We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

Why is everyone so hypnotized by lerobin he is a joke and a waste of talent.i feel he can lead a team to a chip,well his natural talents can but his mind cant,he isnt mentally tough like ehh...jordan? this guy wants to make a buddy ol' pal relation ship instead of not just doing it alone but earning a championship instead of taking the easy way out.threwout history their has been chances for mega stars to align but you know why they didnt? for the challenge and the glory of doing it their way instead of basically caving in on themselves.thats why people like allen iverson amazes me,people brash him for being selfish but one this a.i has over damn near anybody is loyalty.he hasnt done anything monumental for philly(besides leading them to the finals)and he is an immortal to the philly nation,stockton went down trying and he is beloved by the jazz,dirk is going to trying and the mavs love this guy,its all about showing moxxy and heart and lebron has neither.

in my opion he never was a "LEADER" he is a showman a person who gets ooooz and aaaaz when the pressure isnt on.then when the pressure is on the oohs and ahhs turns into question marks.lebron isnt clutch he is a more than godly talented specimen that doesnt want to kill the opposition but wants to get all the attention thats why kobe isnt the biggest star in the league not because he is boring but because he ignores the spotlight for nothing but getting better in the off season then coming back for another ring.

lets say lebron comes to new york and averages a triple double in mikes system.then when playoff time comes he plays as if he was injured and this isnt just banging him for the celtics series but throughout his career he hasnt been a killer he doesnt put the dagger in your heart.kevin durant is what we should look up to although he is extremely young.this guy is in a terrible market an unpredictable team,bad ownership,little tv spotlight and threw all that he not only signs an extension giving up hopes of coming to ny but he does so so quitely few even know now.but lebron....lets make a big mock of all the nba team officials by having them come to my "HOMETOWN" and me interview them for a job and to top it off i go to greenwhich hyping knicks fans then blast ohioans and not to go to a bulls franchise rdy to take over the league but a miami heat team that gambled on this and somehow paid off.

kobe doesnt play basketball just to win,he is a competitor the best since jordan,he wants to kill and to be a villian in peopls hearts he wants to step up and lead a franchise threw tough times but lebron the so call most valuable player takes the easy way out.this is why the mvp award should be awared after the conference finals because to many false profits steal it.i have never seen such a gifted athlete bail out and kneel to a lesser player,abandon his home,join that lesser players team,and essential puts on his boy wonder cape and becomes the sidekick,lebrons image is forever tarnished i used to love em but this guy is a bust IMO even if he wins a chip in miami because the bottom line is that he cant deliver and thats all that matters and i am ashamed,dwade is the one sticking to his home team and not being hated not just from the team that drafted him but his hometown.do you see chicago burning dwades jersey? nope what about toronto and bosh? nope lebron is a major bust a player that no matter how many pieces you put around him cant do it as a main guy and when he retires with 4 rings and look back at what he couldve done for cleveland he will fill like an ass simply because he knew that he couldnt carry a team like all the greats have.

at the end of the day lebron will be successful in miami no doubt but not only is he basically thrown out of the best player/2nd best player discussion but when he gets homesick his own community that raised him wont take him back.15 years from now when lebrons washed up and FA we knicks fans will see who gets the last laugh when he will be begging for a roster spot just like shaq,tmac,AI,brad miller, because lebron just sold out and i am in a way glad we didnt get em because it wouldve been fun but it also wouldve been cavs 2.0 and thats why he didnt come because the pressure,spotlight and media would show lebron as the #2 guy that he has been disguised inside of the big 260 pound endless potentially greatest player ever,body so knicks we have randolph and trust me this guy is sick and im looking forward to the season but dont get mad knicks lebron is a showman not a winner.

Ok man, so talk some ball. all i've seen you do so far is talk down to other posters about their disliking of LeBron. You can't actually expect any knicks fans to respect what he has done can you?

LeBron stabbed ohio in the back, did it on national television and all to go to a Miami team that will now be a new powerhouse. Instead of having great teams led by superstars with great competitive games and playoff series we'll have miami/orlando in the eastern confrence finals for the next 5-10 years. Essentially these selfish players will make the NBA less competitive and less fun to watch and follow.

The lack of balls to own a team and make his mark on his own is really telling about the type of basketball player he is. Dwade surpassed him as the best player on the court of 2010 and we haven't even got to the preseason games. James will go down as the reverse of paul pierce; a player that could not recruit talent to his home team that went to chase rings elsewhere and FAILED.

Knicks have a lot to be pleased about, certainly after that trade with GSW. We have pieces to be a great team this year and in the future.

So why all the negativity man? LeBron might be a stand up citizen, but as a member of the NBA he has done damage and tarnished his own reputation in the process.

The results of the trades with cleveland <ST1:p</ST1:premains to be seen. I know Lebron hurt people, but not once did he say he was coming here. Your NY knicks hyped all of this up and you want to bash him for it. That is just not fair. He gave cleveland<ST1:p</ST1:p 7 years and took them to unbelievable heights (not just in basketball). Then they burn his jersey and the owner of cleveland <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceName w:st=
Golden</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:p</st1:City>wanted to act like he owns him. Thats F-up

Hell, who doesn’t want a great player? I'm just tired of seeing the hypocritical BS being tossed around. All I heard and saw for the last month or so was Lebron this and Lebron that. The newspaper, tv, radio, politicians, and most of the city was all over his nut sack. Now that he’s made a very smart unselfish power move...people want to start hating on him. sorry, but I have very low tolerance for phoniness

If he was selfish he would have took the money and tried to be the franchise. But he didn’t and chooses to share the spot light. I can respect that, very honorable, unlike what most basketball fans are displaying.

p0nder

Starter
You honestly don't see an improvement between this years roster and the start of last year??? I mean Amar'e is a huge upgrade anyway you look at it. He is better offensively and defensively. We have up graded our defense tremendously, especially in the paint (Barron, Jordan, Randolph). We still have our itiallian stallion gallo shooting 3's. We have walker, chandler, douglas a couple of decent 2nd rounders to round out our difference at the 1, 2 and 3.

If you add a decent playmaker PG to this squad it is easily #5 seed in the east. Behind only Boston, Miami, Orlando and maybe ATL. We are playoff bound for the first time in years and you can't help but cry over DLee? a guy that never ever not once gave 100% effort on the defensive end of the court?

As a side note i'd take Tim Duncan on my team over pretty much everyone not named Kobe. If Amar'e can give us Tim Duncan-esk effort and production then I'll be a very happy knicks fan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
that wasn't a playoff series i was comparing , i was comparing their entire 2009-2010 season. SO again I ask you, if STAT who is younger, stronger quicker etc etc how come his numbers are so comparable to the older duncan? the answer is they is not a big difference in the talent level even at duncans age... The same way there isn't that much of a difference in talent between he and everyone else I mentioned and even the people i didn't mention Lee and Boozer... yea I will give Amare the benefit of the doubt that he is better than those 2, but how much better?? Trust its not that great of a difference. this team is nearly the same as it was last year. give or take a few... If Mike D'antoni is the coach it will result in the same conclusion that this past season brought us. But you guys, for whatever reason, don't seem to realize it.. .We have the potential of being a good team.. and thats where it stops.. because we had the potential of being a good team at the start of last season as well. look how that turned out

Because they haven't WATCHED enough hoops to know better LiL Balk. We are in the same age group so we can spot a bad team a mile away. These youngster haven't watched enough hoops to know any better and you can't tell them nothing like infants in thier terrible two's. We will be in the EXACT same spot next year as we are right now. Just pray MELO to come save our CHEESE.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Listen...Duncun is a future hall of famer with multiple title and is a top 50 all time player. The fact that we are mentioning and comparing STAT in the smae breath justifies this acquisition. The fact is, Amre lead the league in points scored in the paint and is a consistent number one option on a team that went deep in the playoffs many times. He was the best big available and def a top5 PF/C in the league.

FYI, I am 30 and have grown up watching basketball so save that shit.

You honestly don't see an improvement between this years roster and the start of last year??? I mean Amar'e is a huge upgrade anyway you look at it. He is better offensively and defensively. We have up graded our defense tremendously, especially in the paint (Barron, Jordan, Randolph). We still have our itiallian stallion gallo shooting 3's. We have walker, chandler, douglas a couple of decent 2nd rounders to round out our difference at the 1, 2 and 3.

If you add a decent playmaker PG to this squad it is easily #5 seed in the east. Behind only Boston, Miami, Orlando and maybe ATL. We are playoff bound for the first time in years and you can't help but cry over DLee? a guy that never ever not once gave 100% effort on the defensive end of the court?

As a side note i'd take Tim Duncan on my team over pretty much everyone not named Kobe. If Amar'e can give us Tim Duncan-esk effort and production then I'll be a very happy knicks fan.

trust me, i see the efforts, but the knicks are just not savvy enough in the management deptartment. Just look at what happen this year alone...never mind the last horrendous years. Until they get their act together, I refuse to believe they can be solid contenders. It's still summer time and there are other good pieces like Gilbert Areanas out there. Can you imagine gilbert, stat, camby, and Iverson. These guys will take a cut and I'm sure they still have some ball left in them.... but, as of right now...I don't see the knicks competing this year, especially in the East. IMHO.

metrocard

Legend
Jim, you're a fool who has provided zero insight to this site and you've been here for half a decade.

You're bias ass Chicago supporter who trolls the forum with mid-west hype like Curry, Randolph, and Crawford.

Crawford has been a losing player for most of his career...Hawks won't go far with Crawford, they were a playoff team before and can be a playoff team without him if he decides to leave. Crawford still remains the biggest loser in the NBA, probably in all of NBA history. The fact you support the scrawny mid-west puto shows your head is at. Crawford has brought nothing but losing to NYC...He's Isiah boy, and you were a notorious Isiah defender on this site and bashed me for wanting Isiah guy.

Now that Isiah is gone we finally have cap space and signed an all star player and got a lot of prospects in our field. I honestly don't need your respect, and I never will want it because you're the lowest of the low. A wanna be Knick fan...I've gave my contributions to this site...so when you call me the "biggest clown" I laugh, because the only one clowning here is you, you're clowning yourself. Go to the Bulls forum.

Real NY Baller, just shut the **** up already. I know I shouldnt be talking like that its rude, but really. We live here? No. Most of have our own lives outside the forums, and you're not anything special. Don't come in here acting like you know us...we just think your post stink and what you have to say absolutely lacks a lot of substance and sense. Its fair to disagree, but the way you came @ this thread, the least you deserve is the shitting on you got from many. Just stop crying already...No one is mad about LeBron heading to Miami, this is completely a thread to celebrate our new team and a new rivarly for this era.

Lilman, let me ask you something.

Who would you rather give a 5 year 100 million dollar contract to...

Amare

or Tim?

You guys complain about the front office...well...IMO

a bad front office would of let Lee go for nothing.

The Knicks got Anthony Randolph who's better than Lee overall...Ronny Turiaf who's a shot blocker/throwback player and Azubuike, an athletic SG/SF with 3pt range and defense.

How is that BAD?

Thats actually better than signing a FAKE LEADER like LeBron and selling our beautiful city to that puto.

I like what we got.

We got cap space
We got a 1st round pick in 2011(I believe so)
We got the best inside scoring big man in the NBA who's only 27.
We got an international superstar/prospect in Gallinari who can play into a Dirk level a season or two from now.
We got Anthony Randolph...Lamar Odom meets AK47...and 20 ppg scorer that most people don't know about.
We got Wilson Chandler....not that different from Rudy Gay.
We got Bill Walker, a steal from the draft...can really produce this season and surprise the critics.
We got Toney Douglas, defensive combo guard with 3pt range and scoring ability.

We're a pure PG (Paul, Collison) away from seriously contending...this isn't being overly positive, its looking at the pieces we have now.

We're in a GREAT position.

Last edited:
comparing amare to tim is like comparing fruity flakes to fruity pebbles its common sense tim is a better winner and more polished and just outright better in everything except highlight reel plays.

is this team after the warriors deal even better than the z-bo / jamal based team that donnie blew up when he first got here? what progress have we made? we're OK at the moment, but we were right at this point 2 years ago...

www.lebroncansuckit.com

precisely we are at the same point last year with 15+ mill in cap space and 11mill coming off the books when curry is gone plus having some of the top potential on our team and contending for a playoff spot yep i would so we are the same and 2 years ago tony parker and carmelo wanted to play for us:)

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
So...you're upset that we got a player at least as good as Duncan? What am I missing here?

Well you are missing a lot, mainly my points which were made in previous post ... read up on the thread and you'll see exactly what ur missing and what I am talking about

Jim, you're a fool who has provided zero insight to this site and you've been here for half a decade.

You're bias ass Chicago supporter who trolls the forum with mid-west hype like Curry, Randolph, and Crawford.

Crawford has been a losing player for most of his career...Hawks won't go far with Crawford, they were a playoff team before and can be a playoff team without him if he decides to leave. Crawford still remains the biggest loser in the NBA, probably in all of NBA history. The fact you support the scrawny mid-west puto shows your head is at. Crawford has brought nothing but losing to NYC...He's Isiah boy, and you were a notorious Isiah defender on this site and bashed me for wanting Isiah guy.

Now that Isiah is gone we finally have cap space and signed an all star player and got a lot of prospects in our field. I honestly don't need your respect, and I never will want it because you're the lowest of the low. A wanna be Knick fan...I've gave my contributions to this site...so when you call me the "biggest clown" I laugh, because the only one clowning here is you, you're clowning yourself. Go to the Bulls forum.

Real NY Baller, just shut the **** up already. I know I shouldnt be talking like that its rude, but really. We live here? No. Most of have our own lives outside the forums, and you're not anything special. Don't come in here acting like you know us...we just think your post stink and what you have to say absolutely lacks a lot of substance and sense. Its fair to disagree, but the way you came @ this thread, the least you deserve is the shitting on you got from many. Just stop crying already...No one is mad about LeBron heading to Miami, this is completely a thread to celebrate our new team and a new rivarly for this era.

Amare

or Tim?

The Knicks got Anthony Randolph who's better than Lee overall...Ronny Turiaf who's a shot blocker/throwback player and Azubuike, an athletic SG/SF with 3pt range and defense.

How is that BAD?

Thats actually better than signing a FAKE LEADER like LeBron and selling our beautiful city to that puto.

I like what we got.

We got cap space
We got an international superstar/prospect in Gallinari who can play into a Dirk level a season or two from now.
We got Anthony Randolph...Lamar Odom meets AK47...and 20 ppg scorer that most people don't know about.
We got Bill Walker, a steal from the draft...can really produce this season and surprise the critics.

We're a pure PG (Paul, Collison) away from seriously contending...this isn't being overly positive, its looking at the pieces we have now.

metrocard your the only dude here thats optimistic thats why knicks fans have a bad rep because they always complain when things look bleek but i have to say we are a 7-8 seed and d-walsh has more tricks up his sleeves and rumors swirling that kevin pritchard the ex-gm from portland may take over since walsh is in bad health and may retire but metro good to stick with your team threw thick and thin i did the same for the jets and we are super bowl favorites now:)

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Listen...Duncun is a future hall of famer with multiple title and is a top 50 all time player. The fact that we are mentioning and comparing STAT in the smae breath justifies this acquisition. The fact is, Amre lead the league in points scored in the paint and is a consistent number one option on a team that went deep in the playoffs many times. He was the best big available and def a top5 PF/C in the league.

FYI, I am 30 and have grown up watching basketball so save that shit.

Well apparently you didn't read the thread either and just decided to jump in without reading what was being said... I'm not mentioning Amare in the same breath as Duncan all i was doing was countering a point... you guys really need to read on here... same way you guys need to start watching this team from an objective view...

metrocard

Legend
Cheif, you could say you been watching basketball for 50 years, but by reading your post the last couple of years, it sure doesn't look like it.

Age doesn't matter, you still come out like an ignorant bafoon.

I've clashed heads with many on this site, but most of them come out the shell and drop some quality knowledge and insight and make reading the forum enjoyable.

You just lay a post-mcdonalds-meal-type shit on every thread you post in. I've been pushing for your retirement for the longest. You're going to stay that mid-west shell as a closet Bulls fan...and continue to pollute the forum with your junk.

The woman you know as Jim has been an avid Isiah, Crawford and Curry supporter, even at the end of the era when people finally believed my post, my words, and my lead to getting them all out of NYC since day 1.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well apparently you didn't read the thread either and just decided to jump in without reading what was being said... I'm not mentioning Amare in the same breath as Duncan all i was doing was countering a point... you guys really need to read on here... same way you guys need to start watching this team from an objective view...

Simmer down lilman (if every there were a more appropriate name) You listed their stats side by side...not me. You may have been countering a point but you opened up a door and I made a valid point. I am merely pointing out that his stats are comparable to a top 50 player. If you disagree I would love to hear your argument.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Amare

or Tim?

How is that BAD?

I like what we got.

We got cap space

Tim is not in his prime so no I would not have given him a 100 million dollar contract. Amare is in his prime and I wouldn't have given him a 100 million dollar contract either. THe thing that a lot of you are forgetting i dont whether its by choice or you are just caught in the euphoria of signing an all star, but Amare Stoudemire's is Amare Stoudemire because of Steve Nash, the same way Mike D'antoni has a rep ONLY because of Steve Nash. Why are you guys acting as if Amare can create his own shots. Please take into account that it was Steve nash giving him precision passes which provided him the ability to put up those numbers. now im not saying that he can't do that again. but you guys aren't even figuring the Nash factor into the equation at all. The same way you didn't figure the Nash equation with D'antoni. I use to think Knick fans were the smartest in NYC. but you guys are disappointing me.

As far as your break down... potential is potential is potential... Eddy Curry had the "potential" to be the next Shaq when he came into the league look how that turned out.

It starts with coaching and the Knicks dont have the proper man leading the way

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Simmer down lilman (if every there were a more appropriate name) You listed their stats side by side...not me. You may have been countering a point but you opened up a door and I made a valid point. I am merely pointing out that his stats are comparable to a top 50 player. If you disagree I would love to hear your argument.

Well didn't think i would need to but since you asked... DUNCAN IS 34 and past his prime STAT is 27 and in his prime... So his numbers are as good as a past his prime top 50 player.. well does that make him as good as that top 50 all time player? I mean Larry Hughes stats were probably comparable to Micahel Jordan when he played with the Wizards, I guess Larry Hughes was just as good as jordan ... thats my argument

READING COMPREHENSION IS A MUST... PLEASE

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well didn't think i would need to but since you asked... DUNCAN IS 34 and past his prime STAT is 27 and in his prime... So his numbers are as good as a past his prime top 50 player.. well does that make him as good as that top 50 all time player? I mean Larry Hughes stats were probably comparable to Micahel Jordan when he played with the Wizards, I guess Larry Hughes was just as good as jordan ... thats my argument

READING COMPREHENSION IS A MUST... PLEASE

Silly rabbit! Tricks are for kids!

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Career</td><td>977</td><td>36.4</td><td>7937-15621</td><td>.508</td><td>26-139</td><td>.187</td><td>4741-6904</td><td>.687</td><td>3.1</td><td>8.5</td><td>11.6</td><td>.75</td><td>2.29</td><td>2.70</td><td>2.61</td><td>3.2</td><td>21.1</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Career</td><td>516</td><td>34.3</td><td>3988-7337</td><td>.544</td><td>15-79</td><td>.190</td><td>3044-4018</td><td>.758</td><td>2.7</td><td>6.3</td><td>8.9</td><td>.87</td><td>1.40</td><td>2.57</td><td>3.43</td><td>1.3</td><td>21.4</td></tr></tbody></table>

Their career stats are very similar with STAT edging him on FG%, FT% and scoring. SO yes, regradless of their point in their career the comparison is solid.

Further if you want to talk about 2010 then it's clear Amare is currently the better player stat wise. Duncan was the overall better player and has the rings to prove it but Amare is right there and as you said is in his prime. Nice try though!

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>78</td><td>31.3</td><td>561-1082</td><td>.518</td><td>2-11</td><td>.182</td><td>271-374</td><td>.725</td><td>2.8</td><td>7.3</td><td>10.1</td><td>.58</td><td>1.50</td><td>1.79</td><td>1.95</td><td>3.2</td><td>17.9</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: right;"><td align="left">Season</td><td>82</td><td>34.6</td><td>704-1264</td><td>.557</td><td>1-6</td><td>.167</td><td>487-632</td><td>.771</td><td>2.8</td><td>6.1</td><td>8.9</td><td>.63</td><td>1.01</td><td>2.60</td><td>3.43</td><td>1.0</td><td>23.1</td></tr></tbody></table>

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
NOOOOOOO!!!!! Metrotard IS the biggest clown on the site. I just keep it real. If I recall Jamal was NBA 6th man of the year this year and made it two the second round of the playoffs, something the Knicks haven't done in over a DECADE!!! So your point is????? Sometimes its best to BE QUIET, when grown folks are talking...... ON CHIEF.

you said it all on your own CLOWN..... SIXTH MAN.... not a number one option... they had all types of options on that Hawks team so dont even compare the knicks to that squad... good try though old man