Ricky Davis - Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
He looks like this now. What happened to the Afro or corn rows. He hasn't played for 2 years, slim chance he makes the team.

193.jpg

CoolClyde

<In addition to Davis, the Knicks hosted center Cole Aldrich and forwards Ike Diogu, Josh Powell and Justin Brownlee.>

The only invite to training camp that I care about is Cole Aldrich; he's young, has shown promise as a college athlete, has shined in the only minutes he played professionally, and is A TRUE BACKUP CENTER FOR CHANDLER, the only position the Knicks really need at this point in time. All the others have a slim chance of making the team, and are training fodder for the 14 players currently signed this season. IMHO.

tiger0330

Legend
Aldrich is 6'10" not a great athlete and shot blocker, reminds me of a short Joe Pryzbilla. The Knicks also worked out Hassan Whiteside, I like his upside more than Aldrich.

Starks

Starter
Knicks mini camp is the new Royal Rumble. I can't wait to see what washed-up name we pick up next. My money is on Vin Baker!

Guess we really are just looking for a filler to cover some of JR's minutes while he's out, tho we do have Hardaway jr, Shump and hopefully Toure Murry.

Id really like to see us maybe pick up Cole Aldrich, the kid has got his feet wet in the league and has a big body and age on his side, like Jeremy Tyler hes someone we should invest in imo.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ricky Davis equal JR.smith = inconsistency
Recall when Lebron was a rookie and commented that the Cavs are Ricky Davis Team, then 22 games later Davis was traded to the Celtics after shooting 43% FG, 35% from 3-ball, and going to the line once a game in 36 minutes for the Cavs.
That's the expectation of JR.smith career .. Lebron getting rid of Davis inconsistency made the Cavs a 3rd round playoff team.
Melo keeping JR.smith made the Nuggets a first round playoff team. LOL

Kiyaman

Legend
Technically if i remember correctly Melo wasnt a fan or the knicks signing JR, wonder why ...

idk bout that, what i do know is .....
No team in the NBA were going to sign JR.smith after his double embarrassement in China during the short lock-out season in 2011-12 .. Lin Sanity was on a winning-streak role, untill Melo recruited his ex teammate JR.smith, and HC knuckle head gave JR.smith 30 minutes of playingtime his first game as a Knicks interrupting Lin's running transition chemistry with SG-Shump/SG-Fields/SF-Novak/and SF-Walker .. JR.smith (and Melo) has never been a running transition player in their career. They never ran with Iverson on a fastbreak...