1/20/14: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets (2:30 pm)

Broadway

All Star
I thought too many people jumped on Kidd too early and called him a failure too soon.. I believe he will be a great NBA coach, not now but in the future.

He had to get off his butt and coach...the players recently admitted he's been more vocal and hands on. He tried to sit back and let those guys figure it out on their own in the beginning. The number 1 rule a coach should know about coaching....especially players who are great, want to be great, want to win....more than anything....

THEY WANT TO BE COACHED!!!!

Doesn't hurt to put the 1/5th down either.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
Tim Hardaway, Jr. is a good young rookie. Don't know what your problem with Prigioni is.

I'd start Prigioni and Hardaway and have Shumpert and Murry come off the bench. The younger players would get a chance to develop and the Knicks might actually do better. I don't care if Felton and J.R. plays.

agree tim jr. mite be a keeper... but prig... please... old and slow.. not a good combo.. and I agree play shump n murray... but its not going to happen .... payin others toooo much $$$$...

Kiyaman

Legend
Fixed this for you. We get plenty of former all-stars for the minimum that either get injured or can't shoot anymore, Blatche went to the Nets because he thought that was a winning situation. How many guys do you think we can sell that we need you to win a championship story to now with the way the Knicks are going. :(
Good Point .... Prigioni, Beno, MWP, and K-Mart look like they are sorry they sign with the Melo-Knicks

jimkcchief88

All Star
Glad I was working and missed this one...um um um :( this team is not competing right now and I think Woody is going to end up being the fall guy...Woody has lost these guys.

Kiyaman

Legend
He had to get off his but and coach...the players recently admitted he's been more vocal and hands on. He tried to sit back and let those guys figure it out on their own in the beginning. The number rule a coach should know about coaching....especially players who are great, want to be great, want to win....more than anything....

THEY WANT TO BE COACHED!!!!

Doesn't hurt to put the 1/5th down either.

Jason Kidd signed a 2 yr contract with us to put in 20 yrs as a player like Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Lew Alcinder) ....
The only reason Jason Kidd came to New York was to tutor Jeremy Lin for two years, then become the headcoach of the Knicks to take Tyson/Stat/Melo/and Jeremy Lin to the FINALS in 2014-15.
Mavs owner Cuban & HC Rick Carlyle did not like Kidds future plan move.

After one season with Carmelo Anthony, Kidd wanted out of his contract on good terms with the NBA.
It was not hard to figure out that Kidd and the Russian already negotiated a headcoach contract, before the Knicks season ended.
Everything was worked out weeks before the 2013 draft night.

Its hard to coach a team when the franchise player is a CANCER PG...

Broadway

All Star
Jason Kidd signed a 2 yr contract with us to put in 20 yrs as a player like Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Lew Alcinder) ....
The only reason Jason Kidd came to New York was to tutor Jeremy Lin for two years, then become the headcoach of the Knicks to take Tyson/Stat/Melo/and Jeremy Lin to the FINALS in 2014-15.
Mavs owner Cuban & HC Rick Carlyle did not like Kidds future plan move.

After one season with Carmelo Anthony, Kidd wanted out of his contract on good terms with the NBA.
It was not hard to figure out that Kidd and the Russian already negotiated a headcoach contract, before the Knicks season ended.
Everything was worked out weeks before the 2013 draft night.

Its hard to coach a team when the franchise player is a CANCER PG...

Yes I agree Kidd reached out in advance to pursue coaching. Not sure at what time but it was premature no doubt and if he truly thought the world of Melo and this organization he wouldn't have given up $6mil in guaranteed money to go into unchartered territory that being the in state rival.