Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks 02.22 7:30PM

nyk_nyk

All Star
we know you're good at that. easier for you than to actually make a point of your own. we know youre challenged in that area.

gimme a break man smh

I know your butt hurt from all the flack ive been giving you this past week, but no one knew Lin'd be this good, not the coach, not you, not grunwald, not jerry west, anybody in houston, the d-league. nobody. STFU..

plus I admitted i got it wrong already, along w everyone else. should i post that??

i man enough.. what about you???

Then why would you do the same thing with Jordan??? Lol. I guess you wait for the media to let you know what's real.

CA7

Scoring Champ
CA7, that play in your sig I saw it develop from the start... You can see Lin as he moved to the middle to open up the way for Anthony and then BANG the perfect pass.

Beautiful music

dude just know I seen it too and Jeremy didn't even look back its like he knew Melo was behind him and he gave it up at the perfect time and Melo did the rest

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Philly is about to lose chyeaaa... we beat the Heat tommorow then we go into the All star break getting 4 practices in to work out kinks and improve chemistry and all that... Knicks are coming together guys its just a matter of time, we have to much talent to not be good.. and we will come together watch all-star break is the most crucial part of our season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Antoni once again says he wants Melo to be himself and attack. You officially lose that debate Ronoranina.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Then why would you do the same thing with Jordan??? Lol. I guess you wait for the media to let you know what's real.

Listen man i'm done w you. You and i both know Jordan sucks balls. Stop.

And if you look at my post re Lin before he blew up. I was paraphrasing an NBA scout who got it wrong. I was hard on him but based on what i'd seen I was pretty objective about his weaknesses.

listen, players get better sometimes and shock even the experts. Jordan is different. he's not like that.

the biggest thing i underestimated was Lin's mind. he has tremendous IQ for the game and ice water in his veins in addition to his skills. and he even makes his perceived weaknesses work, like his right elbow sticking out on his j. i think it actually quickens his release.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Antoni once again says he wants Melo to be himself and attack. You officially lose that debate Ronoranina.

stop taking coach-speak literally. he just deflecting a criticism of one of his players. coaches do it all the time. catch on

he wants melo to play within the flow, stop jacking terrible shots and making bad decisions. i want him to do the same.

CA7

Scoring Champ

Melo needs to just play his game and just pick his spots better and move without the ball and run the floor and defend

CA7

Scoring Champ
this is what I hate, this was a "TEAM" win tonight and all I keep seeing on TV and twitter is Lin won the game for us, we won because of Lin, if people keep holding this guy up to these standards he's gonna fail and I dont want that, let him grow as a player

smokes

Huge Member

I'm curious, would you wanna see Melo ISO'ing and taking a contested jumper from his spot, or for him to pass out of it if he sees an opening?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lin is actually pretty honest with the media. he said: "I think he's (melo) doing a great job of drawing two and kicking and scoring when he needs to score, running the lane.."

what was i saying about melo needing to get better at making the quick decisions this offense requires earlier today?

he made some better ones tnite, but i think there's still room for improvement.

CA7

Scoring Champ
lin is actually pretty honest with the media. he said: "I think he's (melo) doing a great job of drawing two and kicking and scoring when he needs to score, running the lane.."

what was i saying about him needing to get better at making the quick decisions this offense requires earlier today?

he made some better ones tnite, but i think there's still room for improvement.

but Melo isn't the drive and react type which is why he had 2 early turnovers, he catches and holds to see what the defense is doing then attacks, its play like that we're going to need in the playoffs but for now, pass/cut and run is what he should focus on, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we have nothing going or if we start off flat then Melo should get the ball and play his game

I for one loved the way he played tonight

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
but Melo isn't the drive and react type which is why he had 2 early turnovers, he catches and holds to see what the defense is doing then attacks, its play like that we're going to need in the playoffs but for now, pass/cut and run is what he should focus on, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and we have nothing going or if we start off flat then Melo should get the ball and play his game

I for one loved the way he played tonight

he needs to not do the bolded for 3 1/2 quarters. maybe in the forth he can do some of his hero basketball when we need a bucket as Doc Rivers likes to say. i personally want lin with the ball in a big spot in the forth tho. maybe it ends up in melo's hands, but i want lin making the decision in the big spot.

seriously on this team w all of the talent we have, melo needs to become more of an uber efficient, solid defending, excellent decision making, system player who elevates his game only when needed. knowing when to do that is kind of an art. paul pierce and kobe have it down pat.

CA7

Scoring Champ
he needs to not do the bolded for 3 1/2 quarters. maybe in the forth he can do some of his hero basketball when we need a bucket as Doc Rivers likes to say. i personally want lin with the ball in a big spot in the forth tho. maybe it ends up in melo's hands, but i want lin making the decision in the big spot.

seriously on this team w all of the talent we have, melo needs to become more of an uber efficient, solid defending, excellent decision making, system player who elevates his game only when needed. knowing when to do that is kind of an art. paul pierce and kobe have it down pat.

you must not be watching Kobe right now LMAO

anyway Melo has to be Melo he cant be Fields, he has to look to score, rebound and defend but when the games on the line or 5 minutes left in the 4th tied game vs Chicago/Miami Melo has to be "THE GUY" like I said I love the way Lin is playing and Melo has been asked to do too much this year with not help but once he regains form and finds his rhythm he is our guy in the 4th no one else

thats the thing about this Lin shit, he's been doing it for 2 weeks Melo has been doing it his whole career

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
you must not be watching Kobe right now LMAO

anyway Melo has to be Melo he cant be Fields, he has to look to score, rebound and defend but when the games on the line or 5 minutes left in the 4th tied game vs Chicago/Miami Melo has to be "THE GUY" like I said I love the way Lin is playing and Melo has been asked to do too much this year with not help but once he regains form and finds his rhythm he is our guy in the 4th no one else

thats the thing about this Lin shit, he's been doing it for 2 weeks Melo has been doing it his whole career
You put way too much faith in this guy. We'll see what he does tomorrow. It'll be a defining game for him and the team.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Few quick hits here... loved the win for starters, combined with celts and sixers losses, hell yeah. Agree with most posts, hate to be the guy to jump in late and argue, don't mean it as argument, just my thoughts to share...

CA7- I think he's a great poster, but he's a serious homer for Melo, we all now it, that said, sorry guys, I agree with him completely here that while Lin is great and will take us to a new level, Melo is our primary scorer and should see the ball more than just being a catch and shoot wing player.

Rono- Based on what that you have seen does Jerome Jordan suck balls? He did not suck in Serbia, they liked him alot, wanna say he was going for 15-7 in like 22 minutes or something, and they are notorious for bringing young bigs along slowly. No one here thinks he's the next Jeremy Lin, but I think he's worth more looks, I think he could be valuable, he has finished well at rim, been able to block a shot here and there, he could be a solid 8-12 minute big off the bench in some situations, Tyson is getting big minutes compared to what he normally got, and we need him to last a few years here!

Positive notes, we beat a team ahead of us, there is plenty of reason for optimism, and our bench has unreal potential with Novak, JR, Baron, Shump, Jorts, Jeffries, we could be very very tough by April

LA KNICKS GUY

Benchwarmer
Too much faith in the statistically most clutch player since he came into the league...yep.
History is that. History. What matters is now and the future. He better show up tomorrow. Carmelo and STAT have been major disappointments since their returns. 7 straight wins w/out these cats says a lot about their value on the team.