Amar'e, I doubt even D'Antoni wants him.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I hate this trade. Amare is our 2nd legit scoring option, and he didn't have enough chances with woody, cant wait to have him back!

I hate this trade. Amare is our 2nd legit scoring option, and he didn't have enough chances with woody, cant wait to have him back!
This! Don't worry, the same people that doubted Felton before the season are the ones that are still doubting Amare. It's crazy how Knicks fans have turned their back on him when he was in MVP considerations and is the main reason Melo is even here. He will be back and will prove everyone wrong, just don't jump on the Amare bandwagon when he starts playing well again.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Why would we do this? This is ridiculous. Our biggest weaknesses right now are as follows

Lack of size, we play too small

Lack of rebounding

Lack of Shot blocking

Lack of Inside scoring, we shoot way to many jumpers and struggle to get inside...

Now... If you don't like Amar'e fine.. But honestly, he fixes all three of those problems. We should see him come back and how the team plays first before considering anything. This deal doesn't make us better at all.

If we make a trade for Amar'e it should be on another power forward with inside scoring and rebounding. Any other trade doesn't even make any sense.

Forrest17

Rotation player

Yeah, in his worst season he averaged almost 18 points a game and 8 rebounds.. Who other than melo averages numbers like that.

Yeah, sure he isn't good on defense. But trading to make us smaller will in the end hurt us defensively more than any player like amar'e will. All he has too do is rebound and block some... or f*ck.. just TRY to block some shots so we don't get destroyed in the paint or give up a million second chance points. Its a friggin joke how many offensive boards we give up because we play too small and we suck at rebounding

and luol deng won't help us with any of this. We already have enough players that fit into Dengs role. We have Carmelo, Shumpert, Brewer, Smith, and Kidd. The last thing we really need is a player like him

I mean.. imagine this scenario.. Chandler, and Wallace get injured.. (Or Chandler gets injured and wallace gets ejected).. That means melo in all likelyhood will be getting minutes at Center. Which is just, insane and cannot happen.

Last edited:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
No one has any problem with Amar'e when it comes to his ability to score points but do you not realise we are scoring more than enough points? We need a PF that is a dominant rebounder consistently and then we will be a real force to be reckoned with.

I don't understand why people can't see what is blatently in front of them. I don't doubt that Melo and Amar'e can play together but I still doubt that it will ever be the best option for this team.

Ironcially David Lee would now be perfect for this team. If the Pau rumours had anything to them at all I'd be doing cartwheels for days.

iJoe

Rotation player
No one has any problem with Amar'e when it comes to his ability to score points but do you not realise we are scoring more than enough points? We need a PF that is a dominant rebounder consistently and then we will be a real force to be reckoned with.

I don't understand why people can't see what is blatently in front of them. I don't doubt that Melo and Amar'e can play together but I still doubt that it will ever be the best option for this team.

Ironcially David Lee would now be perfect for this team. If the Pau rumours had anything to them at all I'd be doing cartwheels for days.

I would agree but put in context with this thread... I hardly think Tyrus Thomas and Deng address any of our weaknesses.

Lee is probably a better fit for us, but he's still a sieve on defense while providing no shot blocking. Considering how well Amare carried this team the first year, there was no way Lee could have done the same.

I think the better fit would be someone like Serge Ibalka (it'll probably never happen) who could run with the best of the team, scare teams ****less with his shot blocking, has a midrange shot and best of all doesn't need a lot of plays called for him.

bigapple

Starter
Gasol will sit on bench for whole upcoming game . 4 me its sing that he will be traded but on all twitts i see "no works with trade"

petescud

Starter
Unless we steal someone really good at the PF position i think we give Amar'e his chance to dominate again

Rob Low

Rotation player
Deng can play some shooting guard. From what I see, it forces us to play bigger with Felton, Deng, Melo, Tyrus, and TC as the starting 5 compared to Felty, Kidd, Brewer, Melo and TC.

But whatever, I think this rumor will not happen. I dunno, its too good to be true lol.

Are you serious bro? Tyrus Thomas might be the worst player in the league, i'd start Copeland before i'd start Thomas and with Melo, Deng is unnecessary. Awful trade for us and we'd take 10 steps back if we did it

CoolClyde

Are you serious bro? Tyrus Thomas might be the worst player in the league, i'd start Copeland before i'd start Thomas and with Melo, Deng is unnecessary. Awful trade for us and we'd take 10 steps back if we did it

:agreed:
i'd start Copeland before Tyrus Tom.

the more i read this thread, i realize STAT deserves a chance to be all that he can be before ANY trades
are discussed. remember Knicks gave up on always-injured Antonio McDyess and he went on to semi-greatness.
rock on KO!