ESPN preditcs Knicks are under 0.500 this season

tiger0330

Legend
Funny thing is he thinks we still make the playoffs with that record. Predicts 2nd in the division, 7th in the AC.

Big reason for the record, Bargnani makes us worse. Relying on 3 pt shooting and losing Novak and Copeland and replacing them with Bargs and MWP drops us from 3 offensively to 20.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's really hard to say where we'll end up after the RS. As of now we played just three preseason games and that without four rotation players. I'd wait with rating the Knicks until after our first couple of RS games. I guess we'll see more of what we can expect from this team in the upcoming preseason games, but still nothing's clear until after we played in games that matter.

tiger0330

Legend
One thing I know is Bargnani is not going to be the difference maker to take this team to the next level. He hasn't been a great shooter in the preseason and he's terrible defensively and on the boards. Novak for all his faults was a reliable 3 pt shooter, Bargs is not. I think the critics were right about this trade, we gave up too much for him.

Broadway

All Star
Well usually espn is pretty good with their predictions especially when it comes to the Knicks. Now they were wrong last yr but are we really going to pitch a fit about that when in previous seasons they've been spot on?

We're going to struggle this year and the law of team league average improvements, suggest we will.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Shumpert could take this team to the level where they can compete with everybody. Bargani's height advantage with his shooting can be big, but his shot isn't money, which means he must do other things.

Amar'e again can be huge, but I don't have my hopes up because of his injury history.

J.R. Smith has to go back to driving a lot every game. That's where he's at his best. That man has a lot of talent, he has to bring his A game every game.

I still don't know what to think of with this team. Even though last season's older vets had injuries, they brought experience and confidence with me and probably the team. Kidd, Sheed, Camby, Thomas, and K-Mart brought high IQ, experience, and toughness.

Martin, MWP, Chandler, Shumpert, and Prigioni can make things happen defensively, but will the Knicks be a good defensive team?

bigapple

Starter
some of u are simply crap talkers :) why Boshless heat will not win against Pacers this is 1

2 Pacers are also scoring crappy games i still not forgotten game 3 Hawks Pacers it was pacers devastation

3 MWP Shump current best defenders Pablo is playing like payton but this is not big time scorer but he proofs alot in Celtics series.

4. Tyson is still enigma

as i remember something bout 7 game in schedule Spurs r coming to MSG

Rob Low

Rotation player
I haven't taken espn seriously in like 3 years. They just ranked Kobe as the 25th best player in the league so that should tell u all u need to know about them

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks make the playoffs but I don't see them winning 50 games. They don't have the tools on defense.

We have the tools to be one of the top-5 defensive teams this year in ....
C-Tyson, PF-K.Martin, SF-MWP, SG-Shump, and PG-Prigioni .. The defensive captain K.Martin.
We just dont have the person (coach) that knows how to use our tools properly to get the best out of each tool.
Especially, when the high-scorer of the team have more power than the interim HC, and interim GM.

What we have is a favoritism coach that expect all the players on the team to cover for two non-defensive players who performance has force the team to play a halfcourt isolation-system on offense by always holding the ball.
This offseason we added another non-defensive player to the team name Bargani.
The three non-defensive players (Bargani, Melo, JR) are expected to receive 30 (or more) minutes per game.
These three non-defensive veterans has been in the NBA for 7 or more years, and none has ever mesh or gell with their teammates on the defensive-end of the court in their career.

The Eastern Conference has 4 winning teams from last year that improve their roster with new aquistion in the offseason. The "Heats, Bulls, Pacers, and Nets", and they are strongly considered 2nd round postseason teams that will bumb-heads in the semi-playoffs. They showed something the Knicks has not showed in decades, a same-page team with "Team-Chemistry" on offense and defense.
The last two seasons the New York Knicks was all about ISO-Melo high scoring, nothing else mattered .. it was interupted by a short-run by a D.League product "LinSanity" .. butt ISO-Melo power over the interim coach & interim GM made sure that would never happen again.

:gony::gony::gony:

petescud

Starter
Yeah, no way are we a .500 club...Hoping closer to a .650 club. I don't think we win as many games as last year, as some teams have improved in the east. I'd be very happy to win 50 games this year....50-32 sounds good enough to get into the playoffs

Broadway

All Star
I haven't taken espn seriously in like 3 years. They just ranked Kobe as the 25th best player in the league so that should tell u all u need to know about them

Well they've been exactly right 2 out of the past 3yrs concerning our team and predictions.

Broadway

All Star
Look up espn 2012 / 2013 predictions not one picked knicks to win the Atlantic so no espn is s$&t

No how about we look at their predictions from recent yrs....

2013-2014 Atlantic Division Prediction - Undetermined
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9559931/2013-summer-forecast-east-standings

They have us 5th in the East and Brooklyn winning the Division

2012-2013 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were WRONG!!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/...13-nba-predictions-atlantic-division-champion

They had Boston as a runaway with footnotes to Brooklyn and Philly

2011-2012 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2011/...12-Atlantic/nba-atlantic-champion-predictions

They had Boston winning and Knicks 2nd and Philly 3rd

2010-2011 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Atlantic

They had Boston by a landslide

2009-2010 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Predictions0910-Atlantic

So just because they were wrong last year no one takes them seriously? Maybe some of you as msg brd posters shouldn't be taken seriously.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
No how about we look at their predictions from recent yrs....

2013-2014 Atlantic Division Prediction - Undetermined
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9559931/2013-summer-forecast-east-standings

They have us 5th in the East and Brooklyn winning the Division

2012-2013 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were WRONG!!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/...13-nba-predictions-atlantic-division-champion

They had Boston as a runaway with footnotes to Brooklyn and Philly

2011-2012 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2011/...12-Atlantic/nba-atlantic-champion-predictions

They had Boston winning and Knicks 2nd and Philly 3rd

2010-2011 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Atlantic

2009-2010 Atlantic Division Prediction - They were SPOT ON!!!!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Predictions0910-Atlantic

So just because they were wrong last year no one takes them seriously? Maybe some of you as msg brd posters shouldn't be taken seriously.

Dude are validating espns accuracy with predictions or they're predictions in regards to the knicks. Just cuz they pick the Celtics to win the division doesn't mean they're always spot on and doesn't mean they don't crap on the knicks. What about the other divisions then and team rankings they're always jacked up. But the fact that you anti fans back them instead of your "team" is a joke. Where did they have the lakers last year? The spurs? The mavs when they won? They're way of more then "spot on" as you would say. I mean really don't care about what they say because they aren't experts. They're journalists, alot of members on this board has more ball knowledge then them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Broadway

All Star
Dude are validating espns accuracy with predictions or they're predictions in regards to the knicks. Just cuz they pick the Celtics to win the division doesn't mean they're always spot on and doesn't mean they don't crap on the knicks. What about the other divisions then and team rankings they're always jacked up. But the fact that you anti fans back them instead of your "team" is a joke. Where did they have the lakers last year? The spurs? The mavs when they won? They're way of more then "spot on" as you would say. I mean really don't care about what they say because they aren't experts. They're journalists, alot of members on this board has more ball knowledge then them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The only reason to take offense to their predictions is because of what they have to say about us. Otherwise we'd see more threads and conversation about what they projected league wide.

Face the facts....when it comes to our team they've been pretty darn accurate. Actually if you look back at their pre-season thoughts about our Knicks during the Isiah yrs in particular, they thought more of our team than we proved to be. It's like if they don't give us 5 stars and 2 thumbs up, then they're idiots...give me a break. Yes you do care hence your presence in this thread trying to stamp them down.

Also not all of ESPN thinks of us lowly. Hollinger and Sheridan every now and then will show us some love. What we need to do is get over ourselves anytime they decide not to feel us. It's just 1 media outlet providing opinions nothing to gnash our teeth, stomp our feet, and pull our hair over.

Last edited: