Phillies getting Halladay?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thank the Lord!!! As long as he doesn't come to the Yankees, I'm happy. We would have lost much talent. Phillies are going to give up a lot for halladay.

ANU

Starter
the mets better blow that team up if they do.forget about it.phil win it this year, and maybe next year.the yanks will end up with him next year anyway so it doesn't matter.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
the mets better blow that team up if they do.forget about it.phil win it this year, and maybe next year.the yanks will end up with him next year anyway so it doesn't matter.

Mets should have blown there team up after last season... Minaya is a ****ing retard..

**** the Phillies.

Philadelphia is the worst sport city in America...

Absolutely right my friend..

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Lackey might be going to Boston...
Halladay might now be a Philly...

Yankees need to do something with out pitching, I got a feeling that CC-Andy-AJ-Joba won't win us a second ring.

And Mets better get Jason Bay and Bengie Molina. As much as I am a Yankee fan, I don't want to see Philly dominate them this year.

Lackey might be going to Boston...
Halladay might now be a Philly...

Yankees need to do something with out pitching, I got a feeling that CC-Andy-AJ-Joba won't win us a second ring.

And Mets better get Jason Bay and Bengie Molina. As much as I am a Yankee fan, I don't want to see Philly dominate them this year.
Bengie Molina is shit but he's the only option available. If he gets signed for anything over 2yrs i'll be pissed.

Personally, I'd perfer Bay over Holliday because he's cheaper, and his swing fits Citi Field better.

If all the details of the Halladay deal turn out to be true, it's really a lateral move for Philly. They're giving up Lee, who is younger and less injury prone, and dominated the NL last season. Some reports say they're giving up Dominic Brown, their top prospect, and on top of all this they have to lock up Halladay long term, tying their hands financially for years. From a Mets fan's perspective, it could be worse.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Bengie Molina is shit but he's the only option available. If he gets signed for anything over 2yrs i'll be pissed.

Personally, I'd perfer Bay over Holliday because he's cheaper, and his swing fits Citi Field better.

If all the details of the Halladay deal turn out to be true, it's really a lateral move for Philly. They're giving up Lee, who is younger and less injury prone, and dominated the NL last season. Some reports say they're giving up Dominic Brown, their top prospect, and on top of all this they have to lock up Halladay long term, tying their hands financially for years. From a Mets fan's perspective, it could be worse.

Exactly, and what do the Mets have at Catcher?

The Mets could be a wildcard team next year if they stay healthy...
Reyes
Castillo
Wright
Beltran
Bay
Murphy
Francouer
Molina

That sounds like an 85 win team or so. (idk the exact lineup)

I dont really know the Mets pitchers besides Johan and Maine.

And if the Phillies trade both Lee and Happ, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Trading 2 great guys...I hope Happ is included in that trade

Exactly, and what do the Mets have at Catcher?

The Mets could be a wildcard team next year if they stay healthy...
Reyes
Castillo
Wright
Beltran
Bay
Murphy
Francouer
Molina

That sounds like an 85 win team or so. (idk the exact lineup)

I dont really know the Mets pitchers besides Johan and Maine.

And if the Phillies trade both Lee and Happ, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Trading 2 great guys...I hope Happ is included in that trade
That's still a sad, sad bottom of the lineup (Fancouer, Murphy, Molina). Francouer is not as good as he played in the 2nd half of the season with the Mets. Look for him to hit about .250-.275. Murphy's approach changed mid-season last year from conservative, walk-first, to attack. His average climbed because of this but his OBP didn't see the same increase. Molina..meh. Look for 5-10 homers from a 35 year old starting catcher.

The rotation as-is looks like:
Johan
Pelfrey
Maine
Perez
Niese

They needed one of Lackey/Halladay badly for that spark after Santana's spot in the rotation. Now what's left is Chapman (Cuban kid), Marquis, Piniero, Sheets, etc. And Sheets is asking for $10MM per.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
the mets could have had halladay for reyes and change? are you ****ing kidding me? omar should punch himself in the face.fire his ass.with johan and halladay, maybe holiday or bay, you're in the championship conversation.what an idiot.

the mets could have had halladay for reyes and change? are you ****ing kidding me? omar should punch himself in the face.fire his ass.with johan and halladay, maybe holiday or bay, you're in the championship conversation.what an idiot.
There's no way this could be true. The Jays want top prospects from every other MLB team, but want Jose Reyes, who's under contract for 2 or 3 more years, and whose trade value is as low as it's ever been, from the Mets? Don't think so.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

No it isn't. They still need to find a solid replacement for Delgado. Murphy ain't gunna cut it.

And Philly is still in their division, that don't make it any easier.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
There's no way this could be true. The Jays want top prospects from every other MLB team, but want Jose Reyes, who's under contract for 2 or 3 more years, and whose trade value is as low as it's ever been, from the Mets? Don't think so.
i heard that from adam schein on loudmouths.he might havbe been talking out his ass though.mets blog mentioned that the blue jays wanted an offer involving pelfrey.they mentioned mike Francesca said the jays wanted reyes.
No it isn't. They still need to find a solid replacement for Delgado. Murphy ain't gunna cut it.

And Philly is still in their division, that don't make it any easier.
are you kidding? if you have 2 number 1 pitchers who happen to be perennial cy young candidates, you're in championship contention.point blank.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i heard that from adam schein on loudmouths.he might havbe been talking out his ass though.mets blog mentioned that the blue jays wanted an offer involving pelfrey.they mentioned mike Francesca said the jays wanted reyes.

are you kidding? if you have 2 number 1 pitchers who happen to be perennial cy young candidates, you're in championship contention.point blank.

2? Whos the second? All I see is Santana.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
if you add halladay, you would have 2 with santana.santana + halladay = 2.

Ahh. But not necessarily. Pelfrey is average, Maine is coming off injury isn't he? and Perez is awful.

If two Cy Young Candidates= A Ring, the Giants would have won the world series. Or the Cardinals.

ANU

Starter
Ahh. But not necessarily. Pelfrey is average, Maine is coming off injury isn't he? and Perez is awful.

If two Cy Young Candidates= A Ring, the Giants would have won the world series. Or the Cardinals.
either way.this team needs t get blowed up.trying to peice this disaster together is just delaying the inevitable.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Mets Need pitching, In the NL you win games with good pitching and strong defense... The mets lineup right now is ok, If you add bay it makes them legit contenders... As far as Halladay going to the phillies I'm a little shocked they would just trade Lee away for Halladay, Without Lee, lets be honest philly might not have even been in the world series. And yes we know Roy is great in the months of April-September, But can he handle October? Especially in philly with those uneducated dildo's they have for fans.